Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Shadenuat

Arcane
well I tried sirus fight. went through first phases by running around and casting bane, but lost at the end due to red thingies stacking. sadly my PC crashed 3 times during fight and fps dropped to 0 once more which costed me 4 portals. the 5th portal was due to one-shot right on entering arena/lag and last one during last phase with one-shot from lazor+bleed stack. i fixed the issues with running game in window but doing 4 bosses again is too boring. (the AMD drivers from 15th January also destroyed most KOEI TECMO games btw)

it was fun, but uninstall.exe :shittydog: maybe meet again in PoE2.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
fun league for me trying out different builds

hopefully the kinks of the current Atlas system will be ironed out next league

also nerf summoners

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
After finally offing Sirus and reaching AL8 with my SSF Arc Witch, think it's time to shelve PoE until the next league, if not PoE 2. Would have liked to play around with a 6L Agnerod West and maybe some Awakened Gems on SSF, alas, for my casual self, the RNG was not to be.

This was probably the most fun I ever had with the game in my 7 years of casually playing it (probably have ~800h in-game in between the Steam Client and PoE's own client, and 127h on this character), and I never anticipated I'd stick with the league as long as I have. Part of why I rolled Arc was because I was expecting to be done with it soon after reaching end-game or whatever. The loot piñatas that are Metamorphs featuring Incursion rares and loads of currency nearly every single map combined with the newly self-sustainable map pool made for a much more satisfying reward loop this time around. I skipped the original Breach, Abyss and all other 3.0.0 leagues after Fall of Oriath, so if this sort of reward scale is normal for a new league nowadays, it was news to me.

And the Headhunter was icing on the cake. I'll always have that to remember this league by.

Here's the character if you're interested (and also proof of the above).

frajaq

Erudite
map stash now show if you completed map bonus and awakening bonus, plus maps now actually tell the region they're from

lLsrqqm.png

atlas now shows the conquerors that you killed so far to spawn Sirus

bU9Rm8N.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It's all fun and memes games until you try and find out it's legit
1493F2BBAD31D464FFF916BF6F295AC48E443E71

Heard that you need to blast some totem miniboss in Act1 and link stuff on his corpse.

Dunno why I did that since there is zero plans to make new build, I'm just amassing maps in my Map Tab.

I find it weird there is so many uniques yet you drop non stop same 10 items and once in a blue moon you get good stuff like Carcass Jack (other notables include Baron and Shavs).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Linking is just pure RNG, I've 6 linked a disfavour with 2 fusings before, other times had items take far more than the average.

Either way it usually works out better for me to link manually rather than using the 1500 recipe.

Perkel

Arcane
I am now 100% sure game has some build in "welcome back" modifier for people who are going back to game after a long while. I did get some exalts, some nice uniques like that but this time it beat the shit out of those.

Basically i just logged to do something random. Took first map from my stash i could find. Run it got like 4 chaos orb one after another, got yun. Finished allowing me to go for intervention safehouse, just 1 star parandus and unknown leader so yolo. Killed Rin as boss got paradoxica which by itself is a lot. YOLO unveil and got this:

unknown.png

I mean come on son... 6 minutes...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Linking is just pure RNG, I've 6 linked a disfavour with 2 fusings before, other times had items take far more than the average.

Either way it usually works out better for me to link manually rather than using the 1500 recipe.
I think the odds of 6link is 1/1500, but it is modified by quality so at 20% quality it's (supposedly) 1/1250. I think my average is way below what those odds would indicate though. The wiki says someone did an experiment and found 20% quality means on average 1000 attempts are needed. Might be I'm just lucky (and either way I plan my builds to be able to do endgame content on 5L).

Sirius stats:
total amount of times that Sirus has been killed in each league:

• Metamorph | 1028060
  • Metamorph HC | 7871
  • Metamorph SSF | 32053
  • Metamorph HC SSF | 3636

League Sirus K/D
  • Metamorph | 4.3
  • Hardcore Metamorph | 0.13
  • SSF Metamorph | 4.9
  • SSF Metamorph HC | 0.2
Interesting to me.
8000 people really isn't a lot for HC. I wonder what GGG thinks about the 13% death rate for the encounter as well. Too high? A sign of boss balance for 2.0?

Also, it is p cool to see in numbers just how bad standard players are at the game :M

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the odds of 6link is 1/1500, but it is modified by quality so at 20% quality it's (supposedly) 1/1250. I think my average is way below what those odds would indicate though. The wiki says someone did an experiment and found 20% quality means on average 1000 attempts are needed. Might be I'm just lucky (and either way I plan my builds to be able to do endgame content on 5L).

The odds are apparently designed so that the 6l crafting bench option is meant to be more expensive than average. Certainly I've had a lot 6Ls that have taken very few fusings to achieve (like the 2 fusings I mentioned), but I've also had outliers that have taken over 1000 and I've also had statistically "good" fusings that have taken around 500.

One of my friends claims I have very good "luck" in POE as he's never managed to get a 6l in less than a 1000, nor does he usually get very good drops. Amusingly, I once 6l'd one of his items with around 50 fusings after he gave me his fusings as he said I'd probably get it really easily.

abija

Prophet
8000 people really isn't a lot for HC. I wonder what GGG thinks about the 13% death rate for the encounter as well. Too high? A sign of boss balance for 2.0?

Also, it is p cool to see in numbers just how bad standard players are at the game :M

It's 8000 kills not 8000 people. And the stats are whatever because 1) they don't distinguish between awakening levels and 2) boss has been nerfed to the ground. It's relatively easy now even for SSF to tank up enough to ignore most S1 mechanics. Only relevant conclusion is that very few people play hardcore (as expected).

Gerrard

Arcane
It doesn't fucking matter if it averages out over time when a normal player will NEVER IN THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF PLAYING THE GAME get enough fusings to reach that point.

Perkel

Arcane
So tempted to quit poe entirely until poe 2 is out.

That is my plan. Leave POE until POE2 hits to get all the updates to graphics, animations and new campaign rather than to get "drop feed" like they plan.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
There is some evidence that fusing with 20% quality has a 1/1000 chance to 6-link.

Anyway, I came here to shitpost. Saw the below posted elsewhere. For posterity:

ArchAngel

Arcane
So tempted to quit poe entirely until poe 2 is out.

That is my plan. Leave POE until POE2 hits to get all the updates to graphics, animations and new campaign rather than to get "drop feed" like they plan.
I already did that. Also uninstalled it from my SSD to make place for Wolcen :D

But unless POE2 plays slower and closer to D2 I doubt I will come back for that either.

Open world D4 sounds like it could be fun. Open world aRPG has not been seen since Sacred series.

Perkel

Arcane
I already did that. Also uninstalled it from my SSD to make place for Wolcen :D

But unless POE2 plays slower and closer to D2 I doubt I will come back for that either.
Open world D4 sounds like it could be fun. Open world aRPG has not been seen since Sacred series.

Yeah from what i read D4 seems to be mea culpa of Blizzard. The guys currently at the helm made a post "what is diablo" and they kind of hit all the things fans thing. Which means they are on right track and later on they talked about mechanics and presented a lot that made created interesting choices especially rune system and they are completely open to feedback and took already feedback on some things.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Breach 2.0 - Electric Boogaloo, plus Legion and some Synthesis.
And fog that will tank your performance because fuck you.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom