Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Gerrard

Arcane
You realize that this doesn't even show the actual damage a fully charged beam does, right?

eklektyk

Erudite
last legue played freeze pulse totems - splushed a lot of currency on good-ish gear and had relatively decent amount of fun with that glas cannon [ killed first shaper and cleared whole atlas ]

now im playing zombies [ i know - nerfed to ground and all that ] trying to make cluster jewel stacking work on my minions - issiue is that i need 100 lvl to cram it all in and a lot of ex but we will see if i can repeat last legue successes

btw ggg did an upsie and whole internet is on fire. again. :) its a fun time to read alll the drama

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
btw ggg did an upsie and whole internet is on fire. again. :) its a fun time to read alll the drama
Apparently negative posts are being purged from the subreddit.

The upsie ggg did was nerf the increased aura efficiency per herald node mid league.

Gerrard

Arcane
100% ethical SSF

9Evtw24.jpg

Don't know if I want to respec though, especially since I got a nice cluster jewel for 2H.

Peachcurl

Cipher
last legue played freeze pulse totems - splushed a lot of currency on good-ish gear and had relatively decent amount of fun with that glas cannon [ killed first shaper and cleared whole atlas ]

now im playing zombies [ i know - nerfed to ground and all that ] trying to make cluster jewel stacking work on my minions - issiue is that i need 100 lvl to cram it all in and a lot of ex but we will see if i can repeat last legue successes

My own zombie approach at the moment:

(Aukuna's Will + Mon'tregul's Graps + Maligaro's Lens) + (Necromantic Aegis + Minion Instability) + Infernal Legion Support = Big zombie boom & heal.

And got some skellies running, too, to have something with a bit of spread. With a totem and "From Dust". Also needs "Fortress Covenant" to prevent the totem from recasting too early, despite "From Dust".

All pretty cheap, too. Just a shame I can't afford to make use of The Baron.

eklektyk

Erudite
well im going with 8 zombies and vaalmoltenshell plus animate guardian ad all that trying to go with some kind of hybrid tankish setup [ sporting crustean chest for added toughness for now and that somekind okish staff to house all 6 zombie links]

since im for now hanging around t10 and lower its quite efficient for now but it will require upgrades [im undecided if i want to go all in and go Baron str stacking since it is really expensive - in the end i may remain with my hyrid build or transfer for speed aura version and focus puerly on dps]

we will see [ and yes i have pre nerfen shapers touch an baron on standard just in case :) ]

only thing i really like right now is my astramentis and rest is up in the air esp head enchant - but with 2 large / 4 medium /4 small jewels and posibilities therin it looks like it will be really nice setup whatever your preffered flavor is.

Gerrard

Arcane
So I got 2 of Einhar's "random 6 linked rare" beasts, got a Devout Chainmail out of it.
Now I turned in "Destined to Crumble" cards, got this 6 socketed Dragonscale and thought "I'm gonna use one fusing on it for the lulz". Didn't even quality it.

Guess what happened

FK0DVli.jpg

:what::shredder:

Absinthe

Arcane
I played some pvp duels with a friend in Poe. It's pretty shitty, lots of instant gibbing going around(might be we don't know about pvp survivability tho)

Nah, it's about right.

You can find a few official PVP tournaments GGG threw together before canning the whole thing.
Keep in mind those are low-level only, so there are no power spikes, so you actually get fights that last longer than a split-second.

High-level PVP? A total shitshow. If you can penetrate an opponent's defences, you will kill them nearly instantly, owing to the huge disparity between player dps and player life.
It's kind of a shame, because you can see it once was meant to matter. Act 2 makes you fight party if you disagree on bandits, act 3 has the arena...

I guess it didn't work out.
There were also a rare few Cutthroat leagues during beta (with people joking about how GGG should do hardcore cutthroat). During those leagues you can invade other people's instances, murder the players, and loot their corpses. I think the Anarchy league was GGG's idea of a more constrained version of that. Still, GGG was too willing to indulge power creep with absurdly lopsided health:damage ratios and all PvP playability went to shit as a consequence. Bandit camp was also headed more towards PoE having actual C&C but then they backpedaled on that.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Aight, took some time to come back again, this whole watchstone shenaningans still puzzle me sometimes.
Like I can set it to drop some maps, which worked even before "favourite map" system was introduced.
All I know is „set desired tier in 2 regions only" and keep the Awakening LVL5, which do work for Tier 7 and 11, but not for Tier 9 and Tier14.
Am I missing something? It feels like map drops get stuck, I realize it's RNGfest game but still...

Looked for any guides but most of them are about progressing through the Atlas at the start of new league and teach how to spawn guardians. The one related to my topic were partially right (they didn't work for T14 as they intended).

edit
Fuck proximity shields.
Did Rain of Arrow (you know, that skill where arrows fall from above) bleed build, had to move my character so the same arrows would deal damage.
Or Volatile Dead - create dead bodies under enemy with proximity shield, detonate to create balls of fire under shield and... still no damage. Same as before - move character under shield to deal damage.

This fucking game...

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
finally got machine that can run this. When does league end? cant find proper date
Around 3 months after it began, usually a bit less. They will not announce an actual date until they announce the release of the next league.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
finally got machine that can run this. When does league end? cant find proper date
Around 3 months after it began, usually a bit less. They will not announce an actual date until they announce the release of the next league.

I'll be interested to see what the next league is like. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a very asset lite league considering the 'rona situation.

Might not be a bad thing as it forces them to be more creative.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Chris stated that COVID is going to impact mostly the PoE 2 launch date, not the regular leagues. Speaking of PoE 2:
unknown.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Chris stated that COVID is going to impact mostly the PoE 2 launch date, not the regular leagues. Speaking of PoE 2:
unknown.png
One 6-link is already kind of a luxury I no longer plan builds around having. Can't wait for GGG to rebalance endgame around having multiple 6links reducing the viable "budget" build count further.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
A 6L stopped being any kind of "luxury" a couple of years ago.
Maybe I just play very suboptimally, but it feels like it takes 10+ hours of gathering and gambling materials to make a good 6L.

Obv if you are fine with the low defense, a tabula is pretty cheap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom