Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Confirmed Outflank not working on ranged attacks.

Desiderius

Patron
only size the moment for ranged

So if you crit from range you trigger it? Seems like corner case since you don't want Combat Reflexes anyway. Guess you could Vanguard/Tac Leader it. Can't see it being a big deal one way or another.

Unfortunately Eldritch Archer is most mailed-in class in the game. Copypasta from base Magus so your abilities are all melee and you cant even cast Hurricane Bow. Can’t even really Mystic Theurge it that well since there are no INT-based Divine Classes.

Using Wand Wielder to Spellstrike with Spit Venom for no save Blind is pretty sweet tho.

Last edited:

loupgris

Literate
At lvl 9 for the devorer you add +3 to hit on weapon so it become +4 2d6 +2d6 acid and with accuracy you boost AB by +6 (with 18 int + 4 item)

Desiderius

Patron
At lvl 9 for the devorer you add +3 to hit on weapon so it become +4 2d6 +2d6 acid and with accuracy you boost AB by +6 (with 18 int + 4 item)

Accuracy is just one round though. Enduring gives your +3 min/lvl. Definitely a nice combo. Makes Deadly Aim a live option too once you get the hat.

Desiderius

Patron
There are two that are each tricky to get in their own way. The +1 Keen is serviceable with Arcane Enhancement.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After playing an eldritch archer (full dex and 18 int), this is where the idea came to me.
I am open to any proposal that could improve the build especially for feats.
Am I off or does this build have terrible will?

I'd take int 16 instead and take that wisdom to 10 and str to 10. You will not really miss this until very late. Also, what is your final BaB?

Is there a good elven curved blade in the game? Why not scimitar instead?

Well, the build is decidedly weird.

Yes, there are good ECBs.
One is kinda a hidden secret, the other comes from an artisan.
A lot better then scimitars anyway. Not to mention you can't use Finesse / Finesse Training with a scimitar.

Desiderius

Patron
After playing an eldritch archer (full dex and 18 int), this is where the idea came to me.
I am open to any proposal that could improve the build especially for feats.
Am I off or does this build have terrible will?

I'd take int 16 instead and take that wisdom to 10 and str to 10. You will not really miss this until very late. Also, what is your final BaB?

Is there a good elven curved blade in the game? Why not scimitar instead?

A lot better then scimitars anyway. Not to mention you can't use Finesse / Finesse Training with a scimitar.

Thundercrack ain’t bad. Can you finesse it with Slashing Grace? Not that I’d recommend it in any case. Size STR bonuses are too good.

razvedchiki

Erudite

Dancing dervish from eldrich arcana mod allows you to finesse scimitars.

loupgris

Literate
Eldritch archer at 11
Only two attaques but :
so 2,+1 Manyshot, +1 Rapid Shot + 1 rapidity +1 magus = 6 attacks (4 at full AB) + Scorching Ray 12d6
Possible 5 crit + crit with scorching ray

Yosharian

Arcane
Why Thug? Why Slayer?

Thug for Dazzling Display and Shatter Defenses.
Slayer for feats, AB, sneak and opportunist.
Thug isn't a requirement for those feats, and the Thug's fear ability makes fights troublesome because mobs fear themselves into other mobs.

Sword Saint has decent enough AB, and you get spell progression and a ton of other stuff. Sneak Attack is.. ok I guess. What the fuck is opportunist?

Desiderius

Patron
Why Thug? Why Slayer?

Thug for Dazzling Display and Shatter Defenses.
Slayer for feats, AB, sneak and opportunist.
Thug isn't a requirement for those feats, and the Thug's fear ability makes fights troublesome because mobs fear themselves into other mobs.

Sword Saint has decent enough AB, and you get spell progression and a ton of other stuff. Sneak Attack is.. ok I guess. What the fuck is opportunist?

Advanced Rogue Talent. Seize the noncrit Moment once per round.

loupgris

Literate
Sword saint is not interesting with the elven curve blade.
It required dexterity to damage.
After rogue or thug...
I know sword saint, i have played saint vivicector, dex scion from ineffect and the version with bastard, its a very good classe.
But with the elven curve blade i have here 6d6 sneak damage all the time, AB if needed up to 51, opportunist, cleaving finish so....

Yosharian

Arcane
After rogue or thug...
I know sword saint, i have played saint vivicector, dex scion from ineffect and the version with bastard, its a very good classe.
But with the elven curve blade i have here 6d6 sneak damage all the time, AB if needed up to 51, opportunist, cleaving finish so....
Well obviously you need to invest in SS to reap the most rewards, it's not a class you dip 4 levels in.

In this case you'd be better off going full glass cannon and simply taking Slayer all the way. But I don't know why you want INT at all in this case.

Your build is all over the place and needs to be refocused.

And as others have said, if you're primarily interested in damage, Dex style loses its appeal, because Str builds have many unique benefits.

Desiderius

Patron
After rogue or thug...
Well obviously you need to invest in SS to reap the most rewards, it's not a class you dip 4 levels in.

In this case you'd be better off going full glass cannon and simply taking Slayer all the way. But I don't know why you want INT at all in this case.

Your build is all over the place and needs to be refocused.

He goes INT because he’s an Elf. I’ve posted it before but I like Divine Guardian 1/Thug 3/Vivi 6/Thug1/DG2/Vivix for ECB Elf.

DG for Martial Prof, CHA to saves (you’ll get at least 4 free CHA by the time you really need it), a Smite and Bodyguard to go with all your DEX, and Fatigue Mercy.

Vivi because DEX melee needs all the modes on mutagen since you can’t boost DEX with size, and INT is its caster stat. You also need the extra damage from full sneaks and Feral Mutagen since you’re not STR-based.

Thug to get all the great stuff from Unchained Rogue 4 + Brutal Beating. You’re not a Perception class. Unlock Advanced Rogue Talents first for Double Debilitation. Alternatively can trade Thug for Scoundrel for Image and some of those True Strikes you like.

Magi should stay in their lane and not use two-handers.

Last edited:

loupgris

Literate
For the elven curve blade
rogue 4 slayer 15 monk 1
BAB 19 +4 study target,+1weapon focus,+4 after sneak attack
for the build
BAB 18 +3 study target,+1 weapon focus, +4 after sneak attack, +8 accuracy

For the AC +4 and +4 from shield (24 min +4 min), miror image is good.

Desiderius

Patron
For the elven curve blade
rogue 4 slayer 15 monk 1
BAB 19 +4 study target,+1weapon focus,+4 after sneak attack
for the build
BAB 18 +3 study target,+1 weapon focus, +4 after sneak attack, +8 accuracy

For the AC +4 and +4 from shield (24 min +4 min), miror image is good.

Arcane accuracy is only one round. You’re bending yourself all out of shape for a glorified True Strike.

loupgris

Literate
may be i'm making a mistake but it seems to me that it's only about one attack not all ?
at lvl 20 i can use accuracy 18 x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom