Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Yosharian

Arcane
Lion's Claw is a +3 falcata with Extended crit range 18-20/x3. I guess this puts it about on par with Serpent Prince. Just its one-handed so I put it slightly higher (good for magi). Perhaps I shouldn't, though.

It requires Varnhold's Lot DLC. Can be bought from merchant later in the base game if you've found it in Varnhold.

As for best dual wield combo... hmm... that's pretty tough. Perhaps Blinding Light/Redeemer main hand, Steelwind offhand? I think the extra attacks from Steelwind are executed with main hand anyway, so it would be nice if they boosted an actually strong weapon?

If Fighter with Effortless Dual Wielding, then perhaps dual Longswords. Or Dueling Swords.
Dual bastards could be nice with Effortless if you also happened to have access to Lead Blades spell - maybe some Fighter/Ranger MC? I guess that's suboptimal and a Slayer is a lot better. Though could work if you want a Freebooter to boost party AB. 10 is a good cutoff level for Freebooter.
What about Longbows and Shortbows?

Planning on using Steelwind for my main. The TWF build is a Vivi, no room for Fighter levels.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't remember any noteworthy Shortbows. Note you can get Longbow proficiency for free with Archery Bracers.
Artisan Mirror Bow Longbow +5 is nice. The clone arrow damage is low and often largely blocked by DR, but eh, I guess you can probably make it work with Clustered Shots.

Other then that... well... damage wise probably the early Devourer of Metal is top class. All those +2 to +5 bows you find are worse damage-wise, so don't really feel like upgrades. It's accuracy sucks big time, though.

Also the Mythslayer Heavy X-Bow is pretty cool. Should also grow nicely with size increases, I think.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Are you doing to dual wiled as a str build with ranger/slayer or Dex build? If a dex build you must consider the possibility of using arcane protector in off hand.
+3 AC is nice, I guess. I suppose with the Crafting mod I could enchant it up to +5 and add Agile onto it.

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't remember any noteworthy Shortbows. Note you can get Longbow proficiency for free with Archery Bracers.
Artisan Mirror Bow Longbow +5 is nice. The clone arrow damage is low and often largely blocked by DR, but eh, I guess you can probably make it work with Clustered Shots.

Other then that... well... damage wise probably the early Devourer of Metal is top class. All those +2 to +5 bows you find are worse damage-wise, so don't really feel like upgrades. It's accuracy sucks big time, though.

Also the Mythslayer Heavy X-Bow is pretty cool. Should also grow nicely with size increases, I think.
Elemental Punisher seems pretty good? 4d6 elemental damage, Blind on hit..

Yosharian

Arcane
Are you doing to dual wiled as a str build with ranger/slayer or Dex build? If a dex build you must consider the possibility of using arcane protector in off hand.
+3 AC is nice, I guess. I suppose with the Crafting mod I could enchant it up to +5 and add Agile onto it.
You are going to use sneak attacks, so the best plan is to give it a speed enchant.
Well I only need one weapon with Speed on it, and I could just as easily just cast Haste.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
After playing an eldritch archer (full dex and 18 int), this is where the idea came to me.
I am open to any proposal that could improve the build especially for feats.
Am I off or does this build have terrible will?

I'd take int 16 instead and take that wisdom to 10 and str to 10. You will not really miss this until very late. Also, what is your final BaB?

Is there a good elven curved blade in the game? Why not scimitar instead?

Well, the build is decidedly weird.

Yes, there are good ECBs.
One is kinda a hidden secret, the other comes from an artisan.
A lot better then scimitars anyway. Not to mention you can't use Finesse / Finesse Training with a scimitar.

Thundercrack ain’t bad. Can you finesse it with Slashing Grace? Not that I’d recommend it in any case. Size STR bonuses are too good.

It's also super boring. It's only redeeming quality is that its a+5 Agile weapon. But even if, for some unfathomable reason, you still rely on Agile weapons by endgame, the Bloodhound would be a much better pick. Potentially available much earlier too. Does need Exotic Prof, though.

Please give up. Scimitars are a pretty bad weapon category overall.

Does Runic Mageblade not matter since it’s only one attack then? Agreed on the boring.

Desiderius

Patron
It's not Keen, its extended crit range. So Imp. Critical works and with it its 17-20/x3. 10 bonus damage stacks with its +5 enchantment and is multiplied on crits. So damage-wise its basically a+15 weapon, with 17-20/x3 crits.

It's like a normal greataxe +5 is 7-17 damage and Vanquisher is 17-27... with crazy crit potential to boot.
What are the Lion's Claw's stats and where is it found?

Also what do you think is the most effective TWF combo? I theorized that the force damage of Twin Crystals could be very effective, but I wonder now. (I'm talking Agile weapons only, here... although that said, I suppose I can just add Agile to existing weapons using the Crafting mod...)

As Hap has shown, DEX can’t really keep up with STR in the damage race so if it’s a pissing contest Agile doesn’t do anything. Even if it did, there is no way to Finesse a Two-Bladed Sword.

Twin Crystals with a STR Slayer using Combat Style Feats to get the offhand attacks should be very worthwhile. Even just Ranger with Lead Blades to get your Freebooter should tear things up.

Lion’s Claw is +3 Falcata (18-20 x3) so can get to magic 15-20 x3 with Improved Crit and totally max with Perfect Crit.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Yes, bonus for one attack only. Provided that you even actually Spellstrike. For a high damage build it's not uncommon to be more advantageous to grab a sword two-handed and increase Str (and sometimes PA) damage.
Particularly with Transformation.

Desiderius

Patron
Why waste a slot on haste that you can use for party buffs that last long. Haste should be situations, speed is permanent.

The necklace that gives it extend lets you keep it quasi-permanent by mid/late game. I like Speed for convenience but for fights that matter you’ll have Haste up.

Desiderius

Patron

The Reflection Arrow is often blocked by Spell Resistance oddly enough, but with Clustered Shots it eats the DR so the rest of your shots do full. Think that’s the point actually.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, bonus for one attack only. Provided that you even actually Spellstrike. For a high damage build it's not uncommon to be more advantageous to grab a sword two-handed and increase Str (and sometimes PA) damage.

I think you Spellstrike at +9 with Keen + Axiomatic and Perfect Crit/Strike to spike stuff then get Shatter/Debilitating for subsequent attacks if it lives. Boring weapons aren’t necessarily bad weapons depending what you’re doing with them.

Currently shredding the game with a +1 Throwing Axe.

Desiderius

Patron

There are some ridiculous daggers though. Protector is ok when you get it but does get outclassed later.

Yosharian

Arcane
Twin Crystals has Agile on it, though...

Now that I think about it, it's true that Twin-Bladed Sword can't be finessed. So why the fuck does it have that enchantment on it?

Desiderius

Patron
Bear Claw is solid for Wildshaping with a pet (obv). All that chip damage adds up, especially Sonic.

Desiderius

Patron

Now that I think about it, it's true that Twin-Bladed Sword can't be finessed. So why the fuck does it have that enchantment on it?

Obv for Sensei DEX build. Joking. I think.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

I think you Spellstrike at +9 with Keen + Axiomatic and Perfect Crit/Strike to spike stuff then get Shatter/Debilitating for subsequent attacks if it lives. Boring weapons aren’t necessarily bad weapons depending what you’re doing with them.

Ackshually, contrary to the description, Shatter already happens on the first blow (as long as the enemy is Shaken). So this 2 AB bonus 1/round for your best AB attack really won't change that much.

Desiderius

Patron

Desiderius

Patron

Definitely doing this for next, and last, playthrough. Can just use agile weapons like Kama in both hands most of the game without even needing Finesse then pick up Two-Bladed Proficiency for the Light Saber.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Definitely doing this for next, and last, playthrough. Can just use agile weapons like Kama in both hands most of the game without even needing Finesse then pick up Two-Bladed Proficiency for the Light Saber.
If you are going monk with non finess weapon better do Quarterstaff. You can still get extra attacks by using KI points (which you will have a lot with Sensei) and there is that cool +5 quarterstaff that does bonus 2d6 force damage

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sensei also gets his extra attack from flurry at lvl 11 vs 2 extra flurry attacks for other monk archetypes on lvl 1 & 11, so using an only flurry-compatible 2-hander (Quarterstaff) on STR char is quite a decent option.

Desiderius

Patron

If you are going monk with non finess weapon better do Quarterstaff. You can still get extra attacks by using KI points (which you will have a lot with Sensei) and there is that cool +5 quarterstaff that does bonus 2d6 force damage

Sensei has plenty of uses for Ki points already. Ruin is better for casters since it gives +4 free Spell Pen. I’ll get plenty of attacks with 3 extra on offhand and full BAB.

Desiderius

Patron
Sensei also gets his extra attack from flurry at lvl 11 vs 2 extra flurry attacks for other monk archetypes on lvl 1 & 11, so using an only flurry-compatible 2-hander (Quarterstaff) on STR char is quite a decent option.

Sure, sure. But, you know, Light Saber, Sensei.

Believe it or not in 1977 Star Wars didn’t suck yet.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wanted to aks, where you are you get the Ruin? I had it in some old save but have no idea where it come from. Is it Kimo's t2 item?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom