Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Ruchy, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    In the Bite pic? That weapon gives your Natural Attacks +1d6 Sonic and Electricity so that's the small numbers. Bite only gets 1/2 STR bonus but does get free Trip with Cloak. Cloak also adds 1d6 Cold.

Overall no Power Attack and One-handed weapon plus Inspire Courage wore off. Was building it defensively to see how tanky I could get her. Definitely room to kick up the damage, but was doing 35-45 per attack for five regular attacks anyway. Important thing is that Totem attacks add on to weapon attacks instead of replacing them.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    ^ Top  
  2. Haplo Liturgist Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It might be a nice, atmospheric weapon. But it is frankly nowhere near the top damage weapons.
    The top ECBs don't really make it to the cream of the crop either... but are much closer. Somewhere around the 6th spot or thereabouts.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Haplo Liturgist Patron

Haplo

It's also super boring. It's only redeeming quality is that its a+5 Agile weapon. But even if, for some unfathomable reason, you still rely on Agile weapons by endgame, the Bloodhound would be a much better pick. Potentially available much earlier too. Does need Exotic Prof, though.

Please give up. Scimitars are a pretty bad weapon category overall.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    How are you calculating which weapons are the most damaging, and where can the list be found?

^ Top  
  5. Haplo Liturgist Patron

Haplo
    No, I don't have mathematical data. Although I'm sure some people have done it. Maybe Autochton from Reddit or some others.
    Should be simple enough.

I'm going by my experience/feeling.

IMO top damaging weapons include
    Vanquisher Greataxe
    Blinding Light Estoc
    Redeemer Longsword
    Lion's Claw Falcata
    Ovinrbaane and Graveyard of the Giants Large Bastard Swords

Just outside the podium there's
    Serpent Prince Fauchard
    Mastery Fauchard - needs the right build to shine
    Bane of the Living Elven Curved Blade
    Clarity Elven Curved Blade - rather niche but great at fighting annoying ghosts
    The End Heavy Flail - good builds should have no issues overcoming DR in this game. Still can be nice sometimes.
    Steelwind Sai - you won't be making big hits with that. But having so many extra attacks (it can also be used with Flurry) on a permanent basis must be decent for characters with significant static damage boosts.

Honorable mention:
    Destroyer Greataxe - for those record hits

^ Top  
  6. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    Mobs dont use dispel so mirror is rather game changing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. Ghramunhir Barely Literate

Ghramunhir
    Hi guys,

what would be an good build for the main character? Would be a dual wield str ranger (long sword/axe) a good option?

^ Top  
  8. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    I'm not saying you have to pull out a spreadsheet. Looking at Vanquisher for example, why do you rate that weapon so highly? All I'm seeing is 10 bonus damage and Keen, doesn't seem earth-shattering.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Haplo Liturgist Patron

Haplo
    It's not Keen, its extended crit range. So Imp. Critical works and with it its 17-20/x3. 10 bonus damage stacks with its +5 enchantment and is multiplied on crits. So damage-wise its basically a+15 weapon, with 17-20/x3 crits.

It's like a normal greataxe +5 is 7-17 damage and Vanquisher is 17-27... with crazy crit potential to boot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    ^ Top  
  11. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    What the fuck Owlcat.

^ Top  
  12. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    What are the Lion's Claw's stats and where is it found?

Also what do you think is the most effective TWF combo? I theorized that the force damage of Twin Crystals could be very effective, but I wonder now. (I'm talking Agile weapons only, here... although that said, I suppose I can just add Agile to existing weapons using the Crafting mod...)

^ Top  
  13. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    ^ Top  
  14. Haplo Liturgist Patron

Haplo
    Lion's Claw is a +3 falcata with Extended crit range 18-20/x3. I guess this puts it about on par with Serpent Prince. Just its one-handed so I put it slightly higher (good for magi). Perhaps I shouldn't, though.

It requires Varnhold's Lot DLC. Can be bought from merchant later in the base game if you've found it in Varnhold.

As for best dual wield combo... hmm... that's pretty tough. Perhaps Blinding Light/Redeemer main hand, Steelwind offhand? I think the extra attacks from Steelwind are executed with main hand anyway, so it would be nice if they boosted an actually strong weapon?

If Fighter with Effortless Dual Wielding, then perhaps dual Longswords. Or Dueling Swords.
    Dual bastards could be nice with Effortless if you also happened to have access to Lead Blades spell - maybe some Fighter/Ranger MC? I guess that's suboptimal and a Slayer is a lot better. Though could work if you want a Freebooter to boost party AB. 10 is a good cutoff level for Freebooter.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    Something that many DnD players h ave been saying ever since numberfinder:bloatmaker came out.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    What about Longbows and Shortbows?

Planning on using Steelwind for my main. The TWF build is a Vivi, no room for Fighter levels.

^ Top  
  17. Haplo Liturgist Patron

Haplo
    I don't remember any noteworthy Shortbows. Note you can get Longbow proficiency for free with Archery Bracers.
    Artisan Mirror Bow Longbow +5 is nice. The clone arrow damage is low and often largely blocked by DR, but eh, I guess you can probably make it work with Clustered Shots.

Other then that... well... damage wise probably the early Devourer of Metal is top class. All those +2 to +5 bows you find are worse damage-wise, so don't really feel like upgrades. It's accuracy sucks big time, though.

Also the Mythslayer Heavy X-Bow is pretty cool. Should also grow nicely with size increases, I think.

^ Top  
  18. Kit Walker Totally Not Captain Shrek

Kit Walker
    Are you doing to dual wiled as a str build with ranger/slayer or Dex build? If a dex build you must consider the possibility of using arcane protector in off hand.

^ Top  
  19. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    +3 AC is nice, I guess. I suppose with the Crafting mod I could enchant it up to +5 and add Agile onto it.

^ Top  
  20. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    Elemental Punisher seems pretty good? 4d6 elemental damage, Blind on hit..

^ Top  
  21. Kit Walker Totally Not Captain Shrek

Kit Walker
    You are going to use sneak attacks, so the best plan is to give it a speed enchant.

^ Top  
  22. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    Well I only need one weapon with Speed on it, and I could just as easily just cast Haste.

^ Top  
  23. Kit Walker Totally Not Captain Shrek

Kit Walker
    Why waste a slot on haste that you can use for party buffs that last long. Haste should be situations, speed is permanent.

^ Top  
  24. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    That's fair I guess, but not all my team are equipped with Speed weapons.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)