Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think it does come from artisan. However there's also one diplomatic choice (Relations?) that may lead to its acquisition from Kingdom development.
That's where I got it from.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Twin Crystals has Agile on it, though...

Now that I think about it, it's true that Twin-Bladed Sword can't be finessed. So why the fuck does it have that enchantment on it?

Obv for Sensei DEX build. Joking. I think.

Definitely doing this for next, and last, playthrough. Can just use agile weapons like Kama in both hands most of the game without even needing Finesse then pick up Two-Bladed Proficiency for the Light Saber.
If you are going monk with non finess weapon better do Quarterstaff. You can still get extra attacks by using KI points (which you will have a lot with Sensei) and there is that cool +5 quarterstaff that does bonus 2d6 force damage

Sensei has plenty of uses for Ki points already. Ruin is better for casters since it gives +4 free Spell Pen. I’ll get plenty of attacks with 3 extra on offhand and full BAB.

Plus it’s not Agile, which is the whole point of the build. Sensei gets WIS to hit, so doesn’t need STR at all with Agile weapons.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Isn't Sensei's wis to attack works only for monk weapons? Technically, it should not work Two-Bladed Sword.

I could be wrong though.

Desiderius

Patron
Isn't Sensei's wis to attack works only for monk weapons? Technically, it should not work Two-Bladed Sword.

I could be wrong though.

I’ll have to check. Was worried that might be the case. Yeah, d20 says only Monk weapons.

Guess my only alternative is Sword Saint with 4 extra Arcane Pools.

Last edited:

loupgris

Literate
I’ll have to check. Was worried that might be the case. Yeah, d20 says only Monk weapons.

Guess my only alternative is Sword Saint with 4 extra Arcane Pools.

I tested the build with 4 lvl of sword saint with arcane accuracy at lvl 11, very positive feedback.

loupgris

Literate
may be i'm making a mistake but it seems to me that it's only about one attack not all ?
at lvl 20 i can use accuracy 18 x

With Shatter you won’t need it after the first. 18 rounds still isn’t very much, certainly not worth all you’re giving up.

you're right, now on 10 AP (lvl 10), i use about 3 tenth on accuracy and rest on perfect crit.

loupgris

Literate
I think that when i will have an attack at -10 and -15 there against that the accuracy will be more profitable.

Desiderius

Patron
I think that when i will have an attack at -10 and -15 there against that the accuracy will be more profitable.

Not if you factor in opportunity cost and are aware of other sources of AB. You could use it to max AB to Parry (Other)/CM bosses

loupgris

Literate
Let's say i finish lvl 20 with 18 AP.
For you, the most profitable would be that i use it for the perfect crit to bring ECB x3 than accuracy +8 to hit?

Desiderius

Patron
For you, the most profitable would be that i use it for the perfect crit to bring ECB x3 than accuracy +8 to hit?

No, it’s most profitable to enchant your weapon with enduring and take seven levels to get INT to Initiative and third level spells, and certainly not to burn valuable feats on extra pool.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, I have a hard time passing on level 13 Int to damage....
But then level 15 and Bane Blade is so close...

loupgris

Literate

No, it’s most profitable to enchant your weapon with enduring and take seven levels to get INT to Initiative and third level spells, and certainly not to burn valuable feats on extra pool.

1 finesse, dodge
2 Weapon Focus: Elven Curve Blade
3 Accomplished Sneak Attacker, Dazzling Display
4 Finesse Training: Elven Curve Blade
5 Crane Style, arcane pool +2
6 Outflank
7 Crane Wing
8 Arcane Accuracy
9 Shatter Defenses
11 Improved Critical, Blind Fight
13 Crane Riposte, Combat Reflexes
15 arcane pool +2, power attack
17 arcane pool +2, Cleaving Finish
19 arcane pool +2, opportunist
20 choice

What could i take more ?
Slayer give a lot of feats (power attacks with accuracy eventually, cleaving finish, opportunist) it's why i take AP.
I still have a feat to take at level 20, dreadful carnage ?

Desiderius

Patron

1 finesse, dodge
2 Weapon Focus: Elven Curve Blade
3 Accomplished Sneak Attacker, Dazzling Display
4 Finesse Training: Elven Curve Blade
5 Crane Style, arcane pool +2
6 Outflank
7 Crane Wing
8 Arcane Accuracy
9 Shatter Defenses
11 Improved Critical, Blind Fight
13 Crane Riposte, Combat Reflexes
15 arcane pool +2, power attack
17 arcane pool +2, Cleaving Finish
19 arcane pool +2, opportunist
20 choice

What could i take more ?
Slayer give a lot of feats (power attacks with accuracy eventually, cleaving finish, opportunist) it's why i take AP.
I still have a feat to take at level 20, dreadful carnage ?

What level is which class? I like Shake it Off on all toons, it has 30 ft radius. For Slayer I take Improved Initiative, Canny Observer, Trapfinding, Crippling Strike, Hare Familiar.

Crane Wing isn’t supposed to work with Two-handed.

loupgris

Literate
Race: Elf
Alignment: Lawful-Good

For use of Elven Curve Blade

Stats:
Str: 7
Dex: 19 > 24
Con: 12
Int: 18
Wis: 7
Cha: 14

1 thug 1, +1d6 sneak
2 sword saint 1, +1 AC, arcane pool and weapon +1
3 thug 2, evasion
4 thug 3, +1d6 sneak
5 Scaled Fist,
6 thug 4, uncanny dodge
7 sword saint 2, +1 AC
8 sword saint 3, +1 AC, Arcane Accuracy
9 sword saint 4, +1 AC,
10 slayer, study target +1
11 slayer
12 slayer, +1d6 sneak
13 slayer
14 slayer, study target +2
15 slayer, +1d6 sneak
16 slayer
17 slayer
18 slayer, +1d6 sneak
19 slayer, study target +3,
20 fighter or Stalwart Defender

Improve initiative for a full dex? if i was STR sorcerer DD and champion and had to cast spell ok...
Trapfinding i let a cleric/rodeur/rogue for that (even if i ride the skill).
Crippling Strike yes it's interesting.

Desiderius

Patron

Stats:

1 thug 1, +1d6 sneak
3 thug 2, evasion
4 thug 3, +1d6 sneak
5 Scaled Fist,
6 thug 4, uncanny dodge
7 sword saint 2, +1 AC
9 sword saint 4, +1 AC,
11 slayer
12 slayer, +1d6 sneak
13 slayer
15 slayer, +1d6 sneak
16 slayer
17 slayer
18 slayer, +1d6 sneak

Improve initiative for a full dex? if i was STR sorcerer DD and champion and had to cast spell ok...

Yes, dead things can’t hurt you. Going first makes more things dead faster. You get multiple rolls at perception checks - Trapfinding is +10 by endgame, absolutely worth it. I've got Hare Familiar too. Speed kills. I'd lose the Saint and go Vivi. If you want Image go Scoundrel over Thug.

Vivi is at its best for DEX melee because you use, and need, every part of the mutagen. You can’t get DEX from Enlarge effects.

Last edited:

loupgris

Literate
To be honest, i'm not very excited about a DEX character with ECB.
In the presente case Cleaving Finish and opportunist arrive too late.
In a previous essay, i had gone up sword saint to 6 for enduring blade.
I think like Ineffect return and yours that Divine Hunter1>Thug3>SF1>V10>Ro4(opportunist)>V12>Pal2>F1 will be more wise.

I replaced this lvl 13 character with a sword saint in my current run.

Desiderius

Patron
To be honest, i'm not very excited about a DEX character with ECB.
In the presente case Cleaving Finish and opportunist arrive too late.
In a previous essay, i had gone up sword saint to 6 for enduring blade.
I think like Ineffect return and yours that Divine Hunter1>Thug3>SF1>V10>Ro4(opportunist)>V12>Pal2>F1 will be more wise.

I replaced this lvl 13 character with a sword saint in my current run.

Yeah, losing Enlarge boosts is just too hard to make up. There's a narrow window where it's good using Bodyguard + Combat Reflexes to take advantage of high DEX. Cleaving takes a lot of feats - and most are good, so that's your answer of what to take over Extra Arcane Pool.

Trashos

Arcane
OK, I want to slowly start studying builds. I have found 3 guides of note: Ineffect's (gog), Roahin's (gog), and Nerd Commando's (youtube). Are there any other guides of note I am missing?

Out of the guides above, Roahin's is the most helpful one for me. That's because he explains why he chooses what he chooses over something else. This makes it easy to come up with personal ideas over his builds. It would be great if I found more guides like Roahin's one, especially since he hasn't done many builds.

(The other 2 guys often multiclass without explaining what the advantage of the particular multiclassing is and why we are taking X levels of a class instead of another number. But such info is crucial. No disrespect meant for their helpful work.)

loupgris

Literate
OK, I want to slowly start studying builds. I have found 3 guides of note: Ineffect's (gog), Roahin's (gog), and Nerd Commando's (youtube). Are there any other guides of note I am missing?

Out of the guides above, Roahin's is the most helpful one for me. That's because he explains why he chooses what he chooses over something else. This makes it easy to come up with personal ideas over his builds. It would be great if I found more guides like Roahin's one, especially since he hasn't done many builds.

(The other 2 guys often multiclass without explaining what the advantage of the particular multiclassing is and why we are taking X levels of a class instead of another number. But such info is crucial. No disrespect meant for their helpful work.)

Personally i find Ineffect's build more relevant.
It's also true that he explains a lot less.

razvedchiki

Erudite

Stats:

1 thug 1, +1d6 sneak
3 thug 2, evasion
4 thug 3, +1d6 sneak
5 Scaled Fist,
6 thug 4, uncanny dodge
7 sword saint 2, +1 AC
9 sword saint 4, +1 AC,
11 slayer
12 slayer, +1d6 sneak
13 slayer
15 slayer, +1d6 sneak
16 slayer
17 slayer
18 slayer, +1d6 sneak

im using a similar build but without the ss lvls,also 3 lvls of rogue instead of 4 thug.i also put wisdom to 18 and dumped str and cha (used a trait from edlricth arcana mod that makes wis to be the stat of persuasion).
guess you can tank better though because of mirror image/displacemnt etc.

loupgris

Literate
be careful though as the latter tends to not always take blind fight (not all groups necessarily have echolocation because of an alchemist).

loupgris

Literate
im using a similar build but without the ss lvls,also 3 lvls of rogue instead of 4 thug.i also put wisdom to 18 and dumped str and cha (used a trait from edlricth arcana mod that makes wis to be the stat of persuasion).
guess you can tank better though because of mirror image/displacemnt etc.

In itself the 4 level SS are not bad
-1 AB for +4 AC
weapon focus
shield 3x8 min with rod
mirror image x2
Arcane accuracy with 10 AP (2+8 item) for +8 to hit
Or perfect crit with 10 AP.

The real problem is that it delays the acquisition of opportunist, cleaving finish.

Desiderius

Patron

Personally i find Ineffect's build more relevant.
It's also true that he explains a lot less.

InEffect is playing Unfair +2 because he doesn't know how to buff or debuff so it warps his builds. Sometimes he's ingenious in overcoming that handicap but he's more or less soloing with every toon.

loupgris

Literate
Haplo
For your str SS build with bastard sword GVS, 1 level ecclesitheurge domain thorak allows you to cast Lead Blades i think 5 times a day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom