Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Really? That's... intriguing, thank you.
Good food for thought.

I've solved the issue by using Craft Items mod and wand crafting. And I'm mostly done with that playtrough. But it may be a good solution for people who don't want to use mods.

Of course, going that route means no Perfect Reflexes, which are kinda awesome to always go first in combat.

Trashos

Arcane
OK, as I am waiting for the Ancient Curse Part 3 to strike, I am also thinking about my builds for my next playthrough. It is going to be on Challenging difficulty again, but do not assume that it is going to be easy for me. Here is what I have got this far for my regulars:

Tank: Jaethal (will try to use Roahin's tank build)
Off tank (Tank/DPS): Reggie or PC
Melee DPS: Nok-Nok (I just love his character and want him in no matter what)
Healing/Nuking: Tristian (as per Roahin's builds)
Buffing/Bombing: Jubilost (want him in)
6th position: Not sure. Probably Ekundayo or a PC build if PC is not an off-tank.

How do you guys think I should finish this off? What is my party missing and what should the PC build be to compliment the rest? The 3 big questions are the 6th position, the off-tank position, and what my PC should be. Any ideas appreciated. I 'd rather avoid using Val and Amiri as regulars.

Yosharian

Arcane
OK, I want to slowly start studying builds. I have found 3 guides of note: Ineffect's (gog), Roahin's (gog), and Nerd Commando's (youtube). Are there any other guides of note I am missing?

Out of the guides above, Roahin's is the most helpful one for me. That's because he explains why he chooses what he chooses over something else. This makes it easy to come up with personal ideas over his builds. It would be great if I found more guides like Roahin's one, especially since he hasn't done many builds.

(The other 2 guys often multiclass without explaining what the advantage of the particular multiclassing is and why we are taking X levels of a class instead of another number. But such info is crucial. No disrespect meant for their helpful work.)
Well I think there's useful information in my guide, but I'd hate to toot my own horn

Trashos

Arcane
Yosharian ,

Right, I am not looking for uber builds currently, I am looking for well-explained decent builds that will get me thinking.

I read your guide some. It is not exactly what I am looking for NOW, because I currently want to build on the existing companion builds. But it is well-written with good explanations, and there is still some helpful info on it. Thumbs up! May be even more helpful for me later.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yosharian ,

Right, I am not looking for uber builds currently, I am looking for well-explained decent builds that will get me thinking.

I read your guide some. It is not exactly what I am looking for NOW, because I currently want to build on the existing companion builds. But it is well-written with good explanations, and there is still some helpful info on it. Thumbs up! May be even more helpful for me later.
Yeah I am actually going to be using the builds with companions by adapting them slightly, using mods to change the companion classes, stats, etc.

Trashos

Arcane
Yosharian, assume that you have a party with a tank, Nok-Nok, Jubilost and Tristian. What kinds of builds would you add to it for the last two spots? (PC's build included in the last two spots)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I'm not Yosharian, but IMO an arcane caster, preferably an Arcane Trickster, a Bard, a ranged character, possibly a ranger or maybe a Kineticist or Kinetic Knight (if you have that DLC). Pick 2.
Although a Bard can also make a decent ranged character.

Trashos

Arcane
I'm not Yosharian, but IMO an arcane caster, preferably an Arcane Trickster, a Bard, a ranged character, possibly a ranger or maybe a Kineticist or Kinetic Knight (if you have that DLC). Pick 2.
Although a Bard can also make a decent ranged character.

Cheers! I think I would like to have a bit more tanking than that, though. Is there a type of build for my PC that can be one of those archetypes + part time tanking?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Kinetic Knight, battle bard.

Edit: Note Kinetic Knight really shines with Turn Based mod. Otherwise it's not so great (still can offer very nice party support).

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
SF dip - why not. But I'm not a fan of weakening bard abilities by heavy multiclassing with the likes of AT, EK, DD. Even less EA (unless just 2 levels for +1 Spellstrike arrow).

Trashos

Arcane
Whatever Haplo said is probably correct

Also you really only need two decent tanks for a party

I want to have a third guy who can tank sometimes. For ambushes, for whenever additional enemies come from behind, for whenever an enemy goes for my weaklings, for whenever the proper tank falls. I think that builds "with some tanking for special occasions" should be a thing for this game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
"Offtank" of sorts. Sure. Many characters can do that. Including an animal companion.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Whatever Haplo said is probably correct

Also you really only need two decent tanks for a party

I want to have a third guy who can tank sometimes. For ambushes, for whenever additional enemies come from behind, for whenever an enemy goes for my weaklings, for whenever the proper tank falls. I think that builds "with some tanking for special occasions" should be a thing for this game.

Make Val a Bard. She can cast with her Tower Shield. She won't be totally unhittable but she'll always have Image up to make up for it and it puts her in good position for Bard Songs and spells. Linzi can also do this with Cautious Fighter.

LinziTank.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom