Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
22 base
8 item
6 Legendary Proportions
2 Ring of Circumstances
2 Bokken's pot
2 Rage spell

And sure they do.

Yosharian

Arcane
Interesting, I assumed they would be wasted, more out of pessimism than anything else I suppose

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant
Kinda wrong thread, but this one is more technical-oriented than the main one ..

2 mechanics are pissing me off to no end atm, I need halp!

Context: Turn based mod, difficulty is a mix inbetween Hard-Unfair and Beneath the stolen land.

1st: Golem prismatic spray spam, critical fail on 1, what to do to mitigate this?

I don't care much about the damage/dog transform (altho for sure one day I'll manage to chain roll 1 and get the whole troupe doggystyled)

But the fucking insta death on failed reflex (I guess it's to simulate the char being sent to another plane) drives me crazy, I can't think of a single thing in-game to stop it as it's not a death effect.

2nd: The madness aura/Control Monster modifier and critical fail on 1

At the start of each round and sometimes on dmg, there an attempt to put a permanent curse (I think?) to mindcontrol one char.
Is there a buff to stop that ?!
Also all the fucking remove negative emotion/charm works on Ally, so you can't target a traitor, this is fucking retarded.
And Heal require a touch attack to dispell the permanent confusion ....

I'm very close to disabling roll 1 with bag of tricks, when there's 6-7 golems per room late dungeon it's 1 char randomly dying each turn for no good reason nor counterplay I can think of.... But I'd like to find another solution (making everyone an undead is on my mind...)

Yosharian

Arcane
Kinda wrong thread, but this one is more technical-oriented than the main one ..

Context: Turn based mod, difficulty is a mix inbetween Hard-Unfair and Beneath the stolen land.

1st: Golem prismatic spray spam, critical fail on 1, what to do to mitigate this?

I don't care much about the damage/dog transform (altho for sure one day I'll manage to chain roll 1 and get the whole troupe doggystyled)

But the fucking insta death on failed reflex (I guess it's to simulate the char being sent to another plane) drives me crazy, I can't think of a single thing in-game to stop it as it's not a death effect.

At the start of each round and sometimes on dmg, there an attempt to put a permanent curse (I think?) to mindcontrol one char.
Also all the fucking remove negative emotion/charm works on Ally, so you can't target a traitor, this is fucking retarded.

I'm very close to disabling roll 1 with bag of tricks, when there's 6-7 golems per room late dungeon it's 1 char randomly dying each turn for no good reason nor counterplay I can think of.... But I'd like to find another solution (making everyone an undead is on my mind...)
According to Reddit, it's only the 'golden' golems that cast Prismatic Spray. You said 6-7 golems per room, are they all golden? If they aren't, try using disables like Chains of Light on the golden ones.

Freedom of Movement works against the Paralyze effect but you probably knew that.

What alignment are the golems?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a sad class. Trades ray touch attacks for less accurate bow attacks - and if misses, the spell is lost - as opposed to touch attacks from melee magi.

He says then posts a pic three comments later with AB +72.

Non-issue.

The downside is class is mailed-in copypasta of base Scion. You don't even get Hurricane Bow.

The upside is Weapon Enchanting + Extra Attack/Arcane casting over other archers (ES is similar) Or a zillion extra attacks over pure caster. Missing the high level spells of course blows, but the game has great bows and you're playing in a big field of attack/damage boosts so more attacks = good.

Desiderius

Patron

You can try reroll skills/tactical misdirection with summons and the like. Unbreakable Heart (lvl 1 spell) works on Confusion like Delay Poison should work. Pretty sure I've cast that.

Alternatively play a Hospitaler.

John Keel

Savant

According to Reddit, it's only the 'golden' golems that cast Prismatic Spray. You said 6-7 golems per room, are they all golden? If they aren't, try using disables like Chains of Light on the golden ones.

Freedom of Movement works against the Paralyze effect but you probably knew that.

What alignment are the golems?

2 kind of golem cast it iirc, and it's mostly them late-endless.

They are immune to chain/paralyze/stun with a ton of other immunities ...

Why @ Freedom of movement ? The prism ray insta 'kill'.

They are Neutral, why ?

John Keel

Savant

You can try reroll skills/tactical misdirection with summons and the like. Unbreakable Heart (lvl 1 spell) works on Confusion like Delay Poison should work. Pretty sure I've cast that.

Alternatively play a Hospitaler.

What does it mean reroll skills/tactical misdirection ?

Unbreakable heat is 1 round per lvl, it's way too short to be effective, nor do I think it works on the perma curse either as it's an untyped debuff

Desiderius

Patron
What does it mean reroll skills/tactical misdirection ?

Unbreakable heat is 1 round per lvl, it's way too short to be effective, nor do I think it works on the perma curse either as it's an untyped debuff

Blessing of Luck and Courage gives you a reroll vs Fear, Brilliant Inspiration against everything. Probably something in Luck domain, etc... Touch of Law forces an 11 roll, etc...

Heart gets you taken care of until combat is over and you can use Remove Curse or something.

Shadenuat

Arcane
BI should be attack/check, not save. Don't think there's anything that allows save re-rolls.

Grease em.
They are immune to grease, they're under perma undispellable Freedom of movement
Did you try it?

Huh, when did they got permanent freedomz? Did Owlcat read my old steam posts? I should stop sharing advice with people, because I remember Greasing golems since Conjuration ignores MR.

Well, if you want to kill many of them quickly with magiks, things which ignore magic immunity work nice: I used Caustic Eruption with Sneak on AT through Quicken rod I think. Also used sneak attacking Greater Shout. Against Autumns used Horrid Wilting since they're Plant type.

Also Kineticists probably, or something.

Btw if you're at 8 gold golems phase, I recommend stop playing, it's not getting better from there, just more of the same. Finish dungeon in standard game mode without korean random garbage with artifacts.

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant
Yes I tried it.

Late golems in Endless arent the cuty ones from maincampaign, they're fucking lvl 40 with immune to pretty much everything with DR/Epic

The problem is not killing them, I do that fine, the problem is the fucking instakill on critical fail that drives me crazy, the party eats 7 fucking spray per round; I'm looking for a way around that

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yes it's the build equalizer. So people wouldn't brag about beating dungon ez meta guy way with some dumb solo imba build.

Pop: u r a dogge. :shittydog:

Desiderius

Patron
Yes I tried it.

Late golems in Endless arent the cuty ones from maincampaign, they're fucking lvl 40 with immune to pretty much everything with DR/Epic

The problem is not killing them, I do that fine, the problem is the fucking instakill on critical fail that drives me crazy, the party eats 7 fucking spray per round; I'm looking for a way around that

There's a dude on Steam asking about DC 90 Trickery checks because he's on like lvl 120 or something. Maybe ask him.

John Keel

Savant
Yes it's the build equalizer. So people wouldn't brag about beating dungon ez meta guy way with some dumb solo imba build.

I'm going to repeat in case it's not clear, I dont care about getting Spray'ed into a dog, I'm talking about the beam that Insta kill on a critical fail 1.

What does build equalizer or beating the dungeon have to do with it?! You can't do ( Or I didnt find a way yet) jack shit about it.

Holy moly 120, the dude got nerves of steel, I stopped at 70 +- I think after I realized the dungeon loop back encounter-wise after 50

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
IIRC to solve the prismatic spray with the golden golem I just used resist communal energy for every kind of dmg.

But that's the golem you find near Vordakai dungeon, not the mega dungeon, so I am not sure this could help.

Desiderius

Patron

Holy moly 120, the dude got nerves of steel, I stopped at 70 +- I think after I realized the dungeon loop back encounter-wise after 50

As we've been over extensively before, Hospitaler is immune to Death, so I suppose you could try that if nothing else is working.

John Keel

Savant
IIRC to solve the prismatic spray with the golden golem I just used resist communal energy for every kind of dmg.

But that's the golem you find near Vordakai dungeon, not the mega dungeon, so I am not sure this could help.
Prismatic spray is dmg + dog + instakill

8pemCA5.png

This kind of bullshit I'm tired of

John Keel

Savant

As we've been over extensively before, Hospitaler is immune to Death, so I suppose you could try that if nothing else is working.

Quoting from my 1st post

"I can't think of a single thing in-game to stop it as it's not a death effect"

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Did the Golden golem near Vordakai had this death effect on roll1 as well?
Anyway can't you manage the fight and ress the guys who died after it finished?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom