Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

John Keel

Savant
It's not a matter of breath of life (and breath is for peasant anyways)

It's about game mechanics and how to deal with em

Yosharian

Arcane
Right, try resurrection. Also, try using Summons to distract them.

Otherwise I'm not sure what to recommend, seems like there's no counter to this strategy.

John Keel

Savant
Summons are pointless, the range of Prismatic spray is insane, and they have it as a Swift action + unlimited use .....

If anyone is curious, that's their ability

And before you talk about Spell resistance, they have penetration wayyyy above anything that can be achieved as a player

OcCTQzX.png

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Cone.

Get behind. Dimension Door.

And/or Brilliant Inspiration on a tank.

BTW, what does hopw... mean?

John Keel

Savant
Aight, get behind with DD, then what, insta gib 6-7 golems at once ?

And it's turn based so, you jump in flatfooted with a surprise round for them, solid plan :D

Once again, the problem isnt dealing/killing these stupid golem, it's somewhat easy, I'm just tired of this stupid bullshit random death and looked for a way I didnt see to prevent it through buff/feats/racial w-e

John Keel

Savant
Just to stay on topic:

Slayer 19 (19 aint needed) TWF shuriken / Monk 1 is really insane, maybe one of the best ranged physical class (without abusing the exploit of course, even if sometimes it's hard to)?

Btw, not sure if it's a known tip but Outflank 'works' on ranged, kinda, as it proc on crit for the melee engaged with the target.

It's crazy good on this build as it get 10 attacks per round ! Short range tho

Desiderius

Patron
Aight, get behind with DD, then what, insta gib 6-7 golems at once ?

And it's turn based so, you jump in flatfooted with a surprise round for them, solid plan :D

Once again, the problem isnt dealing/killing these stupid golem, it's somewhat easy, I'm just tired of this stupid bullshit random death and looked for a way I didnt see to prevent it through buff/feats/racial w-e

Brilliant Inspiration on tank with everyone else the other direction. Should work if you’re doing decent damage. This is my last stab at this theory-crafting exercise since I have no interest in stand-alone Depths.

As for Flatfooted, that’s what Uncanny Dodge/Initiative is for.

Sry I missed the no Death Magic stipulation.

Desiderius

Patron
Just to stay on topic:

Slayer 19 (19 aint needed) TWF shuriken / Monk 1 is really insane, maybe one of the best ranged physical class (without abusing the exploit of course, even if sometimes it's hard to)?

Btw, not sure if it's a known tip but Outflank 'works' on ranged, kinda, as it proc on crit for the melee engaged with the target.

Yep, did most of a playthrough with it. You can just use Javs, no Monk needed.

John Keel

Savant
Just to stay on topic:

Monk gives additional attack at max BAB

Yosharian

Arcane
Summons are pointless, the range of Prismatic spray is insane, and they have it as a Swift action + unlimited use .....

If anyone is curious, that's their ability

And before you talk about Spell resistance, they have penetration wayyyy above anything that can be achieved as a player

OcCTQzX.png
Wow that is... fucking bullshit.

Yosharian

Arcane
Just to stay on topic:

What kind of magical shurikens are there tho? And isn't that weapon a 'consumed' type? Or does the game treat them as infinite?

John Keel

Savant
They're infinite, same as Throwing axes.

They're mostly garbage, but it does not matter, you fire 10 attack per round with sneak-attack and elemental modifiers ontop of a huge AB, it's a crit fishing build that trigger AoO for your melee with outflank.

Somewhat bad case scenario you do 300 dmg per round, best case .... 1k-1k2 ? Maybe more I dont know, that's not counting all the AoO procs nor the exploits obviously

Yosharian

Arcane
They're infinite, same as Throwing axes.

They're mostly garbage, but it does not matter, you fire 10 attack per round with sneak-attack and elemental modifiers ontop of a huge AB, it's a crit fishing build that trigger AoO for your melee with outflank.

Somewhat bad case scenario you do 300 dmg per round, best case .... 1k-1k2 ? Maybe more I dont know, that's not counting all the AoO procs nor the exploits obviously
I mean it's interesting, but I'm not sure it really out-damages the Longbow just from that one additional attack

I suppose if there's a really good magical Shuriken which compares to, for example, the Mirror Bow (which comes with an extra attack anyway), it might be competitive, but I'm not sure

John Keel

Savant
Extra attacks with Clustered shot + Hammer the Gap makes a huge difference, on top of sneak obv.

Long bow max attack is what, 8 ?

I'm not sure of the maths @ extra arrow of Mirror bow, I guess it depends a lot on how/what it factors.

Long bow is probably better for spike dmg, this one is reliable dmg with crazy high AB

Yosharian

Arcane
Extra attacks with Clustered shot + Hammer the Gap makes a huge difference, on top of sneak obv.

I'm not sure of the maths @ extra arrow of Mirror bow, I guess it depends a lot on how/what it factors.

Long bow is probably better for spike dmg, this one is reliable dmg with crazy high AB
The only difference between Slayer and Slayer/Monk, offensively, is that Monk gets one extra attack at full BAB when using a Monk weapon, via Flurry of Blows.

Mirror Bow provides one extra free arrow at full BAB, 1d4+Str damage. So it's the same as your Shuriken strat. Admittedly it's a lategame Masterpiece item, but nevertheless, it exists.

I'm not sure how you got to 10 attacks per round, my maths works out as follows:

+4 Base
+1 Haste
+1 Flurry/Mirror Bow
+1 Rapid shot
+1 Manyshot

That's 8, I don't see how to get any further attacks.

Edit: oh I see, Two-Weapon Fighting. Well, doesn't that mean that your Monk gets 11APR?
Edit2: Ah, Manyshot can't be used with Shuriken. Well, I suppose if you have enough free feats, your TWF build could be competitive vs the Longbow build. That's a hell of a lot of feats, though. On my Slayer I barely have enough feats to get everything I want.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

The only difference between Slayer and Slayer/Monk, offensively, is that Monk gets one extra attack at full BAB when using a Monk weapon, via Flurry of Blows.

Mirror Bow provides one extra free arrow at full BAB, 1d4+Str damage. So it's the same as your Shuriken strat. Admittedly it's a lategame Masterpiece item, but nevertheless, it exists.

I'm not sure how you got to 10 attacks per round, my maths works out as follows:

+4 Base
+1 Haste
+1 Flurry/Mirror Bow
+1 Rapid shot
+1 Manyshot

Edit: oh I see, Two-Weapon Fighting. Well, doesn't that mean that your Monk gets 11APR?
Edit2: Ah, Manyshot can't be used with Shuriken. Well, I suppose if you have enough free feats, your TWF build could be competitive vs the Longbow build. That's a hell of a lot of feats, though. On my Slayer I barely have enough feats to get everything I want.

It's fine. I respecced her full ES when she got the +4 DEX (Sacred) Bow and she's been hitting like a ton of bricks with Hurricane/Vitals spam and Deadly Aim.

John Keel

Savant

+4 Base
+1 Haste
+1 Flurry/Mirror Bow
+1 Rapid shot
+1 Manyshot

It's as many feats as for bow minus one (manyshot) I think ?

Desiderius

Patron

It's more but doable. You use Combat Style to get Shatter without prereqs. Manyshot is the only Bow only feat. Improved Precise and Point Blank Master aren't necessary.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Haplo could you break down your attack bonuses to get that +47? I built a similar character and its attack bonus is way less than yours so I'm just wondering what's causing the difference

So here's a screenie about how high I can go:

The 2x +2 "sword" bonuses are from Furious with Rage spell active and from Bane.
More is possible with a higher level Freebooter. So AB could be ~75 max, I guess.

Nah, you're missing Sacred + Displacement/Invis Circumstance at minimum. Can probably get in the 90s if you really work at it.

A Parry build to eat Nat 20s should be viable.

John Keel

Savant

It's more but doable. You use Combat Style to get Shatter without prereqs. Manyshot is the only Bow only feat. Improved Precise and Point Blank Master aren't necessary.

You take shatter if you want to exploit the serious bug with Studied target, I'm not interested in that.

On top of that, Display is kinda meh in Turn based mode :/

Yosharian

Arcane

You take shatter if you want to exploit the serious bug with Studied target, I'm not interested in that.

What bug are you talking about?

Also: which style allows you to take Shatter Defenses without the pre-reqs??

Yosharian

Arcane
Nah, you're missing Sacred + Displacement/Invis Circumstance at minimum. Can probably get in the 90s if you really work at it.

A Parry build to eat Nat 20s should be viable.
Displacement doesn't add any AC? Neither does Invisibility?

What are you using to get a Sacred bonus to AC?

John Keel

Savant
Whenever you sneak-attack with a Slayer, it applies Study target (stacking), it's broken as fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom