Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

John Keel

Savant
Nah, you're missing Sacred + Displacement/Invis Circumstance at minimum. Can probably get in the 90s if you really work at it.

A Parry build to eat Nat 20s should be viable.
Displacement doesn't add any AC? Neither does Invisibility?

What are you using to get a Sacred bonus to AC?
Inquisitor can share its judgement sacred AC +5 I think at max lvl

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, you're missing Sacred + Displacement/Invis Circumstance at minimum. Can probably get in the 90s if you really work at it.

Displacement doesn't add any AC? Neither does Invisibility?

What are you using to get a Sacred bonus to AC?

AB, not AC.

Yeah, shared Judgement is probably best Sacred bonus, but there are a lot of ways. Tristian can give +10 with max Touch of Good.

This has Hap beat on Sacred and Luck:

Bashful Lion's Claw Crit.jpg

Here's concealment bonus for Invis/Displacement:

Concealment.jpg

Note: this is one of the reasons Womb feels unusually difficult first time you play it if you don't have Blindfight/Echolocation up to prevent it.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Don't you think Improved Precise Shot is super useful for lategame content on a character without natural access to Echolocation?

Desiderius

Patron
So let me get this straight, Slayer Study Target is stacking with itself currently when you get multiple hits?

Slayer study pays off.jpg

It was a product of the change where they made multiple Freebooters stack I think.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Don't you think Improved Precise Shot is super useful for lategame content on a character without natural access to Echolocation?

Jubiholic, what can I say. True Seeing also works. Got to take Blindfight anyway, so benefit is marginal in any case.

Yosharian

Arcane
So let me get this straight, Slayer Study Target is stacking with itself currently when you get multiple hits?
It was a product of the change where they made multiple Freebooters stack I think.
Ok I'm seeing multiple stacks of Study Target, but I'm not seeing the evidence that this is providing multiple instances of +AB and +Damage to the Slayer

Desiderius

Patron

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Yeah, shared Judgement is probably best Sacred bonus, but there are a lot of ways. Tristian can give +10 with max Touch of Good.

Yeah, sure, Tristan can help more. Kinda forgot that, as I usually used his bonus for skillchecks instead. And +10 is only for 1 round.
At that level there aren't many skillchecks left to pass, though :)

Yosharian

Arcane
I was gonna say, Touch of Good is all fine and dandy but using a standard action to give a buff for one round? When Community domain exists in the game? No thanks, I'll stick with Calming Touch & Guarded Hearth...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's useful against Mirror Image. As well as magical concealment, I guess. It doesn't help against blink-like monster abilities.

John Keel

Savant
There are way too many ppl complaining about this bug for it to be mod related I think

edit: A dude from Owlcat said they are working on a fix, it's on their end

Desiderius

Patron
Well, why is it affecting your test and not Desiderius in his test?

I just looked at 3 or 4 random screenshots, but definitely should have procced if it was going to on that Owlbear one.

It did feel like it was stacking over the course of an entire playthrough, for what it’s worth.

Desiderius

Patron
It's useful against Mirror Image. As well as magical concealment, I guess. It doesn't help against blink-like monster abilities.

Never actually tested it. Been using Echolocation due to that chart (erroneously) saying it gave gaze immunity.

John Keel

Savant
Is there a mod or a setting that stops the fucking rods auto activating on rest ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom