Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I was gonna say, Touch of Good is all fine and dandy but using a standard action to give a buff for one round? When Community domain exists in the game? No thanks, I'll stick with Calming Touch & Guarded Hearth...

I've never used Touch of Good in combat. Nor Arcane Accuracy (same thing). This is an exercise how high can you get, not practical advice.

Tristian's Long Blessing works fine for an easy Sacred +2 when you need it.

Hearth is one use per rest, which ends up being ok since you usually don't need it more often than that. I'd go with Inspiring Command instead with single-class since it lets you get the duration up and also buffs AC. But with Ekun it just ended up being annoyingly short given full round activation time. Plus first community ability gets rid of fatigue.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Shad's giving me the clowns again.

Probably time to retire P:K for a couple years and come back to enjoy all the mods.

It was real and it was fun. Great game.

John Keel

Savant
Shad's giving me the clowns again.

Probably time to retire P:K for a couple years and come back to enjoy all the mods.

It was real and it was fun. Great game.

Endless with Arcana + Call of the wild + maxlevel unlocker with Turn based combat mod is 'great' atm, despite endless terrible design.

There's probably a few new quality mods that will be made, but I wouldnt count on it.

Desiderius

Patron
There's probably a few new quality mods that will be made, but I wouldnt count on it.

I’m quite confident there will be more than a few. Either that or some better d20 platform will come along to replace it.

Win-win.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

After ~6 months of my retirement and inflicting The Outer Worlds upon myself P:K feels really therapeutic.

Call of the Wild was ridden from the most annoying bugs from earlier versions and there are new traits from EA and list of whole list of new spells so my party composition promises to be quite fresh with some generous respec.

Every time I want to clean up my backlog a bit something like this happens and I am back to BGT/P:K.

John Keel

Savant

After ~6 months of my retirement and inflicting The Outer Worlds upon myself P:K feels really therapeutic.

Call of the Wild was ridden from the most annoying bugs from earlier versions and there are new traits from EA and list of whole list of new spells so my party composition promises to be quite fresh with some generous respec.

Every time I want to clean up my backlog a bit something like this happens and I am back to BGT/P:K.

Call of the wild is still full of bugs, half the shit ain't working as advertised, but the worst part is the author is using it as his personnal (and very subjective) balance patch, adding tons of shit having nothing to do with the Mod goal: more classes.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Call of the wild is still full of bugs, half the shit ain't working as advertised, but the worst part is the author is using it as his personnal (and very subjective) balance patch, adding tons of shit having nothing to do with the Mod subject: more classes.

I switch off most of his balancing work in settings.json so at least he gives me a chance to do this.

Bugginess is another issue altogether so sorting what works from what does could be quite tedious. Eldrich Arcana is much more stable comparing to Call of the wild, but I really like some of the new classes.

John Keel

Savant
Call of the wild is still full of bugs, half the shit ain't working as advertised, but the worst part is the author is using it as his personnal (and very subjective) balance patch, adding tons of shit having nothing to do with the Mod subject: more classes.

I switch off most of his balancing work in settings.json so at least he gives me a chance to do this.

Bugginess is another issue altogether so sorting what works from what does could be quite tedious. Eldrich Arcana is much more stable comparing to Call of the wild, but I really like some of the new classes.

Only a few of his 'fix' are exposed through settings.json

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There are way too many ppl complaining about this bug for it to be mod related I think

edit: A dude from Owlcat said they are working on a fix, it's on their end
I rather meant a mod author could have fixed it. I think they might have fixed some mods/issues/balance issues.

Yosharian

Arcane
I was gonna say, Touch of Good is all fine and dandy but using a standard action to give a buff for one round? When Community domain exists in the game? No thanks, I'll stick with Calming Touch & Guarded Hearth...

I've never used Touch of Good in combat. Nor Arcane Accuracy (same thing). This is an exercise how high can you get, not practical advice.

Hearth is one use per rest, which ends up being ok since you usually don't need it more often than that. I'd go with Inspiring Command instead with single-class since it lets you get the duration up and also buffs AC. But with Ekun it just ended up being annoyingly short given full round activation time. Plus first community ability gets rid of fatigue.
WTF is 'Long Blessing'.

Guarded Hearth is only one use per rest, but just use it as an autowin button versus bosses.

Desiderius

Patron

WTF is 'Long Blessing'.

Guarded Hearth is only one use per rest, but just use it as an autowin button versus bosses.

Meh. To hit and saves. Already good there. Inspiring Command is +2 everything, follows your party around, and is WIS +3 uses per rest. First (Nobility) Domain ability is mini-Heroism from lvl 1.

WTF do you think Long Blessing is. It's the long version of his short Blessing. You spend a Channel to make it rnd/lvl. Have you ever played Tristian?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
It's addicting:
dDSQx6C.jpg

although tends to be AP costly.

Decent results are possible without AP burn, though:
KRWc5A5.jpg

I'm testing the Ecclessi dip for internalized Lead Blades and boy, do I miss Perfect Reflexes. Always going first is just so great in Turn Based mode.

John Keel

Savant
I'd thought it would be fun, but Sword saint big dick energy is wayyy too micro-intensive for me (and overkill), the one in my current party is relegated to autoattack duty .... got tired quickly of this shit!

If I want bigass numbers Kine is without a doubt better, with no upkeep as an upside!

Desiderius

Patron
It's addicting:
dDSQx6C.jpg

although tends to be AP costly.

Decent results are possible without AP burn, though:
KRWc5A5.jpg

I'm testing the Ecclessi dip for internalized Lead Blades and boy, do I miss Perfect Reflexes. Always going first is just so great in Turn Based mode.

It’s great in every mode. Dead mobs beat no saves.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'd thought it would be fun, but Sword saint big dick energy is wayyy too micro-intensive for me (and overkill), the one in my current party is relegated to autoattack duty .... got tired quickly of this shit!

If I want bigass numbers Kine is without a doubt better, with no upkeep as an upside!
Why do you think I built mine as an auto attacker, haha. It's not just the micro either, the endless amounts of trash mobs the game throws at you really makes limited resource novas weak in the long run

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Why do you think I built mine as an auto attacker, haha. It's not just the micro either, the endless amounts of trash mobs the game throws at you really makes limited resource novas weak in the long run
Weak? Define weak.
No AP, (almost) no crits:
vGgTeB6.png

o8hGeSX.png

Okay, 2 crits in the 2nd one... and Perfect Critical seems to be toggled on, but it's far from nova burn.

Yosharian

Arcane
Well, weak is the wrong word I suppose, I just mean that you end up having to save your spells a lot because there are so many fights. I mean, unless you spam rest.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, the only short duration buffs are Transformation and Sense Vitals (the latter requires a mod to learn).
Transformation is very nice, but hardly game-changing, particularly when speaking about Vital Strike or Cleave use. Sense Vitals is also very nice, but its precision damage often gets cut by enemy resistances, so its not really a game-changer either. Rest is generally always on (minus the 1 strike or round AP abilities, obviously).

Desiderius

Patron
....and stay the fuck away.

Not fun for me.

I think he’s saying that modding your already busted class into getting Blades and Vitals is hardly better.

Has a point.

John Keel

Savant
I'm not judging !

Just saying that Kine deadlyearth / Scion are imo both busted AND boring class, but Kine at least require absolutly no management, while scion is micro-galore !

Which is totally fine and somewhat itneresting for campaign I guess, not the endless trashfest of beneath the stolen lands *imo*

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I see. Well, vanilla Vital Strike is rather poor and definitely useless as a full round action. So I consider making it a Standard action a bugfix (what the Turn based mod does).

But I must say its interaction with Finishing Cleave is... interesting. Probably also a bug... maaaybe a particularly fun... feature.

As for Blades... well... a Torag Ecclessi dip with Artifice gets them legit. Trouble is the base duration (without Caster Level boosting traits/feats) sucks. But you pay a hefty price, as Perfect Reflexes do rock!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom