Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I see. Well, vanilla Vital Strike is rather poor and definitely useless as a full round action. So I consider making it a Standard action a bugfix (what the Turn based mod does).

But I must say its interaction with Finishing Cleave is... interesting. Probably also a bug... maaaybe a particularly fun... feature.

As for Blades... well... a Torag Ecclessi dip with Artifice gets them legit. Trouble is the base duration (without Caster Level boosting traits/feats) sucks. But you pay a hefty price, as Perfect Reflexes do rock!

Sense Vitals, not Vital Strike.

Vital Strike should be standard action. Shouldn't be multiplying on crit though.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm not judging !

Just saying that Kine deadlyearth / Scion are imo both busted AND boring class, but Kine at least require absolutly no management, while scion is micro-galore !

Which is totally fine and somewhat itneresting for campaign I guess, not the endless trashfest of beneath the stolen lands *imo*

Scion's not busted, Sword Saint is. Has nothing to do with micro, you're better off two-handing anyway.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I see. Well, vanilla Vital Strike is rather poor and definitely useless as a full round action. So I consider making it a Standard action a bugfix (what the Turn based mod does).

But I must say its interaction with Finishing Cleave is... interesting. Probably also a bug... maaaybe a particularly fun... feature.

As for Blades... well... a Torag Ecclessi dip with Artifice gets them legit. Trouble is the base duration (without Caster Level boosting traits/feats) sucks. But you pay a hefty price, as Perfect Reflexes do rock!

Sense Vitals, not Vital Strike.

Well, in PnP Spell Blending Arcana is a thing, so... I could live without Sense Vitals.. although I like to see my numbers high :P

Vital Strike should be standard action. Shouldn't be multiplying on crit though.

Guess so. Or Perfect Strike maximizing critical damage / Vital Strike damage beyond the first roll. Or Cleaving with Vital Strikes.
Those "features" are kinda cool, though.

John Keel

Savant
I'm not judging !

Just saying that Kine deadlyearth / Scion are imo both busted AND boring class, but Kine at least require absolutly no management, while scion is micro-galore !

Which is totally fine and somewhat itneresting for campaign I guess, not the endless trashfest of beneath the stolen lands *imo*

Scion's not busted, Sword Saint is. Has nothing to do with micro, you're better off two-handing anyway.

It was kinda obvious Scion = Saint, scion is meh tier lol ...

And yes Scion require some micro to abuse it, wayyyyyyy more compared to deadly earth anyway.

I'm ashamed to say I've just spent more hours than what could be expected from a retarded monkey to get the hangs of PF:KM modding.... it is teh hard! :negative:

But I've managed to dig into Endless internals and there may be some redemption to be had, or at least some smol upgrade I could do to improve this BS in a possible futur !

For the moment, I'm gonna tweak some shit so buffing is a bit more manageable and maybe adding some loots

John Keel

Savant
What are the short-time buff that you usually end up not using anymore due to a PITA to cast them (often missing communal)?

I adjusted Shield of faith and Greater heroism to 10min/lvl, gimme suggestions !

Reasonable ones please, ain't a cheat mod, just QOL.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
What are the short-time buff that you usually end up not using anymore due to a PITA to cast them (often missing communal)?

I adjusted Shield of faith and Greater heroism to 10min/lvl, gimme suggestions !

Reasonable ones please, ain't a cheat mod, just QOL.

Shield of Faith has plenty of duration by the time it's worth casting (lvl 12). Tristian starts with Extend metamagic, so you can even get a doubletime one for Okbo. Likewise Greater Heroism is fine by the time you can cast it - just use extended Good Hope on party and GHeroism as needed.

John Keel

Savant
Dude, as stated in previous post, this is for Endless, who the fuck care of the main campaign

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant
I usually avoid playing Wizard/Druid so there's probably some buff/spells I'm missing as they are generally considered garbage tier ontop of having no appeal for me.

I'm just looking for spells ppl don't cast due to laziness in regard to the click.effort versus reward.

I mean, past a point I don't even cast barkskin anymore in Endless even tho it's a great buff, just not interested in clicking 12 times

Efe

Erudite
no need to be so lowkey yoshi,
like subscribe and tell your friends about his guides while ur there.

John Keel

Savant
Literally click on the link on in my sig and look at each character's spell list, it'll take 30 seconds
:retarded:

How would I know which spell OTHER players disregard late game due to low impact/lazyness by just looking at spellbooks.

It's all very subjective, hence my question.

John Keel

Savant
Would making Starknifes Monk's weapon gives them a bit more appeal ?!

They're mostly trash atm without the function to use them as ranged weapon on demand, maybe it would allow them some niche role with Flurry of blow?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I suppose?

They have some niche application in MODDED game, where one of the deities has a feat that lets the player use Charisma as their to-hit stat, but meh.

I don't think you can reasonably make them decent, but maybe you can at least carve a niche application for them.

John Keel

Savant
I suppose?

They have some niche application in MODDED game, where one of the deities has a feat that lets the player use Charisma as their to-hit stat, but meh.

I don't think you can reasonably make them decent, but maybe you can at least carve a niche application for them.

Well, by adding some unique Starknifes aimed for specifics build (replenish X ki point on crit or smth) ontop of monk weapon, with the feat you're talking about it could be neat.

I think it's definitely possible to create a way to use Starknifes as ranged weapon on the fly through some use of Swift-action abilty, I'm not there yet sadly

edit: subforum for kingmaker plz
Should I make a new topic for bugfixes/balancing/improvement changes ?!

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I suppose?

There’s a +4 Fey Bane one late. Again, main game not Endless mediocrity.

Yosharian

Arcane
which style allows you to take Shatter Defenses without the pre-reqs??

Menacing.
Ok so I tried taking Shatter Defenses without the pre-reqs using Menacing Combat Style, it doesn't work. When you reach 6th level Slayer and go to take the feat, it doesn't exist. It's not even in the unavailable list. Unless you take Dazzling Display (or perhaps some other feat in the style? But I don't need Power Attack or Intimidating Prowess either), Shatter Defenses is unavailable.

So this Combat Style is worthless for bypassing the Shatter Defenses pre-reqs. It's unfortunate because it would give this build a free feat.

Desiderius

Patron

Menacing.
Ok so I tried taking Shatter Defenses without the pre-reqs using Menacing Combat Style, it doesn't work. When you reach 6th level Slayer and go to take the feat, it doesn't exist. It's not even in the unavailable list. Unless you take Dazzling Display (or perhaps some other feat in the style? But I don't need Power Attack or Intimidating Prowess either), Shatter Defenses is unavailable.

So this Combat Style is worthless for bypassing the Shatter Defenses pre-reqs. It's unfortunate because it would give this build a free feat.

You have to take one of the three first tier feats to unlock the second tier, so you can skip Weapon Focus and Dazzling Display. At worst it’s two feats instead of three.

Yosharian

Arcane

Menacing.

You have to take one of the three first tier feats to unlock the second tier, so you can skip Weapon Focus and Dazzling Display. At worst it’s two feats instead of three.
That's trash considering that Weapon Focus isn't that bad of a feat. I'm also giving up Point-Blank Master and Improved Precise Shot for this, which are nice feats. In conclusion, fuck that.

Desiderius

Patron
You don’t need the Archery feats. You’re a Slayer. If you fuck up and shit gets in your face switch to melee and slice it up. Improved Precise to remove 20% miss chance against 5% of mobs? It’s like Blur/20. Trash.

You do need Shatter if you want Deadly Aim.

So you’re burning five feats where I’m burning two.

And Focus is bad. +1 to hit sometimes is bad.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Just to stay on topic:

Slayer 19 (19 aint needed) TWF shuriken / Monk 1 is really insane, maybe one of the best ranged physical class (without abusing the exploit of course, even if sometimes it's hard to)?

Btw, not sure if it's a known tip but Outflank 'works' on ranged, kinda, as it proc on crit for the melee engaged with the target.

It's crazy good on this build as it get 10 attacks per round ! Short range tho
Question: other than shuriken, what other weapons can this work with? I'm theorizing about a backup weapon for Jubilost when he's ran out of bombs, or is conserving them for a difficult fight. Since he can't take Monk (Chaotic), he can't get Flurry (unfortunate), but maybe there are some more optimal weapons than Shuriken?

Apparently Darts work, but what magical darts are there in the game?? None listed on the item database.

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant
The only reason I did it was for Flury + shuriken ... darts sucks ball, 20 feets + they aint even light weapon (though it's definitely smth that should be fixed through mods, doesnt make sense)

Yosharian

Arcane
The only reason I did it was for Flury + shuriken ... darts sucks ball, 20 feets + they aint even light weapon (though it's definitely smth that should be fixed through mods, doesnt make sense)
Ah fuck it, TWF doesn't even work with bombs in Kingmaker anyway apparently.

polo

Magister
Sup with the op duelist swords they keep giving me? I just killed vordakai and at this point of the game i got a shitton of (what seems op) duelist swords but the best falcata i have is decapitator, and im praying i can import the dlc one cause i might be fucked.

Desiderius

Patron
Sup with the op duelist swords they keep giving me? I just killed vordakai and at this point of the game i got a shitton of (what seems op) duelist swords but the best falcata i have is decapitator, and im praying i can import the dlc one cause i might be fucked.

They're solid but not OP. Have you got your artisans up?

Should be getting an Adamantine +3 Falc somewhere along there, but if you completed the DLC you can buy Claw after Vordokai.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom