Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

polo

Magister
Hey Haplo how tf did u manage to hit Stag lord for >100 damage. Im following your build and hit him for 48 (critical no shocking grasp). Your damage is insane.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Let's see:
Bastard Sword d10 with Enlarge and Lead Blades wand: 3d8 -> 24 with Perfect Strike
Str (with +2 belt and Enlarge): 6
Arcane Strike: 2
Enchantment: 1+1

Perfect Critical x3 -> 102

Also possible at level 5:
Inspire Courage: +2
Heroism: +2
Bull's: +1 Str mod more

So could be 117.
Obviously more two handed - but no Spell Combat.

U-8D8

Savant
I want to reroll a tiefling, does anybody have that torment: numanuma codex troll for my character portrait?

I can't find the codex version anymore.
This what you need?

art.jpg

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'm a humie rogue right now and liking it, but I know what I'm rolling next.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Quick questions:

What type of reach weapon of good quality are found in early/mid game? Glaives ? Are there good fauchards early/mid game?

Does pack tactics (mad dog) adds to outflank for +6 attack bonus. I read on the net that it does but from the wording it probably shouldn't. Anyone can confirm?

Trashos

Arcane
What type of reach weapon of good quality are found in early/mid game? Glaives ? Are there good fauchards early/mid game?

You find +1 & +2 of everything (or nearly everything) in the first chapters. Not necessarily as early as you would like, but it is still the early chapters. If you are asking about unique weapons, disregard.

I am still studying the later chapters to see how the weapon progression continues.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Quick questions:

Does pack tactics (mad dog) adds to outflank for +6 attack bonus. I read on the net that it does but from the wording it probably shouldn't. Anyone can confirm?

A nice +2 flaming glaive can be found in Act 2 (if you wander off the main path). Next significant upgrade in Act 5 I guess. Or maybe earlier with the weapons/merchants added afterwards.
Regarding fauchards, its mostly in Sahiya's hands. If lucky, you can get a VERY good one late Act 2 or early 3 (+3 Acid Destructive 18-20/x3).

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Ok i checked pack tactics with outflank. It works. What doesn't work on the other hand is inquisitors Stern Gaze. Should give 1/2 level (min 1) to intimidate checks. Doesn't work in combat and it should. I havent checked it in conversation. Perception bonus also seems to be bugged.

Ravness

Educated
Do you guys ever play Half-Orcs? How do you handle Orc-Ferocity, seems like a hassle to deal with if your PC dies its game over.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do you guys ever play Half-Orcs? How do you handle Orc-Ferocity, seems like a hassle to deal with if your PC dies its game over.
I have alternative racial traits from Advanced Martial Arts mod, so I just remove it when respec Regongar. All my PCs though are humans, tieflings and asimaars - with +2 race STR available to human-hybrids half-orcs lost all their attractiveness in pathfinder comparing to 3.5.

Last edited:

Ravness

Educated
Pretty much a 2nd wind before you die and you have a full round to bring your PC back above 0. In this game when the PC dies, it's game over but the AI targets the downed character first and there's a standing up animation. Your gonna be using a couple characters rounds just to keep the PC alive, so playing on higher difficulty may not be the way.

In the PNP, it's a bit more tolerable to deal with but overall it can considered a negative trait

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can anyone confirm that oversized limbs isn't working? Was it part of the tiefling DLC? I've got a few mods installed - craft magic arms and armor among them - and have crafted 2H weapons and x1 longsword, & x1 oversized longsword, and still getting the -2 to hit.

So it's broken; yeah?.
:positive:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Isn't the first step when something happens with a modded game to remove all the mods and to check if the error persists? Because most likely you're trying to debug the mods and not the game itself.

kelkorkesis

Novice
Can anyone confirm that oversized limbs isn't working? Was it part of the tiefling DLC? I've got a few mods installed - craft magic arms and armor among them - and have crafted 2H weapons and x1 longsword, & x1 oversized longsword, and still getting the -2 to hit.
Problem is with crafting mode iirc. When you craft something oversized with that mode, it increased damage dice, gives to hit penalty but it is not really truely oversized because you can dual wield them while you are not supposed to do. Try equipping Ovinrbaane ( a large bastard sword you can get from Armag) and see if you get to hit penalty.

Beside this oversize problem I didn't encounter any other problem with this mod and I am pretty happy with it. Use it with moderation.
Yw9VptH.jpg

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aha! I've only played the first few chapters, so was wondering if it was the mod.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Oversized Limbs are not from DLC. Advanced Martial Arts mod perhaps?

Xeon

Augur
Can someone suggest a build?

I probably would like something melee since it will have good defenses for the solo parts but I am not sure how you'll deal with some of the monsters like the swarms in melee aside from throwing potions at them for 3-5 damage while they damage your stats so if there is a good hybrid that will be great. Also iirc there was 1 or 2 solo parts so having good defenses would be great I think. I kinda don't want a pet, I played the first time as a Druid and had a Leopard which was pretty amazing but would like to be with no pet this time.

I am mostly worried about the End area near end of the game, and the new endless dungeon. The End area was by far the hardest place for me last time I played. even the last location and last boss weren't that hard compared to it iirc. I don't know anything about the new dungeon tho. Not sure if I'll play continue playing on challenging or switch to hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom