Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Shadenuat

Arcane
If everything that doesn't work like in PnP is a bug then half the spellbook is bugged

So no I say it is not a bug. It is just bad design which might be tied to endgame content which is also badly designed

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Has anyone finished Valerie's quest? How much bonus Str and Cha do you get from her "Valorous" ability mentioned in the patch notes?

Shadenuat

Arcane
+2

same as all other characters if they have quest bonuses. Jaethal for example gets +2 to dex wis cha

Shadenuat

Arcane
Can you use Gaze on creatures which you don't see? Like say combat invis and you fail Spot.
Well guess it all has no point since you can't turn your backs on gazers either since game doesn't understand directions, so there are no real ways of avoiding gaze as RAW you look into creatures eyes when you attack it.

Also I don't see any mothafucking 20+ innate MR on wild hunters, unless I don't know something about fey, planar creatures or their relation to first world, or 20% innate concealment

Anyway endgame enemies are Bestiary 6 page 278 and below
Just don't forget to multiply it all by x1.5-x2 depending on difficulty and add innate MR + Concealment
Oh and their Gaze is not Gaze at all
Aside from that even their saving throws and stats are surprisingly accurate, but endgame variants seem to be greatly buffed. Also due how to flanking/sneak attack works their crystal spam at will just shreds you regardless of AC. Their Slay Living is also in and they seem to deliver it through eldritch archer abilities.

Hilariously but Power Word Blind does seem to protect against Wild Hunt paralyze. Yet blinding THEM does not. Also no Blind usage protects from Medusa. Even if Gaze mechanics are all feel broken. So if you're totally out of free actions... also I think I saw 1 Mirrored item in game. If it works, that is also an option. Also, if you have Blindsight you should be able to close eyes and fight but that's not in game too.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

So here's a cool strat I use. Formation has Valerie on top, my Archaeologist, Amiri and Jaethal behind a ways, Harrim (for now, until Tristian replaces him) slightly closer to Valerie and Jubilost in the back. Amiri and Jaethal each have Outflank and Precise Strike, and are using 6 ft. weapons (Glaive and Longspear, respectively). Valerie draws attention and they flank the shit out of enemies in front of her. I give her everything I can to boost her AC, and she now has Shield Wall along with my Archaeologist who is using a heavy shield, thus giving them both +2 AC bonuses to their shields. A lot of times she's almost impossible to hit at level 6. AC is only 33 or so, but I also wear the Woodland Aegis which gives me Barkskin to cast on her, and Jubilost has Infusion so he can cast Barkskin, too. As long as the formation holds properly (I sent my Archaeologist and Harrim to flank as well, and enemies don't keep coming and focus on anyone else, it works well. It's amazing how hard she can be to hit. If on the other hand it turns into a melee, my Arch. goes down quick. As long as she keeps aggro we're golden. For now. About to fight the Troll King so here's hoping it won't be a total massacre against us. :)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Transformation for everyone from lvl 16
Didn't find it very useful aside from resistances like immunity to criticals when turned into Elemental.

Some natural attacks seem kinda bugged (the amount of them).

And you are fighting DR15 things with natural attacks and lose all your late game weapon bonuses, a lot of them. Maybe with Druid buffs n stuff...

Yosharian

Arcane
Transformation for everyone from lvl 16
Didn't find it very useful aside from resistances like immunity to criticals when turned into Elemental.

Some natural attacks seem kinda bugged (the amount of them).

And you are fighting DR15 things with natural attacks and lose all your late game weapon bonuses, a lot of them. Maybe with Druid buffs n stuff...
Tenser's Transformation, he's talking about..

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
That is not a bug. It is arguably unbalanced, broken, poor implementation, or similar, but the spell does exactly what it says it should do.

Again, say it with me: Assuming that everything works and is meant to work as in the PnP is retarded.

Also, poor game design is not a bug. A bug implies something is unintentional, not working as designed, or otherwise the result of bad coding. I lamented the fact that you could not see the game version number anywhere in the game, a couple of pages back. That was recently patched in. But it was never a bug, it was just an oversight.
Haha what the fuck

It's not even close to what it should be

For fuck's sake
I'd forgive a lot of that if they could implement spells correctly and release the game in a decent state
Point in case.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Rules question:

If you get an alchemist with infusion, he can cast shield on any friendly target. Is this intended or a bug?

It seems *really* strong.

Your alchemist is not casting anything, he's just being friendly and passing the bottle around.

Does it actually work in-game, though?
yeah it does. infusion is pretty great. the whole point of the ability is that it lets you cast this stuff on other people.
As an FYI, it doesn't just work like that in-game, but it's the same in the PnP, where the implementation was explicitly clarified in an FAQ, but referred to as a "loophole". Despite this being many years of active publishing and developmemt ago, this "hole" was never plugged, suggesting that if that implementation was not intentional when the Alchemist was designed, it is now.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That is not a bug. It is arguably unbalanced, broken, poor implementation, or similar, but the spell does exactly what it says it should do.

Again, say it with me: Assuming that everything works and is meant to work as in the PnP is retarded.

Also, poor game design is not a bug. A bug implies something is unintentional, not working as designed, or otherwise the result of bad coding. I lamented the fact that you could not see the game version number anywhere in the game, a couple of pages back. That was recently patched in. But it was never a bug, it was just an oversight.
Haha what the fuck

For fuck's sake
I'd forgive a lot of that if they could implement spells correctly and release the game in a decent state
Point in case.

It might not technically be a bug. But it's a terrible implementation, where a cone aoe DAMAGE spell from EVOCATION school is hard CC with NO SAVE and outshines single target, dedicated CC spells from other schools, which have no damage component.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ok, it's not a bug, just a terrible and arguably mistaken implementation. They where probably late in crunch hours and misread 4d6 rounds of deafness for 4d6 rounds of stun, sleep deprivation will do that to you.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I think they just didn't implement the deafness status effect and therefor they consciously decided to change the effect to one they already had implemented.

Last edited:
Either way this is not a good solution. There's a world of difference between 4d6 rounds of deafened and 4d6 rounds of stunned.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Haha what the fuck

For fuck's sake
Point in case.

It might not technically be a bug. But it's a terrible implementation, where a cone aoe DAMAGE spell from EVOCATION school is hard CC with NO SAVE and outshines single target, dedicated CC spells from other schools, which have no damage component.
If the implementation is terrible is entirely dependent on what they wanted to implement. However, I agree that it's fucking crazy powerful. I don't think it is entirely in error, however, because if the spell had worked like in the PnP, it would have been near-useless in the PF:K CRPG, because Deafness has effects that are mechanically meaningless, nevermind absent narrative aspects (as a DM, I would emphasize how enemies react to being deaf, or how animals would become disoriented or maybe even run away, etc).

That said, instead of Deafened, they could've used Dazed, rather than the considerably more (crazily) powerful Stunned, or combined with a momentary Prone. They've made an effort to be as close to the PnP rules, however, and seem unwilling to make up their own fitting conditions, which is probably how they ended up with this.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Haha what the fuck

For fuck's sake
Point in case.

If the implementation is terrible is entirely dependent on what they wanted to implement. However, I agree that it's fucking crazy powerful. I don't think it is entirely in error, however, because if the spell had worked like in the PnP, it would have been near-useless in the PF:K CRPG, because Deafness has effects that are mechanically meaningless, nevermind absent narrative aspects (as a DM, I would emphasize how enemies react to being deaf, or how animals would become disoriented or maybe even run away, etc).

That said, instead of Deafened, they could've used Dazed, rather than the considerably more (crazily) powerful Stunned, or combined with a momentary Prone. They've made an effort to be as close to the PnP rules, however, and seem unwilling to make up their own fitting conditions, which is probably how they ended up with this.
Daze is already too powerful as it removes your actions. Shaken should have been used at best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom