Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

I have been telling everyone to ignore Cael on both Pathfinder topics because he is not playing the game but I guess still some of you ignored my advice and had to learn it the hard way :D
I really thought he must have played it by now.

Cael

Arcane
I have been telling everyone to ignore Cael on both Pathfinder topics because he is not playing the game but I guess still some of you ignored my advice and had to learn it the hard way :D
You know you have really lost an argument when you start making up stories about someone and try to character assassinate him that way. The butthurt must be enormous for you to be that bitter.

ArchAngel

Arcane
He is same here as in Battletech topic. He was shitposting there as well and not playing or owning the game. He played Battletech tabletop and felt it was important that we read his babblings about anything in the game he didn't play.

Ent

Savant
I didn't think mentioning a bug would lead to this. An interesting morning read nonetheless.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Puts another tick against "Owlcat fuckups" column.

Their explanation was basically "there's no asian stuff in this part of the world," and sword saint is a direct translation of the Japanese. One rare case where we know it was a conscious design decision.

I will say that I'm very glad there are no katana or wakizashi floating around in Pathfinder's faux feudal Europe. My barony is no one's co-prosperity sphere.
dueling sword are not-katana.
They look more like a Messer than a katana to me.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alright friends it's been like 30 days and 40 pages since I played this game and the patch is dropping in like a week, what's the cooliest neatest build people have come up wtih since then? Last time I was just as "wow generic wizard with haste and stonekin communal is busted as hell"

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
What is?
Alright friends it's been like 30 days and 40 pages since I played this game and the patch is dropping in like a week, what's the cooliest neatest build people have come up wtih since then? Last time I was just as "wow generic wizard with haste and stonekin communal is busted as hell"
Vivi 1/anything
Wiz 3/Viv 1/Arcane Trickster
Vivi 1/Knife Master
Pal 2/Monk/Eldritch Scion with Crane fears
Grenadier with Force Bombs and Curse Bombs

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Wait so you take 1 level in vivisectionist for the sneak attack bonus with literally every class

ROFL that's genius

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Good picks. But I'd also list pure / mostly pure Vivi. It's a very strong class on its own. Works well both strength and Dex based.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Reach weapons are best for 2handed builds or can they work with standard 2feet 2handers?
I'm fooling around with a 2H figher glaive cleaver and it would be great - if there wasn't a bug which prevents cleave from working from the second row :lol:

I was beginning to question my sanity since cleave was only triggering sometimes - until owlcat confimed it as a bug. One of the hotfixes is supposed to fix this soon (or has already? don't have time to keep up with them all)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Reach weapons are best for 2handed builds or can they work with standard 2feet 2handers?
I'm fooling around with a 2H figher glaive cleaver and it would be great - if there wasn't a bug which prevents cleave from working from the second row :lol:

I was beginning to question my sanity since cleave was only triggering sometimes - until owlcat confimed it as a bug. One of the hotfixes is supposed to fix this soon (or has already? don't have time to keep up with them all)
I think 1.1 has it fixed.
1.0.16 has it fixed.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Glaive and Fauchard are both really good.
Standard 2h builds are good with a bite attack (from Rage powers or a Feral Mutagen) and the Winter Wolf cloak that causes knockdown on a hit with a bite, and there are some terrific Greataxes, good Greatswords, and an artisan Masterpiece Earth Breaker.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Good picks. But I'd also list pure / mostly pure Vivi. It's a very strong class on its own. Works well both strength and Dex based.
Yep. My vote goes for elven vivisectionist archer. Can get tons of damage due to sneak attacks delivered from safe distance and is a decent spellcaster especially for buffs, even including some that are normally unavailable to others like Shield. The only "serious" downside... the elf character models are horrible, but a human would be almost as good. I'm sure vivi can be great as melee as well. Sneak damage will always provide with good damage output and the ability to buff him/herself with spells combined with the mutagen means a very solid and survivable and versatile character. Overall a very strong class as you said.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Wait so you take 1 level in vivisectionist for the sneak attack bonus with literally every class

ROFL that's genius
If you're anything remotely squishy that depends on doing damage by means of attacks (including natural weapons, melee & ranged touch attacks) it's very hard to go wrong with 1 lvl of Vivi. Sneak Attacks are very powerful in PF:K.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Standard 2h builds are good with a bite attack (from Rage powers or a Feral Mutagen) and the Winter Wolf cloak that causes knockdown on a hit with a bite, and there are some terrific Greataxes, good Greatswords, and an artisan Masterpiece Earth Breaker.
I tried to take bite with Amiri, and use that cloak, she didn't get a CMB roll to try to trip enemies so I assumed it is all broken (also the cloak that added cold damage to bite attacks did nothing).

Shadenuat

Arcane
I like Bardiche because 6 ft. and 19-20, at least 2 endgame examples in the game with +5 too, including one which does +3d6 negative energy

Elex

Arbiter
I like Bardiche because 6 ft. and 19-20, at least 2 endgame examples in the game with +5 too, including one which does +3d6 negative energy
the problem is find a decent bardiche before the end of the game.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I tried to take bite with Amiri, and use that cloak, she didn't get a CMB roll to try to trip enemies so I assumed it is all broken (also the cloak that added cold damage to bite attacks did nothing).
That's a shame. Her bite attack triggered, though?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Maybe you stood too far with a reach weapon and couldn't bite? Appears to work for me. But I don't seem to always get AoOs with Greater Trip (have Combat Reflexes and 16 Dex).

Last edited:

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Couple of builds I've found to be interesting are,

Fighter 1/Vivisectionist the rest

Dual wielding strength based build, you can select dex dual wielding feats by wearing a dex belt (so 11-12 dex is enough I think, though you made need more depending on when spells/items boosting dex are available).

Good thing about this build is that it's consistently strong the whole way through, feral mutagen is powerful in the early game (claws work well with strength), eventually you switch into dual wielding, and finally into shield with shield smash, etc. With preservation, dr reducing equipment/armour, spells, etc, makes a great tank, dex defence builds are a little more vulnerable then they first appear without uncanny dodge.

Thug 4/ Ranger rest

Can mix when you want to take levels.

Finesse training, uncanny dodge, fear, make enemies nauseated, bewildering strike, fast stealth, etc from the thug levels.

Ranger gives you some bonus feats (menacing) and animal companions.

The build is not tanky, but enemies are fleeing in terror as well as being debuffed when using Cornugon strike (with the latest patch), so it's good to use haste or bring ranged fire power within your party to chase and hack them down.

Really fun support character.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
If you re equipped with metagame knowledge, fauchard is the way to go with reach weapons. As soon as you annex the troll lands, get maharaja artisan and start praying to get one of her three super fauchards. ( 2 of them can come up as early as at vilage lvl and kingdom ranks 4-5 which is easily achievable) If you re lucky enough you'll be swinging one as early as chapter 4 or even late chapter 3 if you savescum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom