Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Serus

Arcane
Patron
4 lvls on alc is for the buffs duration,i dont want to rest spam every 2 fights.maybe then 2 alc lvls are better.
what 2handed weapons (not reach) have the best availability through the chapters?
The buffs in question are Shield and Enlarge person. Both are IIRC one minute per level, even with 4 minutes it won't last more than what, 2 fights at most? I was mostly thinking to cast them only for the more difficult fights - 1 minute might not be enough for the whole fight but it's usually enough to decide which way a fight goes.
But yeah, if you want to have those buffs most of the time, you need more casts and more duration. Then maybe consider going more heavily into Vivisectionist? I think that even 5 levels makes more sense than 4. You get a second spell + second slot for level 2 spells. And a 3rd sneak dice on top of that. Or even consider any of the following: Fighter 1/Vivisectionist, Fighter 5/Vivisectionist, Fighter 9/Vivisectionist.

Edit: To think about it, just make up your mind as you play. This build doesn't have to be super precise, You can decide how many fighter vs vivisectionist levels you want as you play. Any combination you will end up with should work well. You have the same number of feats either way as the vivi can take combat feats via discoveries. More vivi levels mean more discoveries though. The build will play more or less the same regardless. The main difference will be the ability to cast more/longer duration buffs vs some permanent additional damage/attack bonus from having more fighter levels.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
Graveyard of Giants
is this from amir's quest that never happens?
also seems to be incomplete since it shows only 1 shortspear named boneshard but im sure there was another named mourning in brineheart

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Graveyard of Giants
is this from amir's quest that never happens?
also seems to be incomplete since it shows only 1 shortspear named boneshard but im sure there was another named mourning in brineheart
According to reddit, you get Graveyard of Giants by
killing the Frost Giant ghosts in the room that Amiri is in at the House at the Edge of Time. There's one ghost in that room in each dimension. It might also be necessary to have offered to sacrifice yourself to reforge Amiri's sword in the final part of her quest

Where do you get the Weasel kukris? I missed those on my first playthrough.

Yosharian

Arcane
I couldn't find any general information on how to obtain these weapons. Sucks.

Also, the page contains the stats of other magical items too, like armor and stuff. Awesome.

Belt of Physical Perfection +8 Belt This belt grants its wearer +8 enhancement bonuses to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution. Bonses of the same type usually don't stack.

Yikes...

Greater Belt of Perfect Components Belt This belt makes 1st, 2nd and 3rd level spells cast by its wearer Empowered and Extended.

Yikes yikes yikes my Scion wants this

Great Dreamer's Smile Ring This ring grants its wearer a +2 luck bonus on attack and damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks and spell penetration checks. It also grants immunity to curses.

Nice.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I couldn't find any general information on how to obtain these weapons. Sucks.

Also, the page contains the stats of other magical items too, like armor and stuff. Awesome.

Belt of Physical Perfection +8 Belt This belt grants its wearer +8 enhancement bonuses to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution. Bonses of the same type usually don't stack.

Yikes...

Greater Belt of Perfect Components Belt This belt makes 1st, 2nd and 3rd level spells cast by its wearer Empowered and Extended.

Yikes yikes yikes my Scion wants this

Great Dreamer's Smile Ring This ring grants its wearer a +2 luck bonus on attack and damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks and spell penetration checks. It also grants immunity to curses.

Nice.
I got all those on my playthrough, but there were definitely quite a few on that list that I missed.
There are a couple of +8 Belts of Physical Perfection, one from Illuthiak's lair and the other one is a drop in Chapter 7 I believe.
The Greater Components Belt is at a Pitax vendor I believe and you can buy it at the beginning of chapter 5.
Great Dreamer's Smile is Mim's artisan masterpiece.

Yosharian

Arcane
How does the Greater Belt of Perfect Components interact with spontaneous spellcasting, though? Does it increase their cast times as normal, or do you get the benefits without the cast times increasing?

If it's the latter, it's useless to my Scion.

Yosharian

Arcane
Found some useful information:
Luckily, most endgame fights are against Fey. Undead and Constructs are rare in the game (with the exception of the two tombs full of undead), and Oozes don't seem to exist at all. Vermin pop up occasionally (giant spiders and Centipedes, mostly) but they're not a huge chunk of things. That means that magical beasts like Owlbears, Manticores, and Hydras are your biggest concern, but those aren't immune to your other enchantments like Constricting Coils, Crushing Despair, or Confusion.

Yosharian

Arcane
So I've got my eyes on a +5 Sai that one of the artisans (Tulip/Shaynih'a) gives, I'm just wondering how this works, exactly. The artisan makes a random weapon each month? Can you keep reloading your save just before that event in order to get the item you want? What determines the power level of the items they create, surely they can't just pop up with a +5 weapon after the first month?

Some of the artisans are bugged but luckily it seems like this one isn't.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
How does the Greater Belt of Perfect Components interact with spontaneous spellcasting, though? Does it increase their cast times as normal, or do you get the benefits without the cast times increasing?

Not sure, sorry. I had it on Octavia and didn't notice any effect on casting time.
So I've got my eyes on a +5 Sai that one of the artisans (Tulip/Shaynih'a) gives, I'm just wondering how this works, exactly. The artisan makes a random weapon each month? Can you keep reloading your save just before that event in order to get the item you want? What determines the power level of the items they create, surely they can't just pop up with a +5 weapon after the first month?

Yes, you can savescum to get different artisan weapons. The level of thing they bring you depends on kingdom stats and I think also on what chapter you're in. Each artisan also has a couple of quests you have to complete for them to get to the next tier of item. You don't have to upgrade their buildings, though - that actually stalled their delivery schedule, but I think that was fixed in the beta.

Yosharian

Arcane

Not sure, sorry. I had it on Octavia and didn't notice any effect on casting time.

Yes, you can savescum to get different artisan weapons. The level of thing they bring you depends on kingdom stats and I think also on what chapter you're in. Each artisan also has a couple of quests you have to complete for them to get to the next tier of item. You don't have to upgrade their buildings, though - that actually stalled their delivery schedule, but I think that was fixed in the beta.
Yeahhhhhhh sounds good man

Yosharian

Arcane
How useful is Anarchic in this game, really? Seems to me that most enemies would be either Chaotic or Neutral, rather than Lawful. Maybe a few Lawful Evil types, but not likely to be that common.

Right?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Edit: To think about it, just make up your mind as you play. This build doesn't have to be super precise, You can decide how many fighter vs vivisectionist levels you want as you play. Any combination you will end up with should work well. You have the same number of feats either way as the vivi can take combat feats via discoveries. More vivi levels mean more discoveries though. The build will play more or less the same regardless. The main difference will be the ability to cast more/longer duration buffs vs some permanent additional damage/attack bonus from having more fighter levels.

Another important difference is that Fighter will have more HPs, but Vivi will have more sneak dice.

razvedchiki

Erudite
well im not going to take vivi just plain alcemist,i will be neutral good and opening people up when they are still alive for science is more for neutral-evil playthroughs (just my retarded reasoning,dont get offtopic plz).
also the slider that changes DC rolls also states that it changes mobs abilities but i have set it at the hardest difficulty and havent see any difference.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Plain Alchemist is a little boring IMO. OP, sure. But... Extra Bombs, Extra Bombs, Extra Bombs..... etc....

In this case you definately don't want to delay Alchemist progression. Like at all. You want level 8 and Fast Bombs ASAP. Throwing 3 bombs per round vs 1 bomb makes quite a difference. A little further down the road you have Force Bombs, which knockdown on hit (and cause Attacks of Opportunity).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Now that Thug has been fixed, is it possible to turn Thug Frightening conversion off? According to the rules, it should be:
"In addition, if the target is shaken for 4 or more rounds, the thug can instead decide to make the target frightened for 1 round."

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Okay. I'm not a fan of such temporary, 1-per-rest bonuses, but to each his own.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
alc levels are for the str mutagen (and plus 2 to ac) and the shield spell.thats plus 6 to ac which will make tanking much more viable.
But if you are not going full alchemist for bombs then there is no gameplay reason to not take Vivisectionist instead of plain alchemist. You get the same mutagen, the same spells but in addition also sneak attack damage on top of it. Except for larping reasons of curse. If that's the reasoning, have fun. But maybe you could think about the character as a vivisectionist of monsters only, he/she studies the monsters to fight them better. :obviously:

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
How dumb is it to give Regongar a level in Thug and Cornugon Smash? I want something to differentiate him from my baron Magus and I'm not all that impressed with Dragon Disciple for him.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Question whether you want your enemies to run away from you - which can get annoying and/or risky if they aggro the whole map and lead your party to traps.

Also for such a character I'd want Shatter Defenses as well, to have an easier time hitting stuff. And that requires the Dazzling Display line I believe.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Question whether you want your enemies to run away from you - which can get annoying and/or risky if they aggro the whole map and lead your party to traps.

Also for such a character I'd want Shatter Defenses as well, to have an easier time hitting stuff. And that requires the Dazzling Display line I believe.
I don't want the mass fear effect of Dazzling Display/Dreadful Carnage with Thug, it seems like it would cause more of a headache, but I thought getting one enemy at a time would be good.
It's best with team with combat reflexes. 1 Intimidator + 2 Italian Pikemen (enlarged).
Yeah I always try to get Combat Reflexes on my melee characters, there are also those boots that give +2 AoOs which are good until you start getting Manticore Skin Boots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom