Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Sheepherder

Augur
Does Rapid Shot, Two Weapon Fighting work with bombs now?

vazha

Arcane
well im not going to take vivi just plain alcemist,i will be neutral good and opening people up when they are still alive for science is more for neutral-evil playthroughs (just my retarded reasoning,dont get offtopic plz).
also the slider that changes DC rolls also states that it changes mobs abilities but i have set it at the hardest difficulty and havent see any difference.
Go grenadier blow shit up make alliance with Talibs

Reinhardt

Arcane
How does the Greater Belt of Perfect Components interact with spontaneous spellcasting, though? Does it increase their cast times as normal, or do you get the benefits without the cast times increasing?

If it's the latter, it's useless to my Scion.
Not sure, sorry. I had it on Octavia and didn't notice any effect on casting time.
So I've got my eyes on a +5 Sai that one of the artisans (Tulip/Shaynih'a) gives, I'm just wondering how this works, exactly. The artisan makes a random weapon each month? Can you keep reloading your save just before that event in order to get the item you want? What determines the power level of the items they create, surely they can't just pop up with a +5 weapon after the first month?

Some of the artisans are bugged but luckily it seems like this one isn't.
Yes, you can savescum to get different artisan weapons. The level of thing they bring you depends on kingdom stats and I think also on what chapter you're in. Each artisan also has a couple of quests you have to complete for them to get to the next tier of item. You don't have to upgrade their buildings, though - that actually stalled their delivery schedule, but I think that was fixed in the beta.
Yeahhhhhhh sounds good man
Except they bring new items once in 2-3 months.

Deleted Member 16721

Here's a poor build you can try at home.
I started as an Archaeologist, dual-classed to Rogue and then finally Dragon Disciple. My current character is 5 Arch/4 Rogue/2 Dragon Disciple.

5 Arch gets you Archaeologist's Luck +2, which adds +2 to pretty much everything he/she can do in combat and out. I'm thinking of taking another Rogue level to get another 1d6 Sneak Attack damage, but his stealth is high and he hits a lot with sneak attacks. 2 Dragon Disciple adds +2 STR to my character to give a higher attack bonus (21 STR now, for a +5). I also get a free Bite attack and the possibility to grow claws (currently using a shield, though). Attack bonus and damage is moderate but the Luck +2 helps a lot, and the character has decent AC at 28 for level 11. Boom, poor build you can try yourself. :)

Yosharian

Arcane
Here's a poor build you can try at home.
I started as an Archaeologist, dual-classed to Rogue and then finally Dragon Disciple. My current character is 5 Arch/4 Rogue/2 Dragon Disciple.

5 Arch gets you Archaeologist's Luck +2, which adds +2 to pretty much everything he/she can do in combat and out. I'm thinking of taking another Rogue level to get another 1d6 Sneak Attack damage, but his stealth is high and he hits a lot with sneak attacks. 2 Dragon Disciple adds +2 STR to my character to give a higher attack bonus (21 STR now, for a +5). I also get a free Bite attack and the possibility to grow claws (currently using a shield, though). Attack bonus and damage is moderate but the Luck +2 helps a lot, and the character has decent AC at 28 for level 11. Boom, poor build you can try yourself. :)

> decent AC at 28 for level 11

I mean... not really

Efe

Erudite
what happens when you dual wield weapons with different reach?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Some thoughts on sorc vs wiz for this game:
sorc seems mostly better after early game. The tradeoff was always supposed to be versatility vs power (casts per day). But it doesn't really hold true in the game, because there are no vendors for arcane scrolls with a broad supply (at least so far). So both wiz and sorc are pretty much stuck with what they choose on levelup (aside from some scrolls being in very high supply like fireball, haste and a few others). I think sorcerer might just be better, esp if you have some secondary arcane caster like alchemist in your party.

For divine casters, I feel somewhat similarly. Just not that many essential spells (death ward is pretty much the only one), so an inquisitor can easily handle all the clerical duties except healing(and there's honestly quite a lot of potions and scrolls of it around). Not to mention you can buy scrolls for all this stuff is essentially limitless supply.

Efe

Erudite
All reach weapons are two-handed AFAIK
there is a dagger with 2ft + 5ft on weapon table.
i probably had it but sold cos dagger :(
now im curious if you can make a reach magus or weird dual wielding combo with it.

Valtiel

Scholar
after so many thoughts i've decided to try the painful way of the Mystic Theurge with a necromancy flavor for role playing reason, I wanted an inquisitor but there was already Jaethal, I thought about a Magus but there was already another companion, LE paladin wasn't an option and cleric seemed the right way for me, but then I remembered how much I loved to summon planetar/deva and went for the double class. Am I destined to fail?
Also, just played 3 h and reached that first bandit camp after oleg, i've got no rogue to open chests and disarm trap, is that normal? My party is kinda unbalanced right now with Jaethal, Valerie and Amiri

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm playing around with a few ideas and rolled a rogue knife master, cheated in some XP and took a level in Monk. The internet say's that flurry of blows works automatically - now if that were true - and the game states I have x1 APR, then I take TWF giving me two, then I would make x3 attacks against an enemy correct?. Because by my count I'm only getting x2.

So I think Flurry is either borked (because I can't work out how to engage it) or it doesn't work with daggers.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm playing around with a few ideas and rolled a rogue knife master, cheated in some XP and took a level in Monk. The internet say's that flurry of blows works automatically - now if that were true - and the game states I have x1 APR, then I take TWF giving me two, then I would make x3 attacks against an enemy correct?. Because by my count I'm only getting x2.

So I think Flurry is either borked (because I can't work out how to engage it) or it doesn't work with daggers.
I failed at this too. Flurry only works with Monk weapons, not weapons that the Monk is proficient with. Check D20PFSRD for which weapons have the 'monk' quality

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
after so many thoughts i've decided to try the painful way of the Mystic Theurge with a necromancy flavor for role playing reason, I wanted an inquisitor but there was already Jaethal, I thought about a Magus but there was already another companion, LE paladin wasn't an option and cleric seemed the right way for me, but then I remembered how much I loved to summon planetar/deva and went for the double class. Am I destined to fail?
Also, just played 3 h and reached that first bandit camp after oleg, i've got no rogue to open chests and disarm trap, is that normal? My party is kinda unbalanced right now with Jaethal, Valerie and Amiri
I made Tristian a Mystic Theurge, you'll probably struggle a bit longer in the early game but you will eventually end up with so many spell slots that it is almost impossible to run out.
Once you get to Mystic Theurge 3 or so, you'll be good.
So as long as your computer can handle all the summons you're going to throw on the map, you should be OK.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron

I failed at this too. Flurry only works with Monk weapons, not weapons that the Monk is proficient with. Check D20PFSRD for which weapons have the 'monk' quality

Damn. You're right: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
I really don't think it's worth it to ditch Vivisectionist levels in favour of Fighter levels. Pure Vivisectionist is the way to go.

In this game more attack bonus >>>>>>> more sneak dice. If sneak attack were the same bonus damage and simply worked on everything with no need for setup it would still be true.

1 viv for mutagen and accomplished sneak attacker, rest in full BAB classes.

Overcoming enemy AC is the end all and be all of making a physical damage class work and it's very hard for a 3/4th BAB class to do, even with 30 main stat and maxed out buffs and flanking and what have you.

Yosharian

Arcane
I really don't think it's worth it to ditch Vivisectionist levels in favour of Fighter levels. Pure Vivisectionist is the way to go.

In this game more attack bonus >>>>>>> more sneak dice. If sneak attack were the same bonus damage and simply worked on everything with no need for setup it would still be true.

Overcoming enemy AC is the end all and be all of making a physical damage class work and it's very hard for a 3/4th BAB class to do, even with 30 main stat and maxed out buffs and flanking and what have you.
Well, we'll see. I think you're overstating it.

Rating my comment as shit sure persuaded me, though! Good job!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

30 Main stat? That's kinda weak. I expect my Vivi to have 40 Strenght. 46 buffed. Also when he gets Transformation, buffed he will have full BAB.

Also sure, AB is important. But you can buff it quite a bit. Flanking + Outflank: +4. Freebooter's Bane + Freebooter's Bond: +4 (at level 5), up to +7. Greater Heroism: +4. Bard Inspire Courage: +4. Prayer +1. Attacking Prone enemy: -4 AC.

Cael

Arcane

This has been the way since 3.0...

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

FWIW, they only just fixed flurry to not work with other (non-monk) weapons in the latest patch. So it was broken before that.

I haven't checked in game, but I believe sai should count as monk weapons though. That's the intersect between knife master and monk flurry.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron

This has been the way since 3.0...

FWIW, they only just fixed flurry to not work with other (non-monk) weapons in the latest patch. So it was broken before that.

I haven't checked in game, but I believe sai should count as monk weapons though. That's the intersect between knife master and monk flurry.

Yeah I never really paid much attention to Monks, always thought playing the class was the same as cheating.

I also noticed a contadiction in the Slashin Grace feat: if you read the description here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/slashing-grace-combat/ it provides the description ingame for fencing grace which states fencing grace applies when you are using a single weapon one handed.
The slashing grace description in-game suggests it applies when you are using the TWF feats.

I had a brief moment of fabulous optimism where I thought it might qualify handaxes for the knife master' D8 sneak attack progression.

Cael

Arcane
Yeah I never really paid much attention to Monks, always thought playing the class was the same as cheating.
Monks has hitorically been one of the weakest classes in 3.x. So much so that they updated it in 3.5 with the Swordsaint. I am not sure where you got the idea that they are "cheating" from...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom