Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker DLCs revealed, first DLC releasing on December 6th

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The first DLC depends entirely on whether we're getting an Annah of the shadows or a Neeshka of STFU. Because if it's Annah...

:takemymoney:

Deleted Member 16721

All 3 sound great to me. An endless dungeon will be fun if they dip even further into the bestiary and throw all sorts of tough/interesting encounters at you. The Varnhold DLC is another chapter-length content that I'll enjoy no doubt, and I'm most excited by the new party member who seems like she will be badass (and I really just want to see her quests/personality/use in combat). So all in all the three of them equal a pretty decent expansion IMO. Now I'd love a 4th DLC that takes leveling from 18-22 or something, with a lot of extra classes, races and locations (Numeria, maybe?), but the 3 they announced sound almost perfect to me.

Foamhead

Educated
Since the games AC's and enemy damage modifiers are still ridiculous who cares? "Oh, a typical low level bandit, time to get a drink and save/reload 50 times."

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Since the games AC's and enemy damage modifiers are still ridiculous who cares? "Oh, a typical low level bandit, time to get a drink and save/reload 50 times."
Are you playing on mega insano difficulty or something?

Admittedly there have been a few enemies where I've hit one in 20 attacks, but they've been very rare and mostly positive as added variety.

Elex

Arbiter
since 1.1 patch you can check enemy stat, on normal stat are like TT with a +2 on top (but enemy deal only 80% damage and reduced crit).

So it's pretty easy to move the slider for obtain enemy stat identical to TTRPG rules.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Are you playing on mega insano difficulty or something?

Admittedly there have been a few enemies where I've hit one in 20 attacks, but they've been very rare and mostly positive as added variety.

The devs' first round of patches was all about nerfing encounter difficulty (among other things). That bear treant in front of the temple comes to mind.

No idea why they went with that kind of encounter design. It's always better to spread out effective HP and damage over a larger number of mobs, than to concentrate it into an unkillable one that two-shots even tanks.

But whatever, the game's semi-playable now. Should be perfect by the end of 2019, once they've rolled out more content and patched everything up.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Maybe on Unfair.
It's called Unfair, after all.
Normal and Challenging with normal crits and 1.0 damage aren't too far off PnP stats.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Maybe on Unfair.
Normal and Challenging with normal crits and 1.0 damage aren't too far off PnP stats.
Pretty sure you can tweak it to be exactly tt stats.

Admittedly, they might have changed stuff, afaik the treant bear isn't in the tt module. Might be other changes, but it is not an "ac" problem it is a cr problem.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Maybe on Unfair.
Pretty sure you can tweak it to be exactly tt stats.

Admittedly, they might have changed stuff, afaik the treant bear isn't in the tt module. Might be other changes, but it is not an "ac" problem it is a cr problem.
You can. I think they changed Normal to be basically PnP. They also nerfed bear treant.
I dont play RPGs anymore unless there is a character editor available
Ok, good for you I guess? There is one for Kingmaker so go nuts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom