Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Edition - now with Beneath the Stolen Lands DLC

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Fluent Arcane Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    I mean the video game adaptation ooff it being core rules, i.e. enemies do 100% damage, full crits and so on. This has nothing to do with the pen-and-paper version.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    No it's not, Challenging makes several adaptations to monster stats and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Funposter Scholar

Funposter
    I'm pretty sure Core Rules is covered by turning it onto Challenging and then changing the option which inflates monster stats to Normal, or some such.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    So I completed the game, took 141 hours and 40 minutes, fucking great game, one of the best crpgs I've played, with the exception of HATEOT, will probably start another playthrough down the line. Pitax stuff was already a bit weaker than the earlier parts of the game, but I still liked it quite a lot.

Lantern King's voice actor sounded like James Spader, who would fit that kind of "trickster god" almost perfectly, I wonder if they consciously chose to cast someone with that kind of voice.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. pomenitul Learned

pomenitul
    I wasn't implying that the game rules them out altogether, I just find it odd that Owlcat push their own 'balance patch' instead.

^ Top  
  6. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    Whenever someone starts talking about "balance", it is fairly easy to see where they lie in the whole powergame-dramafag spectrum. In Owlcat's case, it leans towards "munchkin".

^ Top  
  7. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    i laugh out loud every time i see how small they made the harder difficulties in the options,probably it worked since games score stabilised on 70.

^ Top  
  8. Thonius Liturgist

Thonius
    Also steam changed reviews a bit.

^ Top  
  9. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    Like I said before in this thread, I kinda missed the side quests and other stuff to do between chapters, but even in the form game is now, it's fucking long, and I'm surprised they managed to keep it from collapsing, and they managed to keep the main baddies relevant to the story and present in the game even if you didn't see them. The execution difference between this and Pillars of Eternity is huge, in PoE Thaos appears couple of times in the game, and you basically can forget him beside those instances.

I think this is due the structure of the game, you get a game which is very much tied together, but the drawback is that it doesn't lend itself that well for the side content, unless you do it at the expense of the main storyline, or make the game even longer, and as for traditional crpgs like Kingmaker is, rather unique in this regard. Sure there was some side content, but most of it was tied to the either kingdom stuff or the main storyline, at least we weren't put to usually games falls apart about half way through, but Kingmaker IMO didn't suffer from this till the last stretch, but that was due the encounter "design" in HATEOT and the first world after that, rather than the story itself, maybe it was a bit rushed, and the very ending was a bit abrupt that after the fight you get the ending slides, instead of returning to the kingdom yourself with all the allies, would've been nice to see celebrations in the game itself.

^ Top  
  10. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    That should be in the advertisement.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    marketing the game to the casuals was a mistake.

^ Top  
  13. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    My Kingdom is in the 'Worried' state, finished the Bloom thing, currently waiting for the next Big Thing. Any idea what I gotta do to fix this? It's not a bug, is it?

^ Top  
  14. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    not a bug,you either hold a feast for 1000bp or wait for new events and by succesfully resolving them your rate will go up.

^ Top  
  15. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    I never got an option for a feast though? Not like I have 1k BP lying around, admittedly

^ Top  
  16. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    This is what concerns me:

[​IMG]

<null> ?

A year has passed since that time and I've completed many events.

^ Top  
  17. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    well im at serene,i finished the main quests as soon as possible,went to bald hill when baddies erupted and had solved most of the events with triumph or sucess.use a save game from when you were stable.

^ Top  
  18. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    What, from ~10 hours ago? I think not

Current save: 2 days 8 hrs
    Save right after that event happened: 1 day 9 hrs

Yeah, I'm not reloading... too bad I didn't save right before it happened, so I could figure out what caused it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    ^ Top  
  19. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    wtf,i make hard saves every 5 mins you should too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    I do but I don't keep them all

^ Top  
  21. Fedora Master Cipher

Fedora Master
    Considering the game has Steam integration it sure would be great if we also got the workshop. Using that Unity Mod Manager thing is a bit annoying.

^ Top  
  22. Kaivokz Savant

Kaivokz
    [​IMG]
    Ekun pretty strong... Okbo gets up to 41AC/150HP, trips things + hits really hard himself, too. Just bought 30 dinosaur bones for my sorcerer, should last the rest of the game.

^ Top  
  23. Thonius Liturgist

Thonius
    Finished game with worried status. No biggie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Let me guess, your treasurer asked you to decide on taxes and you choose to increase them? :D

You can fix this by leveling your Treasurer a few more levels and when he asks about Import Taxes say No taxes.

^ Top  
  25. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    Probably the best treasurer is Kanerah, has high int and she had some special options for the events, so I'd recommend to use her. It's a good idea to save when you get the card that the advisor wants to talk, and then switch them around to see if they have special options.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)