Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cael

Arcane
I can't bring myself to play this again. It's odd, I don't dislike the game at all but the early game is just so trite now and the little bugs and weird design decisions just turn me the fuck off every time I try to replay. You STILL get your entire hotbar shat up with icons when you memorize spells - WHY? :argh:
NWN has a lot to answer for...
This is why you roll barbarian. No spells to crowd your hotbar.
Fighter/RDD. Dual wield greatswords. Muahaha!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It is easy to just move shit off the hotbar. And there are very few bugs now. My only problem with the game is that it is boring. Boring repetitive combat, not enough bosses, boring areas, boring story, boring quests, boring characters, super boring empire management mini game gimmick. But as a tactical RPG it does everything TOEE or BG2 does only in a more modern engine.

As I said, it's the little things like the messed up hotbar that sap my will to play again. I want to but I just can't bring myself to do it, which is odd.
It also isn't just a minor issue when your entire group levels up, gets new spells and the next time you want to use them everything is fucked up.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
They don't auto level up though, you click to level them up and then you have to go through their book and choose new spells. You sort out their hotbar at the same time, takes 10 seconds. I don't think there are any other quirks or bugs worth worrying about.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They don't auto level up though, you click to level them up and then you have to go through their book and choose new spells. You sort out their hotbar at the same time, takes 10 seconds. I don't think there are any other quirks or bugs worth worrying about.
Are you deliberately trying to misunderstand me?
Around the mid-game, a hotbar for a caster class consists of 20+ individual abilities. Multiply this by the 7 or so NPCs with access to spells and you get ~140 icons you have to drag around every time plus the ones that sneak in constantly assuming you want to keep gaps in your spell lineup for easier readability.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Your math is as bad as your understanding. The spells you already have will never move. And nothing sneaks in, it just adds new spells that you chose when you level up. Also you don't need to swap characters all the time, you can just take a single set of 6 characters through the whole game. And tank characters barely have anything on their hotkeys, ranger too. So it is only spell casters, so each level (which takes ages) you get several new spells if you are lucky, that take less than a minute to re-arrange. And you don't even need to.

Basically you need a better excuse for not playing this because the one you have is stupid.

Incendax

Augur
You STILL get your entire hotbar shat up with icons when you memorize spells - WHY? :argh:
My hotbars stay organized unless I have blank slots and memorize something new.
I think the game just hates you personally.
It has seen the cut of your jib and disapproves heartily.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Your math is as bad as your understanding. The spells you already have will never move. And nothing sneaks in, it just adds new spells that you chose when you level up. Also you don't need to swap characters all the time, you can just take a single set of 6 characters through the whole game. And tank characters barely have anything on their hotkeys, ranger too. So it is only spell casters, so each level (which takes ages) you get several new spells if you are lucky, that take less than a minute to re-arrange. And you don't even need to.

Basically you need a better excuse for not playing this because the one you have is stupid.

It would take Owlcat a fucking minute to edit their code to make the "Don't add shit" option work, too.
As I said, it's just one of the minor issues that make the game tedious.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
And as I said, it doesn't make it tedious. It puts the spells on the bar for you and you can move them in 30 seconds. What's the real reason? You can't afford the 30 bucks?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
New free dlc is out, Arcane Unleashed, here's link to GOG page https://af.gog.com/game/pathfinder_kingmaker_arcane_unleashed?as=1649904300

There's no such thing as too much magic!

This free DLC adds the following new spells to the game:
  1. Create Pit
  2. Spiked Pit
  3. Acid Pit
  4. Hungry Pit
  5. Rift of Ruin
  6. Battering Blast

An arcane scroll merchant will appear in your capital. The quantity and caster level of available scrolls depends on how high your "Arcane" kingdom stat is.

Furthermore, if you like turning into giant dragons as much as we do, you'll definitely enjoy the fresh, improved models for chromatic and metallic types of these formidable creatures.

Finally, on a more serious note, the last part of this DLC is a new pet. One of our players and our friend, known to the community as Stratagemini, lost his beloved cat Tiger just weeks before the launch of our game. Stratagemini has been with us since the earliest days of development, supporting us every step of the way, providing extensive and enlightening feedback in the alpha, and helping to shape this community into what it is today. As a token of our eternal gratitude, we've recreated Tiger in the game so that he may roam with his human friend once more - if only in the Stolen Lands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thonius

Arcane
Droping game because of hot-bars when there is fucking spell book right there. Huh.
My only problem with the game is that it is boring. Boring repetitive combat, not enough bosses, boring areas, boring story, boring quests, boring characters, super boring empire management mini game gimmick
I can agree only partially, not enough bosses - that's true. Part about boring, well to each it's own try to adjust difficulty settings.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/339009/Pathfinder_Kingmaker_Releases_2_nd_FREE_DLC.php

09:00 20 March, 2019: Because there is no such thing as Too Much Magic, Owlcat Games and Deep Silver today released its latest free DLC “Arcane Unleashed” for their critically acclaimed RPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Wrapped up within this free DLC is something for everyone!

Explorers of The Stolen Lands can ramp-up their magical arsenal with the following new spells:

1. Create Pit
2. Spiked Pit
3. Acid Pit
4. Hungry Pit
5. Rift of Ruin
6. Battering Blast

An arcane scroll merchant will appear in your capital. The quantity and caster level of available scrolls depends on how high your "Arcane" kingdom stat is.

But wait, that’s not all! If you like turning into giant dragons as much as we believe, you'll definitely enjoy the fresh, improved models for chromatic and metallic types of these formidable creatures.

Finally, the last part of this DLC is a new pet. Oleg Shpilchevsky, Head Of Owlcat Games says “One of our players, long term community contributor, and our friend lost his beloved cat “Tiger” just weeks before the launch of our game. As a token of our eternal gratitude for everything he contributed to the creation of Pathfinder: Kingmaker, we've recreated.”

“Tiger” in the game so that he may roam with his human friend(s) once more – if only in the Stolen Lands,” he added.

To get a better impression you can watch the trailer on YouTube: https://youtu.be/BAYCOzBqXEw

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just as I was going to abandon my dragon eldritch scion build due to there being only black dragon form textures, they add them. :dealwithit:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Just checked the scroll merchant in the capital from my the last save I have before the endgame, and it looked to have all the wizard-spells from the game at least at my very high arcane-stats, so playing wizard became much more feasible.

Looks like I'll play the wizard next.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finally scroll mechant arrives at our capital! We only needed to pray to Owlcat God for 6 months.

hell bovine

Arcane
That's what you get for building your barony in some backwater swamp inhabited by trolls and spiders.

Just checked the scroll merchant in the capital from my the last save I have before the endgame, and it looked to have all the wizard-spells from the game at least at my very high arcane-stats, so playing wizard became much more feasible.

Are they in stocks, or is it just 1-2 copies of each scroll?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
That's what you get for building your barony in some backwater swamp inhabited by trolls and spiders.

Are they in stocks, or is it just 1-2 copies of each scroll?

Looked to be just 1-4 copies of each, didn't check if they replenish.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom