Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Endless dungeon? Not sure how they can make it.
I'd imagine something similar to TOME's infinite dungeon mode. Randomized level layout, random item drops, random enemies that get picked from stronger types as you progress. Eventually once you reach a certain point, the enemies start getting additional bonuses to their stats. The goal is to see how far you can progress before you get killed. Though they mention a "unique boss", not sure how a boss fits into an "endless" dungeon. Perhaps it's not endless after all, just randomized each time you enter it but still has an end boss. We'll see.
If done right it could be a fun change of pace but I'm almost certain they will make it half-assed. It would require a tremendous amount of effort to make it good, I doubt they will have the man/hours to spare for that DLC but I like good surprises.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Lowered the difficulty to hard, I was in no way, shape or form ready to deal with the Lantern King's Curse. For the next playthrough I will need far, far more consumeables to get through this.

Parabalus

Arcane
Do you get back out after going to House at the edge of time?

I have Ancient curse pt. 7 pending in 40 days, will I see that?

The DLCs as announced are underwhelming. Tiefling was obvious, but I'm not thrilled with the kineticist. There are much better choices. I was hoping that the DLCs would be more along the lines of "splat books", with spell/feat/class emphasis, and maybe a big quest/content for the third DLC. The endless dungeon feels out of place for a game like this. It also seems overly ambitious given the multitude of technical and polish short-comings.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
For the love of God, don't use Reduce Person on Nok-Nok on the 'final map'. He's stuck below the terrain so I can't zone out because I have to gather my party.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
  • DLC 3 – “Beneath The Stolen Lands” – April, 2019* – A new game mode. Sometimes you want to play a story with memorable characters, rich lore, and a complicated set of choices and consequences. But then there are days when you just want to grab a sword, cast some spells, and destroy a horde of monsters! This DLC will introduce a rogue-like randomly generated endless dungeon, complete with a new unique boss. You can explore it in a separate game, or as a part of your main campaign. How deep can you go?

Doubt: is there any game with a random rogue-like isometric dungeon?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The ending slides are awesome! There's so many of them, and so many outcomes to a lot of your decisions, some which seemed casual and not too important...

Being done with this game, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's still not free of bugs. It will never be. But it's, as I said many pages back, 100% the closest to BG 2 we have ever gotten. Is it better? That's the wrong question to ask. It's a different game, but a game that's similar to BG 2. And I really enjoyed it.

The endgame has many problems and others have listed them better than I did. But despite that weak, yet mercifully short part in what is otherwise an enormous game, I had a wonderful time and wish the developers the best of luck.

I encourage you all to try the game. Wait a little, if you please, as even now, despite it certainly being very playable, there are some bugs here and there. Personally, I would not count on them all being fixed, but it'll certainly be a game to be remembered, and one we'll put on our "Top 50 CRPGs of all time!" lists. The story, while not as memorable as some of our friend MCA's tales, is enjoyable and well-implemented, and, in little scenes here and there, you can still feel the master's hand.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
  • DLC 3 – “Beneath The Stolen Lands” – April, 2019* – A new game mode. Sometimes you want to play a story with memorable characters, rich lore, and a complicated set of choices and consequences. But then there are days when you just want to grab a sword, cast some spells, and destroy a horde of monsters! This DLC will introduce a rogue-like randomly generated endless dungeon, complete with a new unique boss. You can explore it in a separate game, or as a part of your main campaign. How deep can you go?

Diablo 1 to only limit the answer to mainstream, big budget titles.
If you want more indie, there are graphic dungeon crawlers with randomized levels, using all kinds of graphic projections, including some that are commonly referred as "isometric"/similar to what P:K uses. Though most don't offer level of graphics anywhere near P:K. You'll certainly find a couple here:
https://itch.io/games/tag-isometric/tag-roguelike
It's doable. But it would require a LOT of work to make such mode interesting. It's almost a different game, not something you can just put together in a couple of weeks in one of several DLCs. That's why I share your doubt.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Diablo 1 to only limit the answer to mainstream, big budget titles.
If you want more indie, there are graphic dungeon crawlers with randomized levels, using all kinds of graphic projections, including some that are commonly referred as "isometric"/similar to what P:K uses. Though most don't offer level of graphics anywhere near P:K. You'll certainly find a couple here:
https://itch.io/games/tag-isometric/tag-roguelike
It's doable. But it would require a LOT of work to make such mode interesting. It's almost a different game, that's why I share your doubt.

Aaaah, true, Diablo 1 had some procedural dungeon. Diablo 2 too, actually. Thanks for your detailed response.

I cannot even think the amount of effort needed to make an random isometric rogue-like. Its insane how a small developer like Owlcat can surprise me (or maybe this is easy to do?)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First thing that came to my mind when I saw that description:

intro2.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Neeshka. NEEEEEEEESHKA.

If that's her portrait, already not interested
Will romance Maegar "Bro" Varn with female enchantress
Hmm, what if you go alternative route with Maegar during main plot tho?
dungon, only interested if it is somewhat hand crafted.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I feel like the kid who's always asking Are we there yet, when it comes to how bugfree Kingmaker is

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
How nice, the game crashes to desktop during the final (?) boss in the throne room.

Are you using weird? It crashes the game.

Also, I am having textures glitches since patch 1.1. anyone else?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom