Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cool, now I only have to buy an SSD to be able to endure the loading times!

Loading time are still a bit long on an SSD, but I have to admit they're much shorter than they were on release.

Xeon

Augur
They really should implement something like a "show location names" checkbox on the map or soemthing.
I am using that, don't know how can someone play without it anyway but if someone tells me to go somewhere, I still have to look everywhere to find out where it is, scrolling or dragging or something on the map is pretty slow and in the name of locations, you normally get a red icon for an event, now if that shows up whenever something happens there then its perfect but it only shows up sometimes if you already visited that location, new locations not visited don't get that and sometimes some of them shine a little bit to help tell you it wasn't visited so that helps if you turn off the names but its not always.

Loading times seems a lot better than PoE2, and it takes about 3-4 seconds for me with no SSD but I don't think the problem is with the length of loading for me but the amount of loading, holy shit there is a lot of loading screens in this game. Tho the game started chugging a little bit in the vendor screen at later game, selling an item individually gotten slower, I guess selling things to one vendor only finally started to take effect.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have been watching dev stream. New stuff I noticed are:
1. Slayer class + Swordlord prestige class
2. Starting combat shows on on screen how hard the encounter is (lasts a few seconds) in a way of Easy/Normal/Hard. Probably adds together all enemy CR and compares to your party level.
3. You can now buy BP from kingdom management screen + problem/opportunity cards now have advisor image on it and tell you how many days are left without needing to click on each.
4. You can now use mercs as advisors. Also there is now something called Crisis Points, no idea what it does.
5. When resting on overland map your companions will talk to each other like when resting on maps. A small bubble of speech shows up over that companion portrait when it is talking.
6. Dev ran into a random encounter that was a peaceful one but he didn't enter it. But this was certainly something new.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
ArchAngel said:
3. You can now buy BP from kingdom management screen + problem/opportunity cards now have advisor image on it and tell you how many days are left without needing to click on each.
Man, this is great. Its a lot of hassle to buy BP from the vendor using the scroll thing, I saw a mod that automatically lets you buy BP from kingdom management as well, was planning on using it in my next playthrough so hopefully the change the devs will add works perfectly similar to it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
3. You can now buy BP from kingdom management screen
tenor.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there a way to play a kind of Shifter in this game? Aka are they effective. I know that as a Druid you gain a bunch of wild shapes, but can you create a build around them?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
well fuck.. stopped playing just before going to varnhold to do the varnhold's lot DLC and then got sidetracked by other stuff and haven't gone back..

Thinking I will just start again when the enhanced edition comes out. I assume it won't be a separate app like Divinity EE/wasteland 2 EE since there is already DLC tied to the game...

Yosharian

Arcane
Is there a way to play a kind of Shifter in this game? Aka are they effective. I know that as a Druid you gain a bunch of wild shapes, but can you create a build around them?
Sure. You can do the dragon thing if you are a wiz/sorc. Druid Wild Shape is ok.

Delterius

Arcane
Any self buffing Dragon Shifter is glorious. Abyssal Sorcerer does so particularly well. Problem is they take a long time to get going and the lesser polymorphs aren't nearly as good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I was kinda hoping a Druid to be the best Shifter and being able to create an effective build around the wild shapes ;d

Generic-Giant-Spider

Was going to do a new playthrough but may as well wait for the EE release.

Shit, how's the Varnhold DLC? I just realized I don't have it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So what's this about a "pre-set version" of the dungeon in the main campaign? That sounds like it could be promising. A reason for people who don't like procedural generation to buy the DLC.

Ruchy

Scholar
I was kinda hoping a Druid to be the best Shifter and being able to create an effective build around the wild shapes ;d
Druid shifters are.... ok but you will be constantly out shined by your Pet. The issue is Druids are already pretty good with a great spell list so improving wild shape I would think would make them over powered especially with the feat that allows spell casting while shifted (forgot the name).
I do find it interesting that so far in all expansions and main game they have not added a druid companion but you get two clerics.

volklore

Arcane
It all depends what difficulty you want to play on. Personally I think any non-retarded build works on difficulties up to challenging. Hard starts requiring a bit more thought but overall there is many ways to cover weaknesses with party members which most build guides don't mention. For example, having an alchemist with Infusion (allows you to cast self-buffs on others) in your party allows for A LOT of build flexibility. Unfair is just what the name says it is - you need to min-max that shit unless you want a headache.

Lawful neutral shifter druid built around trip can work really well with a traditional monk dip on hard (to be honest druid/monk is probably one of the less thematically retarded monk dip so there is that). On lower difficulty you probably do not need that monk dip. There is quite a lot of amulets of mighty fists in the game (gives +x enchants to your natural attacks) and a cloak that give your bite attacks free trip attempts that will work great as well.

Funnily enough I probably would not take the feat line allowing you to cast while shifted - if you want to focus on combat, you won't be able to ramp up your spell DC well enough for it to be worth it. Just buff in human form and shift. Defender of the true world is the pick.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Is there an RPG in existence in which a Druid Shifter is actually good? Now that I think about it, I can't really recall any. I haven't played a Druid in ToEE, so maybe there? The Shifter in NWN1 gets really good only in epic levels, when you get undead form.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom