Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Sykar

Arcane
I said FULL BaB does not matter as much - because it's much easier to stack riddiculous amounts of attacks/sneak damage/AB through buffs than in PnP. Obviously full BaB is good I just don't think it's as impactfull as in PnP or in games like ToEE for example. Obviously it's different when you play with less than 6 party members or parties that are low on support.

Again it depends on what you want and what full BAB class you use. Furthermore it is not like full BAB does not benefit from buffs or debuffs and you can add some sneak attack damage to them as well. The biggest problem is that there are no sneak attack immune mobs in the game afaik, that balanced sneak attack out in 3.5 Standard.
That and Vivi is so disgustingly out of balance that it frankly needs a good and hard nerf.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The biggest problem is that there are no sneak attack immune mobs in the game afaik, that balanced sneak attack out in 3.5 Standard.
...and that 2 melee dudes attacking same targets = Flanking.
...and that once 2 melee dudes attack the same target, even ranged characters benefit from free sneak attacks.

Sentinel

Arcane
I haven't seen any throwing axes or slings and i finished chapter 2. Did they really add them or did the patch notes for EE ruse me?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Axes yes, slings no.

Yes I'm also FURIOUS

It's worse than not having daggers +1 in game. What about halflings?
but at least there are now darts (although with 20 ft range they suck)

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Update 2.0.4 - June 17, 2019
17 JUN @ 4:20PM - MORTHEIM
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

• DLC3: some secret rooms were impossible to get into even after the player had detected the room and opened the door. Resolution: fixed.
  • A trap in Tenebrous Depths XIV could not be disarmed. Resolution: fixed
  • The respec caused Jaethal to lose the ability to wield the scythe. This happened when the respec was used on Jaethal no longer worshiping Urgathoa. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Slayer could take the Ranger Combat Style feat at every level. Resolution: fixed.
  • If the player completed Season of Bloom before the Enhanced Edition and loaded the saved game in Enhanced Edition with the Magical Lantern equipped on their character, they had two identical lantern abilities, one of which failed to disappear after the item was de-equipped. Resolution: fixed; now the redundant ability disappears when the player enters the Throne Room.
  • Both Kanerah and Kalikke were present inside the house at the Capital Square at the same time. Resolution: fixed.
  • After you killed the Spawn of Rovagug once, you could try fighting it again by showing your loot from the dungeon’s boss monsters to the dragon, which resulted in a broken cutscene. Now there is no such option: you can only kill the Spawn of Rovagug once in the plot dungeon.
  • At Technic League Encampment, the final dialogue with Kalannah could have been terminated early with no way to resume it. Resolution: fixed by adding an option to resume the dialogue with Kalannah.
  • In some cases, mercenary advisors could fail to resolve the rank-up events. Resolution: fixed.
  • Items: wands with cantrips were worth 0 gold. Resolution: fixed.
  • Items: Throwing Axes behaved like a melee weapon. Resolution: fixed.
  • Audio: some Linux users experienced sound issues. Resolution: fixed.
  • When you loaded an autosave, some modifiers were incorrectly applied to enemies multiple times. Resolution: multiple modifiers are no longer applied. Most extra modifiers have been removed from the game saves that already had this error; however, it may not be possible to clear all the effects completely.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So at least this time i'm past Oleg outpost. Lvl 2. Spent all my money in respec mod just to change portraits for Amiri, Valerie and Linzi. I don't need stupid Octavia so now i just need to get Jaethal and rush to Stag Lord for tiefling sisters and reward. Getting both land AND sword is very important for my samurai girl.
So how much more exp in the game now with all dlcs? Should i set slower xp gain for party?

Oh, one more thing - i need to prepare two portraits for tieflings, right?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
RV5TsUZ.png

And I keep wondering why these fucking low level goons can almost two-shot my front line. Bravo Owlcat.
This is on custom with everything set to normal too.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You never read SRDs?

(it's total AB, not enchant. it is always written in d20 like that)

I don't play Pozzfinder as table top, so no. I guess that makes more sense than giving them +7 swords. The bandit camp is still an RNG fest. I've been through that piece of shit on both custom and Challenging before and it is never fun or strategic fighting these fuckers.

Codex Year of the Donut
I haven't seen any throwing axes or slings and i finished chapter 2. Did they really add them or did the patch notes for EE ruse me?

Axes yes, slings no.

Yes I'm also FURIOUS

I found a sling in my playthrough

Gregz

Arcane

Axes yes, slings no.

Yes I'm also FURIOUS

Good thing there's no crafting though, right guys? Right?

Codex Year of the Donut

Axes yes, slings no.

Yes I'm also FURIOUS

Good thing there's no crafting though, right guys? Right?
The game was already unfinished at release, give them a break
Although I would like more DLC implementing that stuff. The scroll vendor + more spells was a move in the right direction

Yosharian

Arcane
To be fair, one has to wonder that Owlcat can't just crank out a couple of magic slings and dump them into the game vendors. Seems kinda lazy.

Shadenuat

Arcane
There are no slings, there's no animation for them you clowns. Just the Fist.

First one can't move his mouse right to scroll the screen to make characters run, then can't read SRD template and thinks bandits are armed with +7 swords. now this

oh woe on me

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom