Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm aware that AC only reduces the odds of getting hit, but if the one shots are consistent enough to matter, something other than the build is still an issue.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well use bag of tricks or something.

In my opinion most fitting class for her would be Hellknight.
She's not anal enough about Law. Hellknights are so fucking autistic they've modeled a world philosophy around Hell itself just because its structured.

Codex Year of the Donut
She's clearly just a knight, nothing wrong with her being a fighter beyond fighters sort of sucking as tanks in this game.
If you want to make her good because her stats suck you get thug levels until you get the feat that causes enemies to be frightened on intimidation along with dazzling display, spammable aoe fear

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Slayer is a d10 HD class with medium armor. I think we can safely say if archers randomly one shooting them is a problem
Armor does nothing to reduce damage unless it's armor with DR(and DR is only good vs things that attack fast and light, not slow and heavy)
Random one-shots or near one-shots are always going to happen, it's a flaw of the AC system -- along with AC being worthless unless you stack it.

Again, being missed on iterative attacks and not always being critted isn't useless.

Codex Year of the Donut
Slayer is a d10 HD class with medium armor. I think we can safely say if archers randomly one shooting them is a problem
Armor does nothing to reduce damage unless it's armor with DR(and DR is only good vs things that attack fast and light, not slow and heavy)
Random one-shots or near one-shots are always going to happen, it's a flaw of the AC system -- along with AC being worthless unless you stack it.

Again, being missed on iterative attacks and not always being critted isn't useless.
On higher difficulties you'll never have enough AC to be within d20 range of enemies unless you stack it, therefore it's worthless.
on lower difficulties, who cares do w/e

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

On higher difficulties you'll never have enough AC to be within d20 range of enemies unless you stack it, therefore it's worthless.
on lower difficulties, who cares do w/e
I'm not going to pretend to have played Unfair at higher levels, but given that iterative attacks come with their own -5, -10, etc., penalties, it should still help, but more importantly, you still have to confirm to hit on a critical hit, and just avoiding those damage spikes could be worth it.

Unless, of course, you're saying that all enemies will hit with all their attacks regardless of your AC, which is pretty wild.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You may know him from ... Steam.
Oh, so that's the SocJus gaywad that banned me for no good reason, and he ended up getting a promotion?

:argh:
Tbh he also banned a tumblr girl on steam a few times to the point that she almost raged while she was arguing over feminism. Although Waves of Exhaustion metaguy baited her on purpose to go down in flames together with her.

Only for 2 days but there was peace...

...and then it all began anew.

I got a few warnings so far but did not get banned, but I do not cross the line and carefully maneuvre around trolling and being a good demon.

Imo the most hilarious troll (and I am not even sure he is trolling) is Dixon. He just fanboys in a hilariously open way.

He began by claiming that Unfair is worst designed game he ever played but after finishing game now claims this is the best game he ever played in his life etc.
I got banned pretty early for trolling (and it was my first trolling attempt). Someone opened a topic to ask why are gays underrepresented, that they only got Regongar as their option. I left a post asking for animals to romance as well and Linzi to be an option, claimed those groups are unfairly underrepresented as well :D

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm glad to see that they've ironed out almost all the bugs, but continue the tradition. I just tried out the respeccing mechanic on Amiri. She kept Power Attack. Why did she keep Power Attack? It's a mystery.
Someone opened a topic to ask why are gays underrepresented, that they only got Regongar as their option
That's overrepresented.
Objectively, even.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Iirc amiri has power attack at level 1 doesn't she?
The respec tool only resets companions to their default state
Nope. I actually loaded an earlier save just to check if she did or not, but she didn't. She starts with Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword (from Human) and Toughness (from Barbarian 1), confirmed by her class progression page. But if you respec her, this changes to EWP: BS (again, from Human) and... Power Attack (from Barb 1). However... she still gets Toughness. Somehow.

Bonus round: I reloaded, manually removed both Toughness and Power Attack from her, and then used the respec function - same result.

Whatever template it pulls the Lvl 1 characters from for use with the respec function isn't the same template that is actually used when originally assigning the characters, or something; and in the former template, Amiri gets Power Attack instead of Toughness, and gets Toughness from fucking nowhere.

Codex Year of the Donut
Nope. I actually loaded an earlier save just to check if she did or not, but she didn't. She starts with Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword (from Human) and Toughness (from Barbarian 1), confirmed by her class progression page. But if you respec her, this changes to EWP: BS (again, from Human) and... Power Attack (from Barb 1). However... she still gets Toughness. Somehow.

Bonus round: I reloaded, manually removed both Toughness and Power Attack from her, and then used the respec function - same result.

Whatever template it pulls the Lvl 1 characters from for use with the respec function isn't the same template that is actually used when originally assigning the characters, or something; and in the former template, Amiri gets Power Attack instead of Toughness, and gets Toughness from fucking nowhere.
The ingame respec tool sucks anyways due to limitations I listed & not letting casters that learn from scrolls keep their learned spells
use this: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/7

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Oh, it gets better: She also kept/gained Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword.
:shredder:

The ingame respec tool sucks anyways due to limitations I listed & not letting casters that learn from scrolls keep their learned spells
I don't really like it, since it also resets the looks and shit of companions, which is just a fucking hassle to get right again. The only reason I'm even respeccing is to unfuck the fuckups of another mod.

Codex Year of the Donut
Oh, it gets better: She also kept/gained Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword.
:shredder:

I don't really like it, since it also resets the looks and shit of companions, which is just a fucking hassle to get right again. The only reason I'm even respeccing is to unfuck the fuckups of another mod.

• Version 1.6.1
    • Now portrait is selected automatically.
    • Added feature to save alignment.
    • The appearance can be reset to the original one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom