Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I love this game in a way similar i loved Baldur's, anyone knows anything about Pathfinder 2 or any kind of sequel. This kind of games is what i love the most in crpg's , i wish same for Pillars 3 and Tyranny 2 too.
If you want to know about pathfinder 2e mechanics, there is this video of a campaign in pure Pathfinder 2e
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0RypeXjabU

Don't worry, it is not critical role, the GM is actually Jason Bulmahn, one of the creators of the 2e and actually an incredible Gm
Owlcat is almost definitely not going to use 2e Pathfinder rules for their 2nd game, they have already said that Paizo will let them keep using PF1 rule set for future games, and it would be a ton of work to change the rules instead of just using their current base from Kingmaker.
This is major :incline: as far as I'm concerned because I think 2nd edition PF is garbage.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I love this game in a way similar i loved Baldur's, anyone knows anything about Pathfinder 2 or any kind of sequel. This kind of games is what i love the most in crpg's , i wish same for Pillars 3 and Tyranny 2 too.
If you want to know about pathfinder 2e mechanics, there is this video of a campaign in pure Pathfinder 2e
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0RypeXjabU

Don't worry, it is not critical role, the GM is actually Jason Bulmahn, one of the creators of the 2e and actually an incredible Gm
Owlcat is almost definitely not going to use 2e Pathfinder rules for their 2nd game, they have already said that Paizo will let them keep using PF1 rule set for future games, and it would be a ton of work to change the rules instead of just using their current base from Kingmaker.
This is major :incline: as far as I'm concerned because I think 2nd edition PF is garbage.

What are the main differences?

_Vic_

Educated
Second chapter, there is a floating skull with 40,000 AC and and an insta-gib breath attack that does 4 million damage. But, BUTTTT, he can be one shot by a special potion found in a corner of some tiny optional map.

Pathfinder Kingmaker din't had gimmicky battles or hard battles. And you can put on story if you are struggling in a battle.

In fact, here is an guy soloing the last boss on unfair

They should "make the rules more relaxed" to "cater to a larger audience"; "reduce the difficulty for casual players" and work out things that "In the tabletop works fine, but do not work well in modern videogames" like "misses, slow levelups, spell slots"

Yeah, they should do that, and add cooldowns, no misses and all fights winnable with auto-attack and all possible classes and spells. Add DLCs with cool colored armors and pay-to-win boxes. And a playable battle royale mode. That would be cool

Amazing ideas. Only to add one more. Make the monk unarmed attacks and the casters spell damage scale with how big and sharp their axes are, and get rid of immunities and DR, let the players burn an fire elemental to death, let swords be effective against skeletons as an mace. That makes perfectly sense. Jay Wilson will love to see it on PfK2. And implement an dialog wheel. Bioware and BUGthesda will love it. And remove attributes and skills, make everyone an clone, like wow. Blizzard will love it

Don´t forget to make axes do double damage to swarms. No, just one-hit kills to be safe.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

According to a reddit user "
Pathfinder and 5E is how the numbers scale as levels increase. 5E is less than linear as levels increase. The bonus a 5e player adds to their rolls doesn't grow that much as he levels. In Pathfinder, that bonus scales way up as level increases. Also, in 5e, there are hard caps on ability scores, whereas in Pathfinder the sky's the limit. Baddies also reflect that progression.

A Pathfinder CR21 enemy, https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/clockwork/clockwork-reliquary for example, might have an armor class of 40. A 5e CR21 monster will only have an AC of 22, at most.

lvl 20 pathfinder characters are demi-gods. Lvl 20 5e characters are just really skilled." https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder..._are_the_main_differences_between_pathfinder/

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
It's a complete overhaul of every class and system. They basically nerfed every class, simplified the action system into "everyone has 3 AP," crits now happen if you beat their Defense by a certain roll (like in PoE), heavy armor is even worse than it used to be, among other changes. Oh and they took a giant shit on Paladins :negative:

_Vic_

Educated
It's a complete overhaul of every class and system. They basically nerfed every class, simplified the action system into "everyone has 3 AP," crits now happen if you beat their Defense by a certain roll (like in PoE), heavy armor is even worse than it used to be, among other changes. Oh and they took a giant shit on Paladins :negative:
Usually by 10. And you do not have to roll to confirm criticals. o.O

Ed: If they make their next game with pathfinder as Lawntoilet said, It would be ok for me. as long as they keep the "kingmaker" part.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

IF was WotC, they would force then to go to pathfinder 2e...

I an neutral since i read little about 2e, IMO they are trying to streamline to appeal to D&D 5e fans...

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

IF was WotC, they would force then to go to pathfinder 2e...

I an neutral since i read little about 2e, IMO they are trying to streamline to appeal to D&D 5e fans...
I don't think it resembles 5e at all and I also don't think it's particularly streamlined - the PHB is like twice as long as the 5e PHB.
It resembles 4e more in my opinion, but 4e was way better and less convoluted than PF2e.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looking at the magical weapons available it seems to me that the runeblade scimitars are the best choice for a strength-based Magus.
They're good for sure, probably the best-distributed Magus weapon. The other options I'd suggest are Dueling Sword (specifically for Bloodhound) or Longsword (specifically for Perfection, the +7 sword)

Bloodhound is okay, not spectacular.
Longsword is a good pick though - not so much for Perfection, but for Redeemer, the x3 crit holy fiery longsword (that you may never get).
Other top picks include falcatas (with the early Lions Claw +3 15-20/x3) and estocs (with end game Blinding Light 15-20/x3). Those require exotic proficiency though.

ArchAngel

Arcane

According to a reddit user "
Pathfinder and 5E is how the numbers scale as levels increase. 5E is less than linear as levels increase. The bonus a 5e player adds to their rolls doesn't grow that much as he levels. In Pathfinder, that bonus scales way up as level increases. Also, in 5e, there are hard caps on ability scores, whereas in Pathfinder the sky's the limit. Baddies also reflect that progression.

A Pathfinder CR21 enemy, https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/clockwork/clockwork-reliquary for example, might have an armor class of 40. A 5e CR21 monster will only have an AC of 22, at most.

lvl 20 pathfinder characters are demi-gods. Lvl 20 5e characters are just really skilled." https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder..._are_the_main_differences_between_pathfinder/
And I like that about 5e. They removed most of the lvl 10+ characters becoming superheroes and then demi gods issue that D&D had since 3.0. AD&D had that issue as well but much lessened compared to 3.0 and above.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And I like that about 5e. They removed most of the lvl 10+ characters becoming superheroes and then demi gods issue that D&D had since 3.0. AD&D had that issue as well but much lessened compared to 3.0 and above.

I don't think that is a issue. IMO anything stronger than lv 10 should be insanely powerful and get any level past 10 should take much more time.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I don't think that is a issue. IMO anything stronger than lv 10 should be insanely powerful and get any level past 10 should take much more time.
Nah, I like it when it is more realistic. lvl 10 + can easily beat any lvl 5 guy but will lose to 10 lvl 5 guys. in 3.0 lvl 10+ could beat a huge number of lvl 5 guys due to how power went up exponentially due to class abilities and access to much better magic gear.

_Vic_

Educated
They just do not hit you and your spells are impossible-to-save-one-hit-kill buttons against much low-level foes. You deal too much hit-die damage.

But in a good campaign setting, you do not have encounters so far behind your level. Not even random encounters if you follow the tables.

Yosharian

Arcane
Crane Wing isn't a modal, is it? I believe Crane Wing works automatically. So even if using Spellstrike/Spell Combat turns off Crane Wing, it will automatically be used once that action is finished, and you're not going to be casting a spell every time. Crane Wing is still a great choice. If it was a modal and was turned off every time you cast a spell, that would be a different matter.

Working from memory so might be incorrect - but I think it kicks in when the Defensive Fighting modal is on.
Yes, and Defensive Fighting isn't turned off by Spellstrike/SC.

deama

Prophet
Are there romances yet?

Also, does the EE version come with turn based mode or is that a mod?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nah, I like it when it is more realistic. lvl 10 + can easily beat any lvl 5 guy but will lose to 10 lvl 5 guys. in 3.0 lvl 10+ could beat a huge number of lvl 5 guys due to how power went up exponentially due to class abilities and access to much better magic gear.

Looking to PfK campaign, your charname's levels during OC, of course, levels approximated since solo or full party, side quests, skill chekcs and random encounters can affect >
At lv 4~6 => Baron of an small land
Lv 8~11 => Solved an problem involving Trolls, creatures that can defeat easily small villages
Lv 12~15 => Fighting an undead cyclops army and invading an Lich's Lair
Lv 18~20 => Literally fighting deities.

Leveling is not linear on PfK. This is why an Ancient silver dragon(CR 19) offers much more XP(204,800) than 5 Adult silver dragons(CR = 14) (192000 = 38,400 * 5), leveling is not about an linear progression and i particularly like i. Took much more time for me to go from lv 10 to 15 on PfK than from 0 to 10...

deama

Prophet
Are there romances yet?

There always were romances in the game since release.

TB mode is a mod.
There were? Cause I tried romancing the babarian chick but it never happened.
Also, are the romances any good? Like, can you have sex or is it just a kiss and that's it, end of story?

Codex Year of the Donut
Are there romances yet?

TB mode is a mod.
Also, are the romances any good? Like, can you have sex or is it just a kiss and that's it, end of story?
Amiri is an iconic character from Pathfinder, she's not a romance option.

deama

Prophet
Are there romances yet?

TB mode is a mod.
Amiri is an iconic character from Pathfinder, she's not a romance option.
Ah fuck no, she's like the only decent character in the whole game! I guess paladin it is...
Have they added new companions since release version?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom