Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Edition - RTwP incline from Owlcat Games

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    We already know that for PKM2 they are taking another of Paizo's modules and turning it into a computer game using same engine and ruleset. So story will not be connected in any way with PKM. At best we might meet some of the NPCs we see in PKM (like Storyteller - this is my guess), this depends on if the story takes place before, during or after PKM since new game will be in another area and characters cannot be at multiple places at once.

My guess is that we will get another iconic character to join our team in this game like we had Amiri in PKM.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Desiderius Educated Patron

Desiderius
    Sneak attack isn’t what’s doing all that damage. 3.5 here and there in dribs and drabs. It’s fine but not game-breaking.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. _Vic_ Educated

_Vic_
    I´ll be happy if they keep the "kingmaker" part of the game. Also more companions (as in higher number of companions) would be welcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Desiderius Educated Patron

Desiderius
    Nok-now is fine, but your other dudes are underperforming. Anyone can attack with the off-hand with no penalty with the two-weapon fighting feat. Make sure to use a light weapon, like Nok-nok’s kukris. Interesting that his double slice knows to give him DEX to damage on the off-hand. Same with Varn in the DLC.

Improved and greater give extra off-hand attacks. I like to give Nok five levels of fighter for weapon specialization and training so you can wear duelist gloves, so he can get to the magic 11 BAB on time, armor training to use his full dex, and to catch him up on feats.

^ Top  
  5. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    A very build-specific amount of damage exactly three times per day versus literally-any-moron-can-pull-this-off amount of damage infinite times per day. You're not really making much of a case here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Peacefriend Novice

Peacefriend
    Is the game complete now? I've been waiting until all big official patches and expansions are over with.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. gurugeorge Literate

gurugeorge
    Smooth as a baby's bottom mate, I'm nearly done on one of my playthroughs (got 3 on the go) and haven't encountered anything game-breaking. Definitely go for it. (And give the Turn-Based mod a try, you can switch between TB and RTWP on the fly.)

On the question of wishlists for P:K2, something on my personal wishlist is MORE ICONS. There are a gazillion abilities in P:K and the developers have created a shitload of icons for them, but they still don't cover it all and many of them are re-used.

Everything. Must. Have. A. Unique. Icon.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  8. S0rcererV1ct0r Learned

S0rcererV1ct0r
    Recently finished the game and din't found any game breaking bug. On my first run last year, i found many.... TBH only the house of edge of time was game breaking, but game breaking due awful dungeon design, not due bugs. And you will have an long time until this dungeon.

^ Top  
  9. Haplo Arbiter Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Very build specific? If you call Arcane Trickster a very special build, I suppose?

3 times per day? I guess. But if you just maximize that spell (which you can probably do at least 8 times), it's still 250+ damage at level 20. Party friendly and stunning enemies.

How much more you need in a party between rests?

^ Top  
  10. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Finished the Forgotten Heroes dungeon last night. An interesting puzzle, but it ruins it by forcing you to split the party when there's an NPC right there who, despite being grateful for you saving his life, can't be asked to press a button for an hour. That NPC in general is a poor design since Cure Blindness (at least from a scroll) did not work on him.

Most of the iconics aren't that interesting as NPCs. Amiri was only in Kingmaker from personal favoritism of suits.

I think any sequel really needs to greatly expand the bestiary. As for classes, Oracle, Witch, Arcanist, Bloodrager, Hunter, Skald and Warpriest are all easily implemented as they have very few abilities that do something unusual and many abilities outright reused from existing classes (mods have already added all but two and there's a WIP for Arcanist). Seven new classes would improve variety. Each existing class has at least one good archetype they could add (alongside picking multiple archetypes when applicable) aside from Wizard (who could have elemental schools added instead) and maybe Kineticist who could have Aether added as an element (Widely considered far and away the best element in PnP, though the constraints of a video game would bring it down to merely good. Throwing around enemies is fun and there's forced movement effects in the game, like bullrush and pit spells, so clearly forcibly moving enemies won't break the engine.)

Engine wise, I'd like to see familiars better implemented, be able to equip them and animal companions with items, proper implementation of bucklers, ability to wear 0 ACP armor without proficiency and separation of the handband slot from the helmet slot (per PnP) so all the helmets in the game aren't useless. Implement traits and fully include FCB (alternate picks for human spontaneous casters and warpriests are important). That and include turn based combat officially.

^ Top  
  11. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Owlcat should just make an OGL game with no ties to pathfinder so they don't have to worry about paizo meddling.
    It's not like the pathfinder lore is particularly interesting… or even good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Why is full camera control not in the game? Every area I've seen works fine with it modded in.

rusty_shackleford
    Rules wise yes. The main thing the license gives is the adventure path the module is based on. Some parts are a lot truer to it than others though, though so far it seems to rarely get to the level of straight out copying the books like Temple of Elemental Evil did.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. S0rcererV1ct0r Learned

S0rcererV1ct0r
    I strongly disagree. The lore of PF:KM was amazing. Finally an game who treated feyfolk with the well deserved deserved respect.

• Agree x 3
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. btbgfel Learned

btbgfel
    You can reroll with blindfight, I missed that. Sorry:negative: Thanks for pointing it out, I will reroll now:dealwithit:
    The source is 2.0.1 blueprints on github (bag of trick has a link to it), but it can change from 2.0.2 to 2.0.6

^ Top  
  15. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Kineticist's burn in PnP has some clauses making it not really work with no con (Read: Undead and most constructs) creatures. Do these apply to Jaethal or can she accept burn normally?

^ Top  
  16. S0rcererV1ct0r Learned

S0rcererV1ct0r
    Good question. And those with resistance/immunity to non lethal damage? Eg : Sorcerer of undead bloodline? i know that on pfkm undead bloodline DR is different than on pnp

^ Top  
  17. Pretty Prophet Patron

Pretty
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    PK2 should be about pirtates!
    Instead of kingdom you maintain pirate island.
    You can be evil pirate or good pirate.
    It has black elves who live underground and worship bug goddess and humanoid squids with brain power.

• Funny x 3
    • incline x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    I thought the only use for the fey is "condom"?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. S0rcererV1ct0r Learned

S0rcererV1ct0r
    jabberwock is technically an feyworld creature... hu3hu3hu3hu3

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  20. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    An aberration is an aberration, regardless of whether it is a ball of eyes in the Prime or a starship piloting squidhead or making living as a Jar Jar standin in the feyworld.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Haplo Arbiter Patron

Haplo
    Also for general party friendliness, I tend to prefer Kinetic Knights. Party friendly 0 Burn Blade Whirlwind after movement FTW!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    One more thing a sequel needs to fix: Everything having such a short range. Entangle is unusable because of this: It's AoE is greater than its range.

Anyways, the Fey tentacles debate thing was hilarious. Is there a list of answers? I asked about the gnomes, the blight and why they held it. What answers do others give?

^ Top  
  23. S0rcererV1ct0r Learned

S0rcererV1ct0r
    Yep. Horrid Wilting is almost useless due the nerf toy range...

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Haplo Arbiter Patron

Haplo
    Well, with Entangle and similar there's a simple fix: Featherstep.

^ Top  
  25. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    I'm playing Sylvan Sorcerer. No Feather Step. Even then casting it 6+ times is excessive just to use a single first level spell.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)