Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah I wonder how many dozens of bug reports they've got for:

- Sorcerers and Eldritch Scions with the Arcane or Sage bloodline were unable to use their Bond item to restore spells. Resolution: fixed.

There was a little kid losing every last bit of his shit all over the Steam forums on that one last week.

deuxhero

Arcane
In the Pitax Royal Palace now. Sound is glitching all over the place. Sometimes it stops entirely, others it's just the music. First happened during the battle at the gates.

Before that though I finished the grimoire quest. How much of this was written by the Codex and how much was Owlcat going off an outline? I thought it was hilarious.

deuxhero

Arcane
Already did before you posted that. Fixed the issue.

Man, Pitax really feels unfinished. Nobody really notes you've killed Irovetti beyond the chapter transition narration and riot at the academy (where idiots try to burn down a stone building...). The Abbey is literally a straight line. So far it and the palace the only maps in the entire game that's simpler than the AP version. All the Pitax NPCs are pretty much just minibosses with no explanation.

Zumbabul

Savant
In my opinion, the quality of the game drops after coronation. First third of the game is awesome, second third is great, last third is ok. However, a lot of great rpgs drops quality at the end. So I guess it is ok. After all, it is a miracle that they finished and polished this game. Hope their next game will be even better.

For my next run I have a stopping point. Coronation = the game is finished.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
In my opinion, the quality of the game drops after coronation. First third of the game is awesome, second third is great, last third is ok. However, a lot of great rpgs drops quality at the end. So I guess it is ok. After all, it is a miracle that they finished and polished this game. Hope their next game will be even better.

For my next run I have a stopping point. Coronation = the game is finished.

The game peaks at Pitax and falls off a cliff afterwards.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I liked Pitax. And I liked hunt after Lantern King. Only hunting for 3 keys in HaeoT was irritating.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So did this patch break mods or something? I have not tried to run the game yet after it so I would like to know if I need to update my TB mod or something.

Zumbabul

Savant
Don't get me wrong, I also liked Pitax and house. But, they are just not as good as the first two chapters.

Desiderius

Patron
Don't get me wrong, I also liked Pitax and house. But, they are just not as good as the first two chapters.

Most of Pitax chapter seems like two difficulty levels lower than say, Vordokai. I town full of bards could have been a big challenge. Instead they’re all way under leveled.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
When I have played Anno 1404, there was a post-processing utility that enhanced the colors of the game (SweetFX/ReShade).

Pathfinder badly needs this. I don't know why, but the colors seem bleached and there is a constant foggy effect (and I am not referring to the story created fog). Why nobody addressed this yet? I am sure the game would benefit from enhanced contrast and more color saturation.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is really annoying Depth of Field option in Graphic setting that blurs parts of map/models that are "far enough" from camera. Especially noticeable on higher resolutions where you have larger field of view.

You could try to switch it off (and maybe HBAO filters too) for sharper graphics.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Depth of Field is already off in my settings. It seems they have overdone some kind of particles effect, like there is a cloud of dust floating over the entire scene.

ArchAngel

Arcane
When I have played Anno 1404, there was a post-processing utility that enhanced the colors of the game (SweetFX/ReShade).

Pathfinder badly needs this. I don't know why, but the colors seem bleached and there is a constant foggy effect (and I am not referring to the story created fog). Why nobody addressed this yet? I am sure the game would benefit from enhanced contrast and more color saturation.
I have not noticed this.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Just check the screenshot posted on the previous page. It is a blurry mess and if you enlarge the image there is a noticeable noise effect covering the entire landscape.

Zumbabul

Savant
I have noticed an interesting thing. The DC for perception check to detect a trap and the DC for disarming it are the same. Never encounter it to be different. So if you want to estimate your odds at disarming a trap, you can refer to DC from the perception check.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hm, my unmodified picture is sharper than this Sweet FX (If you check image in original quality)

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I have noticed an interesting thing. The DC for perception check to detect a trap and the DC for disarming it are the same. Never encounter it to be different. So if you want to estimate your odds at disarming a trap, you can refer to DC from the perception check.

Also, Find Traps does in fact boost your Perception for finding traps, not overall Perception as the spell says. Shows up in the log. So if you need to find a tricksy trap (like the one in front of a certain Wererat Lair) Find Traps can help.

Last edited:
Yeah, not sure what that graphics mod is doing. My unmodified installation already looks like the improved depiction. I don't believe my settings are even maximized.

Desiderius

Patron
Whats your take for dual wielding?
Most optimised dex dual wielder for hard?
Slayer?weapon option?

You can get the feats from Combat Style (Ranger/Slayer) without the DEX. Gets the most attacks, so anything that procs per attack (like sneaks) is extra good.

Do need full attacks tho, on targets that will stay alive long enough to be hit eight times.

Can use Ornery Throwing Axe in off-hand if you want to try ranged. Easier to get full attacks from range since you don’t have to move as much. That’s why your combat log fills up with Ekun spam when you use him.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Whats your take for dual wielding?
Most optimised dex dual wielder for hard?
Slayer?weapon option?
Pure rogue or pure fighter. or a Rogue 4/Fighter rest. Or maybe some of the prestige classes.

Well, clearly a Vivisectionist 16 / Rogue 4 or Vivi 12 / Rogue 8 is superior to pure rogue. Or with a monk dip.

But I guess a Slayer is cool also.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom