Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm playing a str-based dual wielding mnk1/archaeologist 2/dd 4/slayer 10 (and then either 2 more slayer, arch, or paladin). It's... a slow starter and I'm not sure I recommend it, but I wanted to have access to mirror image/sense vitals/etc. and uncanny dodge, and also wanted to try something a bit different than the usual vivi splash or ss build.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Whats your take for dual wielding?
Most optimised dex dual wielder for hard?
Slayer?weapon option?
Pure rogue or pure fighter. or a Rogue 4/Fighter rest. Or maybe some of the prestige classes.

Well, clearly a Vivisectionist 16 / Rogue 4 or Vivi 12 / Rogue 8 is superior to pure rogue. Or with a monk dip.

But I guess a Slayer is cool also.
By pure Rogue I mean someone that gives best sneak attack progression. With many smaller attacks one wants most bonuses to damage. Pure fighter or pure rogue progression gives most. If one uses mods that fix flank pure fighter becomes even better option. You can go all into Dex, get fighter weapon training and Greater Weapon spec and high level critical feats. With amount of attacks that don't miss you will be applying critical effects often.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Okay. I'm going to play this game for reals with a full custom party. I've made my usual f,c,m,t because I'm a old fuck afraid of all the fancy sub classes and shit. Recommend some fun stuff to put in the 2 last slots. I definitely need another frontliner.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Better sharpness is nice but everything being much brighter is not.

Not necessary brighter, but more color I won't mind. It's not like the game has some dark atmosphere, it's generic fantasy setting with sunny hills and green bushes, full of prowling owlbears that one-shot unwary travelers.

Hm, my unmodified picture is sharper than this Sweet FX (If you check image in original quality)

I wish my game would like like yours. But on my laptop, with medium graphic settings, it looks much more closer to what's displayed in the shader page, "original" side of the screenshots :negative:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Better sharpness is nice but everything being much brighter is not.

Not necessary brighter, but more color I won't mind. It's not like the game has some dark atmosphere, it's generic fantasy setting with sunny hills and green bushes, full of prowling owlbears that one-shot unwary travelers.
That is because in this world Dragons shapeshift into Owlbears and not humans.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Slayer?weapon option?
Pure rogue or pure fighter. or a Rogue 4/Fighter rest. Or maybe some of the prestige classes.
Slayer?weapon option?

Well, clearly a Vivisectionist 16 / Rogue 4 or Vivi 12 / Rogue 8 is superior to pure rogue. Or with a monk dip.

Quad Debilitating (double choices and effect) has got to be worth it for at least Rogue 12.

Edit: Forgot you told me Vivi levels advance Rogue Talents.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Ranger 10/Vivi8/Barb2

STR-build to use that cool double light saber leaded and enlarged.

deuxhero

Arcane
Is there more precise release date of the console port than "2019"? I don'tcare about the port itself, but I'm guessing they're going to save announcements of the next project for after that is released.

entr0py

Scholar
Okay. I'm going to play this game for reals with a full custom party. I've made my usual f,c,m,t because I'm a old fuck afraid of all the fancy sub classes and shit. Recommend some fun stuff to put in the 2 last slots. I definitely need another frontliner.

Kinetic Knight is very unique and can be a second tank.
Also if you are playing with turn based mod, Magus (especially Sword Saint) is also a pretty fun class.
An Archer type of character would also be good in your team, some hybrid of slayer/freebooter/rogue probably so you can apply rogue debuffs with two toons

Motherfucking Visicount Smoulderburn. I passed the lore checks. I understood the risk. I memorized protection from energy due to the clues. I even had remove fear on each of my clerics (standard). What made this encounter total bullshit, is that everything is going well in round 2 and I start using my wands. Asshole casts Shield. That's just fucked up.

Desiderius

Patron

Kinetic Knight is very unique and can be a second tank.
Also if you are playing with turn based mod, Magus (especially Sword Saint) is also a pretty fun class.
An Archer type of character would also be good in your team, some hybrid of slayer/freebooter/rogue probably so you can apply rogue debuffs with two toons

Be careful with multiple Rogues. I was looking forward to Nok-nok having Double Debilitation but Octavia kept canceling it. Archers need full attacks so aren't the best for Freebooter. Bane, Charge, Bane, Charge, Bane, Cleave is a good pattern for Freebooter.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A Bard would be handy. Or at least a Sensei monk. Although I like Dirge of Doom too much to pick Sensei.

deuxhero

Arcane
Archers are really powerful in this game due to lack of cover, and flanking being a condition instead of a bonus for the flankers only (which it should have been in the first place).

My party has been a Sylvan Sorcerer, an aberrant bloodrager, an archer cleric that self buffs with their own animal companion, and a wizard/rogue/arcane trickster with the last two slots being filled by companions. Biggest flaw has been the lack of long lasting buffs (most last rounds per level or are on other lists) on the cleric list and that there isn't really time to use it, so the cleric isn't as useful most of the time. She's really important for condition removal of conditions that require a caster level check, which is hard to do with a non-Cleric. I liked being able to drop stinking cloud on the enemies and have the bloodrager (who is immune to the condition) and ranged attackers pound on the enemies.

Next play I think I'll go Wizard with a Warpriest companion and 4 companions.

Desiderius

Patron
A Bard would be handy. Or at least a Sensei monk. Although I like Dirge of Doom too much to pick Sensei.

+3 for the good guys, -2 for the bad guys. So is that one difficulty level or two?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Motherfucking Visicount Smoulderburn. I passed the lore checks. I understood the risk. I memorized protection from energy due to the clues. I even had remove fear on each of my clerics (standard). What made this encounter total bullshit, is that everything is going well in round 2 and I start using my wands. Asshole casts Shield. That's just fucked up.
designer 1: "will o wisps are immune to magic but magic missile is useful"-writes into title screens
designer 2: (gives all will o wisps 9 sorcerer levels and Shield spell)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Slayer?weapon option?
Slayer?weapon option?

Quad Debilitating (double choices and effect) has got to be worth it for at least Rogue 12.

Blinding Critical is better than any rogue debilitation and works without flanking.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
designer 2: (gives all will o wisps 9 sorcerer levels and Shield spell)
Smoulderburn has only 4 Sorc levels, all others are generic Abberation class, - bare minimum to cast Shield and Fear. And he still cases negative reviews on Steam. Imagine how much trauma he caused with 9...

Shadenuat

Arcane
but honestly why begin game with will o wisps immune to magic missile lol
it's like owlbears with x2 iron will

Removing pre-designed weaknesses from pnp monsters early is pants. Just reinforces Regongar with giant club as answer to everything.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I would have added bard and some pet class, Ranger or Sacred Huntmaster inquisitor, if Cleric does not have Amimal domain. Combat prowess aside, additional 1-2k lbs on encumbrance limit is something I'd never give up.

it's like owlbears with x2 iron will
I wonder if will see winged Owlbears with flying immunities at the start of next game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Slayer?weapon option?
Slayer?weapon option?

Blinding Critical is better than any rogue debilitation and works without flanking.

Blind is pretty great, agreed. But there are other application methods, sometimes superior. Starting with the lowly level 2 Glitterdust spell.
Also Greater Invisibility buff can provide similar benefits vs most enemies.
Plus with Shatter Defenses you gain some of its big benefits semi-permanently.

Debilitation on the other hand stacks with other debuffs....

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

+3 for the good guys, -2 for the bad guys. So is that one difficulty level or two?

Depends on stage of the game: 1 early, 2 late :P
But that's just the part of it. Fun starts when you combine Dirge with Shatter Defenses. Also for major part of the game, Good Hope is the most convenient mass Competence buff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom