Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
making amiri an armored hulk is considered extreme metagaming/min maxing?
Making her Mad Dog or at least Invulnerable Rager is powergaming, Armored Hulk is one meh instead another.

I intend to install Eldritch Arcana and use the "Magical Knack" trait in order to recoup the loss of two spellcaster levels for the wizard. By level 20 I'll have access to 8th level spells for both classes. Am I missing any downside?

Magical Knack doesn't affect spell progression, just gives straight caster levels. You won't gain access to another spell level via it, I think.

Yes, Magical Knack wont give access to new spell levels, only adds dices/duration for caster level scaling. You'd never get extra spell levels on Theurge with it.

Rager powergaming? Giant Zombies laugh at your puny DR.

Freebooter with Barb2 for increased Charge range and Dodge is Powergaming. Mad Dog is pretty meh late unless you’re with a Centipede.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I do not get why everyone rave so much about Freebooter? Am I the only person who never bother to micro 2 their abilities past chapter 2? Looks too much like a waste of levels next to Slayer who mops everything on auto, Vivi/Rogue or 2-hander builds with general non-crit hits ~40-50 around same chapter 2.

Bonus to ab matters in the beginning of the game, but I tend to drop even Bard around lvl 11-12 on Unfair, since mages get Greater Heroism, Dreadful Carnage comes online and Barbarian with party wide Reckless stance gives similar bonus to Courage Song.

Also, ~8 lvl Invulnerable Rager Amiri can easily stack 10+ DR at the start of chapter 2 with Adamantium Armor, and rocks 15+ with Sentinel ring at the Bloom, taking extra DR in some rage powers feats. Not game-changing on Unfair, but pretty amazing on Hard, where she shrugs off annoying things like Fierce Skeleton Archers .

Armored Hulk is complete trash even next to Vanilla - Sneak attack immunity via Impoved Uncanny Dodge is not worth running speed you can get from items or spells. Not that it even matter after caster's level picks up and they get 2-3 min longs Hastes.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
I know it doesn't add spell progression, but it DOES affect spells that gain additional damage per caster level. This is especially important for a Sloth Mage, who will use Snowball as an early game damage dealing spell. Snowball gain 1d6 damage per caster level, so you start out with a 3d6 damage spell at level 1.

Snowball is pretty bad spell for Prologue and Chapter 1 - you need to hit with Range touch what is barely possible without Point Blank Shot + Precise Shot. That also eats 2 early feats. So most rational choice for low level mages, even Conjurers or tricksters is Magic Missile.
With Eldritch Arcana mod you can get Spell Focus Evocation + Spell Specialization on it for + 2 Caster level, Mage Tatoo for another +1 on all Evocation spells and optional + 1 from traits. It auto hits and does 1d4+1, 4(!) missiles at lvl 4.

Oh, one more thing. Sloth Mages, due to specializing in Conjuration, gain an ability called "Summoner's Charm". Does it improve with every Wizard CLASS level, or CASTER level?

All School Specialization powers scale from wizard level only. PrC like Arcane Trickster and Theurge do not get any bonuses on them, nor lvl 8 extra powers until they hit Wizard 8.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Well, that makes them so bad that Vanilla wizard with Conjuration looks better:D. Not the school I'd take focus on though - level 7-8-9 spells tend be on sucky side and filling all high level extra slots with heightened Stinky Clouds and Chains of Light is kinda sad.

Daidre

Arcane
Well, I guess a Sloth-sinned wizard is quite theme-appropriate base for Mystic Theurge.

AliceAlcina

Learned
Anyone with this bug?

https://postimg.cc/jDQFRQzY

jDQFRQzY

ArchAngel

Arcane
I know it doesn't add spell progression, but it DOES affect spells that gain additional damage per caster level. This is especially important for a Sloth Mage, who will use Snowball as an early game damage dealing spell. Snowball gain 1d6 damage per caster level, so you start out with a 3d6 damage spell at level 1.

Snowball is pretty bad spell for Prologue and Chapter 1 - you need to hit with Range touch what is barely possible without Point Blank Shot + Precise Shot. That also eats 2 early feats. So most rational choice for low level mages, even Conjurers or tricksters is Magic Missile.
With Eldritch Arcana mod you can get Spell Focus Evocation + Spell Specialization on it for + 2 Caster level, Mage Tatoo for another +1 on all Evocation spells and optional + 1 from traits. It auto hits and does 1d4+1, 4(!) missiles at lvl 4.

Oh, one more thing. Sloth Mages, due to specializing in Conjuration, gain an ability called "Summoner's Charm". Does it improve with every Wizard CLASS level, or CASTER level?

All School Specialization powers scale from wizard level only. PrC like Arcane Trickster and Theurge do not get any bonuses on them, nor lvl 8 extra powers until they hit Wizard 8.
Point blank shot and precise shot are not bad feats. You should have them as lvl 3 wizard. Many of the best spells are ranged touch and you need those feats to use them well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1608272445863896514

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Release Anniversary!

Dear Pathfinders!

A year ago, on this very day, we embarked together on a great journey with the long-awaited release of our beloved Pathfinder: Kingmaker. In Owlcat Games, each one of us was astounded by the amount of passion and support you have put into the game. We want to thank you all for your feedback and faith in us! The team did its best to improve your experience with Kingmaker throughout the year and will continue to do that. It is the community that made this game possible in the first place, and we express sincere gratitude to all contributors.

To commemorate the date we have gathered some numbers and interesting facts about the game – take a look below.

We also participate in Steam Midweek Madness sale – it’s an opportunity to save up to 50% on the game and all DLCs. The sale goes till September, 27th, 10 AM PT.

BTW the developers' stream starts in an hour! Watch us on Twitch or Steam:
https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames

9297bf2a37f1e60a7c9967afe3b4ece5b43efa4f.jpg

Daidre

Arcane
Point blank shot and precise shot are not bad feats. You should have them as lvl 3 wizard. Many of the best spells are ranged touch and you need those feats to use them well.
I'd prefer aforementioned Spell Focus: Evocation + Spell Specialization + Mage Tatoo any day on low level wizard. AT needs them at least for cantrips and rays so I'd get them around lvl 5-7 for them, but tend to drop Precise Shot for some other casters, like my sorcs. Used to take them first too, but noticed that I barely use range touch spells with my love for Magic Missle + Stinking Cloud + Chain Lightning + Stormbolts and their metamagic variations.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'd prefer aforementioned Spell Focus: Evocation + Spell Specialization + Mage Tatoo any day on low level wizard. AT needs them at least for cantrips and rays so I'd get them around lvl 5-7 for them, but tend to drop Precise Shot for some other casters, like my sorcs. Used to take them first too, but noticed that I barely use range touch spells with my love for Magic Missle + Stinking Cloud + Chain Lightning + Stormbolts and their metamagic variations.
Of course you can play a weaker character if you prefer one but it does not change facts. Also Mage Tatoo is from a mod.

Daidre

Arcane
Weaker? What are those tremendously powerful spells low level Wiizard (without sneak) wants Precise Shot for? Snowball? Scorching ray for single 4d6 with attack roll? 1d4 Acid cantrip?

High level Crazy Magic Missle and Stone Call allow to deal with half of tricky encounters in chapter 1.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Except any enemy in chapter 1 usually have 15 + Touch AC on normal, there is 20 Touch AC enemies in prologue on Hard. Even really buffed high dex low level wizard does not breaks + 8-10 range attack bonus and end up with Snowball that hits in <50% of cases. Not even close to guaranteed damage from MM.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Except any enemy in chapter 1 usually have 15 + Touch AC on normal, there is 20 Touch AC enemies in prologue on Hard. Even really buffed high dex low level wizard does not breaks + 8-10 range attack bonus and end up with Snowball that hits in <50% of cases. Not even close to guaranteed damage from MM.

So they're completely ignoring the pathfinder bestiary and megabuffing every creature?

Daidre

Arcane
Stolen Lands in P:K is very special place where almost every kobold, animal or bandit with the bow rocks 18-20 DEX and sometimes gets random (or not so) +natural armor bonus or concealment on top of it. Special mention for Kobold Alchemists who cast Shield and use Mutagen for ~25 AC on Normal.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Weaker? What are those tremendously powerful spells low level Wiizard (without sneak) wants Precise Shot for? Snowball? Scorching ray for single 4d6 with attack roll? 1d4 Acid cantrip?

High level Crazy Magic Missle and Stone Call allow to deal with half of tricky encounters in chapter 1.

Snowball isn't affected by magic resistance, that's one perk. Also, Snowball + Grease (the most OP early level spells) means that those penalties don't apply, since your target is lying on the ground, not in melee. Finally, Snowball + Spell Focus: Conjuration + Magic Knack means 3d6 + freeze right off the bat.
Lying on the ground does not help you as ranged attacks suffer -4 penalty vs enemies on the ground (and melee gets +4 bonus). You are just replacing one penalty for another.

Delterius

Arcane
Enemy Stat Adjustment option now has a confusing name. It is a mechanical adjustment for multiple different things, an option that regulates differences between difficulties that did not fit into other settings. We intend to split it into 2-3 different options in one of the proper patches to come (together with giving it a more appropriate name). We intend to move the regeneration and damage reduction controls into a separate option.

“Much easier enemies” reduces the DCs of saving throws of enemy abilities and DCs of skill checks by 4, disables enemy regeneration and any type of damage reduction/immunity/resistance against player attacks. This is the default setting for story mode. We intend to move the regeneration and damage reduction controls into a separate option.

“Moderately easier enemies” reduces the DCs of saving throws of enemy abilities by 4 and DCs of skill checks by 2, halves enemy regeneration and effects of any type of damage reduction/immunity/resistance against player attacks. The default setting for easy mode.

“Somewhat easier enemies” reduces the DCs of saving throws of enemy abilities by 2. It is a default setting for normal mode.
“Normal enemies” does not change enemies at all.

“Somewhat tougher enemies” increases enemy attack and AC by 2. The default option for challenging and hard mode. It is kind of separate from other settings here, and we intend to move this setting into “Enemy difficulty" instead.

“Moderately tougher enemies” increases the DCs of saving throws of enemy abilities by 2 and DCs of skill checks by 4. The default setting for the unfair mode.

“Much tougher enemies” increases the DCs of saving throws of enemy abilities by 4 and DCs of skill checks by 6. It can only be set on custom difficulty.

soo.... what is closest to PnP?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Cantrips are what you use most of the battles as you don't have enough spells. Magic Missile is resisted by anyone with Shield (and there are a few in early chapters), Stone Call has bad damage.
Yes I rather take Scorching Ray. You can also spell specialize in it and have it two of them by lvl 5. Also you can empower it at lvl 5 for 12d6 damage. Beats anything MM or Stone Call can do at those levels.

Daidre

Arcane
Those levels are level 1-4. Level 5 wizard has Haste and Stinking Cloud and level 5 Cleric has Animate Dead. Trying to damage things with Scorching Ray with more or less same 50% hit rate at this point is syrup. Will work at low end difficulties I guess.

Also Spell Specialization can be changed every level and could be easily moved from MM to Scorching Ray when it means extra ray.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom