Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Trashos

Arcane
I had fun with PoE and BGs but i'm not that hardcore into IE games. Can't stand Icewind Dale.
Is it that much better than PoE?
Really liked Dragonfall and have great fun with Underrail atm.

Yes, you should definitly try Kingmaker.

To me, it is much better than PoE. It is up there with BG2, doing a lot of stuff better than BG2, doing stuff that BG2 doesn't even do, but BG2 is more polished.

I didn't enjoy IWD either, btw. I found out that I needed some story between all the fighting.

Yosharian

Arcane
I really don't see why I would take a support Bard and shove it into melee next to my real tanks just to hope it crits a couple of times.

Where it'll be focused and killed in seconds by the AI.

Build better Bards then. Mine don’t get focused, and on the off chance they’re attacked they’ve got good AC and Image. The positioning is the important thing, for Songs and Shouts, as well as Outflank. The damage is gravy but late game you’ve got a decent duration Sense Vitals for routine fights.
Cute.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bards can use shields and mirror, they're not that weak
+2 AC and Mirror Image? WOW!
Mirror Image DOES make a difference.....
On top of an already-powerful tank, yes.
No. You don't need to have god like AC to make use of mirror image. My Harrim, who was a sorcerer/cleric/MT, made great use of mirror image for when I needed him to tank a couple of bad hits.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Check the pic

LinziTank.jpg

Main tank:

OkboTankSoulEater.jpg

Next Round:

Harrim'sDestructiveAura.jpg

Linzi was basically picking her butt this fight. On the other hand she tanked perfectly.

Last edited:

overly excitable young man

I had fun with PoE and BGs but i'm not that hardcore into IE games. Can't stand Icewind Dale.

To me, it is much better than PoE. It is up there with BG2, doing a lot of stuff better than BG2, doing stuff that BG2 doesn't even do, but BG2 is more polished.

I didn't enjoy IWD either, btw. I found out that I needed some story between all the fighting.
Sounds promising. :)
Will look into it.
I'm just a little cautious about stuff which gets too much praise here.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Sounds promising. :)
Will look into it.
I'm just a little cautious about stuff which gets too much praise here.
>I'm just a little cautious about stuff which gets too much praise here
Eh. It's not just this place. Lots of other communities praise the game, and rightfully so. It's a good game.

Desiderius

Patron
So how is the current state of the game?
It seems pretty hyped around here.
Is it playable without major bugs?
Should i play this or DOS 1?

DOS 1 peters out about halfway through. They ran out of ideas for good skills so just give you some win the game buttons instead.

P:K may be the most replayable game ever (it’s so bad many of us haven’t even finished it yet) but can be a little overwhelming at first. This can help:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/7/1630790506920383184/

Desiderius

Patron

Desiderius

Patron

You said your Bards get crushed in combat. That has nothing to do with powerful tanks.
I didn't say that. I said my support bard would be killed in seconds if I put it in melee. And if I built it differently, it wouldn't be a support bard anymore.

She’s a support Bard too. She has a total of one feat to up AC, Cautious Fighter. The rest is just sound play.

Yeah, she casts Slow while Jub casts Haste, so she’s not a buffbot, but it’s not like she has Crane or something.

Shadenuat

Arcane

You said your Bards get crushed in combat. That has nothing to do with powerful tanks.
I didn't say that. I said my support bard would be killed in seconds if I put it in melee. And if I built it differently, it wouldn't be a support bard anymore.
what de fuck is the difference?? you need like 12 charisma, 14 if you re fancy to cast all support spells + lingering song. where are you going to put the rest and what other feats make u "support bard"? or do you run around and cast minor heals in combat?

also you're switching topicz like crazy; either argue that your supporte bard can't be in melee or that bards at all can't be melee because "mirror image is lol", you can't be retardo into both directions.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

what de fuck is the difference?? you need like 12 charisma, 14 if you re fancy to cast all support spells + lingering song. where are you going to put the rest and what other feats make u "support bard"? or do you run around and cast minor heals in combat?

Bard’s unique/uniquely early spells are mostly offensive. Linzi’s CHR is 20 here with 20ish DCs which is decent for AOE spells even on Unfair since she keeps everything Shaken.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well Linzi also doesn't fall into what I'd call perfect stat spread for her to have a choice in the matter; although you could still probably turn her into some lulzy gish/duelist something for lulzies.

Desiderius

Patron
Well Linzi also doesn't fall into what I'd call perfect stat spread for her to have a choice in the matter; although you could still probably turn her into some lulzy gish/duelist something for lulzies.

I did for playthrough with Bard Val. Linzi was AD 8/Thug 4/Bard 6 with Disarming Strike and Steel Net. It was surprisingly good because disarmed dudes keep trying to attack triggering AoOs for all around.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

also you're switching topicz like crazy; either argue that your supporte bard can't be in melee or that bards at all can't be melee because "mirror image is lol", you can't be retardo into both directions.
>or do you run around and cast minor heals in combat?
lol.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah it's a complete mystery how I build my support bard

Bards don't have any inherent bonuses to AC so they're not particularly good at tanking. Of course you can throw OP buffs on any character from mid-late, but that doesn't make them effective tanks when you're up against touch attackers. And of course Mirror Image can help you get through fights, but relying on it leads to constant resting which I don't think is fun.

Desiderius

Patron

Bards don't have any inherent bonuses to AC so they're not particularly good at tanking. Of course you can throw OP buffs on any character from mid-late, but that doesn't make them effective tanks when you're up against touch attackers. And of course Mirror Image can help you get through fights, but relying on it leads to constant resting which I don't think is fun.

OP buffs? Barkskin is OP? She's wearing Ekun's armor which is smart play because its a great light armor for melee and Ekun doesn't need it. Of course you run to touch attackers when you have no other argument. The vast majority of the game that's a non-issue. By the time you get to them you can just summon spam or whatever. Touch attackers also happen to be uniquely vulnerable to Linzi's high level Sonic spells - if she's in position to cast them.

Linzi's Mirror Image in that pic has 21 minutes left. It's a second level spell, she has more. You don't know what you're talking about. Just admit it.

Okbo got hit 3 times total in my whole run* through Vordokai. One was this:

NatTwenties.jpg

then he survived the rest of the fight because Amiri Cleaved the shit out of all those zombies with Second Execution and the fight was over in two more rounds.

* - no rest run:

No Rest Vordokai.jpg

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

OP buffs? Barkskin is OP? She's wearing Ekun's armor which is smart play because its a great light armor for melee and Ekun doesn't need it. Of course you run to touch attackers when you have no other argument. The vast majority of the game that's a non-issue. By the time you get to them you can just summon spam or whatever. Touch attackers also happen to be uniquely vulnerable to Linzi's high level Sonic spells - if she's in position to cast them.

Linzi's Mirror Image in that pic has 21 minutes left. It's a second level spell, she has more. You don't know what you're talking about. Just admit it.
I'm not referring to the duration of Mirror Image, but the frequency of needing to refresh it when you rely upon it.

An effective tank only gets hit on 20s, and has all-round good saves, preferably.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom