Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Erebus

Arcane
From what I know, the map seems fairly accurate. It just forgets to add a star-spangled banner to "Freedom, Nobility & Fluffy Bunnys".

Trashos

Arcane
So, without any dlc, I entered Pitax lvl15, entered the Pitax Palace lvl 16, and was early lvl 17 when facing Irovetti. I will let you guys know what lvl I finish (although note that, as last time, I am going to sneak through HATEOT). I do not think I will make it to lvl20, we will see.

Last time I did not fight the Lonely Barrow lich, I forgot about it. This time I will take him on, that should be lots of XP as far as I hear.

deuxhero

Arcane
From what I know, the map seems fairly accurate. It just forgets to add a star-spangled banner to "Freedom, Nobility & Fluffy Bunnys".

The weird thing is Andoran is the modules show it as vastly different in practice than what setting books claim it is. In modules it's shown as a highly corrupt state where the senate is nobility in all but name (knight is even maintained as an honorary title) and the natural resources are dominated by corporate monopolies.

Cael

Arcane
Is this poor mans dnd game good?

kNUOQVE.jpg
Slapbang in the middle of your Nazis area (i.e., Cheliax) are a bunch of Satan worshippers... :D

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Riverbed Nightmare scared the fuck out of me. I slept and still had fatigue. I was thinking my game was bugged until I stopped and read the description :lol:. Never had an issue where it didn't activate. If anything, I didn't want it to activate because I was on my way back to kill some more Kobolds and Mites.

Anyways, I killed the fucking Boggard Champion at level 5. That one reminded me of that dragon in PoE White March. Heart was racing throughout. Hold+Laughing+everyfuckingthinginmybag worked out. I didn't lose anyone. Fucking Linzi is insane for holding down the worst enemies. I'm surprised a lot of the builds recommend having her try to be a damage dealer/support hybrid. I went pure controller/support with her. She's fucking excellent with it. I feel like you're wasting your time trying to make her damage anything. So far, she's been able to hold just about every boss. Of course, Boggard Champion rolls high, so I had a bit of luck on that try.

Xeon

Augur
Man, the respec system is pretty nice, it allows you full respec, I thought it would be similar to PoE or something where you only go to Lv1 iirc or something.

Trashos

Arcane
Here are some preliminary results from my in-game investigation on weapon progression. It looks like the major problem exists in Chapters 3-4, where several weapon types do not have a +3 (at least) representative.

The list may be revised in the future, but for the time being these weapons seem to be: Punching Dagger, Light Mace, Club, Heavy Mace, Longspear, Light Hammer, Handaxe, Kukri, Shortsword, Flail, Heavy Pick, Scimitar, Warhammer, Bardiche, Glaive, Greataxe, Scythe, Sai, Tongi, Dwarven Waraxe, Elven Curve Blade, Fauchard, Two-bladed Sword.

Then, in Chapter 5 most or all of them do have a +4 (at least) representative, but the damage to their progression has already been done.

Note that I have not taken into account weapons that come from the artisans. Also, the list has not been crosschecked yet, so it may have mistakes.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Try the crafting mod, it is really really great. You can enchant your old weapons or craft new ones. That should definitely be included in the new game.

Set the costs at +200% if it feels too easy to abuse, but for me the reqs made sure that I wasn't ever getting something that was better than the loot.

Trashos

Arcane
So, doing absolutely everything in the game without dlc, I finished lvl19. I was late lvl 18 at the end of Ch 6. I would probably have been early lvl19 if I had fought through HATEOT instead of sneaking through, but I would not have reached lvl20 by the end anyway.

Therefore, I am inclined to conclude that, without dlc, the game finishes at lvl 19 if the player does not cheat with the Pirates quest.

Also note that I did not always reload when failing XP-heavy skill checks. Sometimes I did, sometimes I did not. Not sure whether this would have made much of a difference. I did get all the XP from the Pirates quest, but divided to the whole party.

I enjoyed my Wizard playthrough immensely, and I will soon be starting another Wizard playthrough, on Hard this time.

-------
Tristian reappeared at HATEOT even though I had killed him. Fortunately, Jaethal killed him. I had made Jaethal a Pharasma Inquisitor through my choices, so I still do not know what happens at HATEOT when Tristian has been killed and Jaethal is supported to be evil. Jaethal is important to my party and I do not want to take such a risk. Hopefully someone else enlightens us.

kelkorkesis

Novice
Man, the respec system is pretty nice, it allows you full respec, I thought it would be similar to PoE or something where you only go to Lv1 iirc or something.
Pick default fighter and use respec for maximum stats.
How do you mean? How would choosing fighter allow for maximum stats?

Default fighter has really high point buy if you respec default fighter it becomes absurd. You get full 25 point buy on top of default fighter's stats and game counts default fighter's stats as 10/10/10/10/10/10 for point buy calculation.

Parabalus

Arcane
What's the earliest you guys manage to kill the LB lich, on >Hard? Guessing you can do it pretty early with a custom party.

The improvements with the patches are really great.

Trashos

Arcane
What's the earliest you guys manage to kill the LB lich, on >Hard? Guessing you can do it pretty early with a custom party.

Should be doable as soon as Octavia gets Dimension Door at any difficulty, if you are willing to use Heart of Ira. Without Heart of Ira, I will let others speak.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Not very early. The key that is required to enter the room requires you to kill a certain amount of monsters within the world map, which may take a while.

Parabalus

Arcane
What's the optimal amount of delay in the main quests?

In my run on release, I rushed MQ immediately, but that caused me to miss a bunch of stuff, e.g. trolls never attacked Barto, never saw the last Ancient Curse etc.

Now on e.g. Troll Trouble, is it best to delay until the first unstoppable kingdom damaging problem arrives?

Should be doable as soon as Octavia gets Dimension Door at any difficulty, if you are willing to use Heart of Ira. Without Heart of Ira, I will let others speak.

Ira's a bit too exploity for my taste, though given the DD itself is cheese might as well do it that way.

Not very early. The key that is required to enter the room requires you to kill a certain amount of monsters within the world map, which may take a while.

Meant with using DD to bypass it.

Trashos

Arcane
n my run on release, I rushed MQ immediately, but that caused me to miss a bunch of stuff, e.g. trolls never attacked Barto, never saw the last Ancient Curse etc.

Now on e.g. Troll Trouble, is it best to delay until the first unstoppable kingdom damaging problem arrives?

The way I have been doing it: I let the Problem cards start piling up. before I actually proceed with the MQ. This allows me to do rank ups earlier, but I do not know how it will affect your goals. I usually aim to finish the MQ <2 months after it appears, and I have not dared wait longer. (eg, if the first card that appears ends in 50 days, I can spend ~35 of those days doing other stuff first, and still have healthy room to do the quest)

In the specific case of Bartholomew, I rush to him as soon as I can, because if you wait too long the Mother of Monsters quest fails. Not a huge deal (a couple of hundred XP?), but it turned me into rushing it after I failed it once.

But I do not let much time pass for Varnhold/Vordakai's quest, because of the long travel times.

Ira's a bit too exploity for my taste, though given the DD itself is cheese might as well do it that way.

Agreed, it is just the earliest that it is doable. It is a fight I need to work on.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's the optimal amount of delay in the main quests?
I usually solve earlier ones, up to Varnhold with ~2-3 months delay, but try to deal with Pitax asap since it hurts Kingdom too much. There are is like 3(?) tiers of problem cards associated with every chapter with progressively higher DC and different names so I usually go to complete main quest right when first 2nd tier card appears.

Most of companion quests also timed around 2 months before and after chapter change so I usually decide to deal with chapter dungeon right after a couple of 14 days skip from Kingdom upgrades without triggers from new events linked to story or companions.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>What's the optimal amount of delay in the main quests?
About as long as you want. I take my sweet time when dealing with the main quests, only finishing them when the game spams me with more problem cards than advisors. I use the time to rank up advisors and do some exploring.

Parabalus

Arcane
I usually solve earlier ones, up to Varnhold with ~2-3 months delay, but try to deal with Pitax asap since it hurts Kingdom too much. There are is like 3(?) tiers of problem cards associated with every chapter with progressively higher DC and different names so I usually go to complete main quest right when first 2nd tier card appears.

The 3 tiers is what I gathered, but I only started delaying at Pitax in my last run, which as you said ended badly.

To specify, now I have the first troll problem "Troll XXXXX" (can't remember) which when solved gives a bonus. After that comes "Troll Raids", which I didn't solve in advance, but I'm guessing still gives something.

Ideally I'd solve Troll Trouble on the last day of the month in which Troll Raids (If it's the first guaranteed loss one, might not be) appear, right?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ideally I'd solve Troll Trouble on the last day of the month in which Troll Raids (If it's the first guaranteed loss one, might not be) appear, right?

I tend to complete Troll Chapter when first Troll Raids card (t2 problem name, iirc) is still active. There are no more unique events in this chapter at this point and completing it opens the claim for South Narlmarches with 2 artisans.

Afaik minor stat bonus from extra cards is only gain from prolonging chapters, since all chapter starts tied exactly to stages of Ancient Curse (was a bit different in older versions, now timed chapters never start before Bald Hill). And stages of Ancient Curse are on the day counter from the Kingdom start Like trolls on day 30, bloom on day 240 for example and etc, with only exception of Varnhold > Barbarians (Rushing it kinda useful since longer period between Coronation and Pitax provides generally stronger Kingdom and more time for artisans to craft higher tiers of items).

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I never abused the dimension door with the lich. Also I never found use of the loot he drops (exept the hat) or the weapons he has in his stach.

If you go the "legal" way all my playthoughts I managed to kill all the required monsters by the end of Pitax (this includes exploring all locations of Pitax).

Parabalus

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom