Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

My MC hit six right as I entered the Fort. I did not share XP, had a skill-monkey AT, and completed all available areas with exception to the inside of the rat and boggart cave.

You can wait to see if you detect the high Perception check trap at Ratnook before deciding to brave the inside. You don't get any EXP for disarming it so it's worth a shot at lvl five. Boggarts are weak to Will/Reflex so a good Bard has a decent chance to work them over. It's just a lot easier once you get Fascinate.

That's what I did. I disarmed all of the traps, but the last had a DC which told me I was in the wrong neighborhood. The boggarts were just a bit too much at that level. It would have required me to rest more frequently than I liked, which is why I left it for later. My MC had considerably higher xp than the rest of my party. When I returned later with a lower limit of Lvl5 in my party, the cave was cleaned without a single rest.

Yosharian

Arcane
Hambeard released a new mod which includes the Vendor Injector mod and many other features:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/173

• You are the ruler of these lands, there is no reason you should have to walk out to the shops after a hard day of adventuring. The vendors from town can now be enabled in your throne room in either the default positions set by the mod, or your very own custom location inside your throne room. Don't worry though, they will be in their normal spots too. Chose from 4 different vendors.
  • This mod includes my vendor inject mod. Type in an item you'd like to add to a vendor, find it, and click add. Now includes adding to the dragon vendor inside/outside the campaign. Added alphabetical listings and filtered most of the invalid items that shouldn't be sold.
  • Create a trash loot list that will transfer to the sell list when you click the offer button inside a vendor screen. Add/Remove items from the list by holding Ctrl+Clicking on a item. By default trash items are shown as faded red icons, but this can be customized in the settings section. There is also an option to just automatically sell the list every time you enter the throne room without having to visit a vendor. These items are removed from the game, and you get gold for it, no recovery, so be careful. You can see a list of your garbage list in the settings section, just click the button next to it to remove an item.
  • As stated above the mod that highlights unlearned scrolls is not compatible so I added the functionality to this mod. By default the highlight is green, but this can be customized in the options.
  • Includes a fixed version of the Vendor Progression mod! It functions the same way the old mod did, and progress is based of your kingdom stats. Usually if you level up certain stats, it'll add items to certain vendors. Don't worry about starting a new game, it'll add anything you missed as well. It seems abandoned and as per their posted permissions I've fixed it and included it in my mod.
  • Language support if you'd like to do a translation, let me know and I'll add the language file to the download. You can get the template by using the export button in the settings tab. It'll be put in the mod folder under localization.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What the fuck is this
13oEqf6.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
HOw did you got that rod? I wanna use it against Spawn of Rovagug. Magic is not a good way to deal with him, but with this rod, i can just imprison him on a ice block and then cast Horrid Wilting

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
HOw did you got that rod? I wanna use it against Spawn of Rovagug. Magic is not a good way to deal with him, but with this rod, i can just imprison him on a ice block and then cast Horrid Wilting
It's a random artisan item given by Irlene. I really hope it's her masterpiece because otherwise I fear what that could be.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a random artisan item given by Irlene. I really hope it's her masterpiece because otherwise I fear what that could be.

It is indeed her masterpiece, which means you can plan a build around it since you're more or less guaranteed to get it if you get your artisans up on time, and Irlene is in your capital so that's hard to fuck up.

3 per rest, so of course great, but not spammable.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

It is indeed her masterpiece, which means you can plan a build around it since you're more or less guaranteed to get it if you get your artisans up on time, and Irlene is in your capital so that's hard to fuck up.

If you prioritize artisans' quests (and, aside from RP since a lot of them requires you to do some shady things, I don't know why you wouldn't), by mid game you will be swimming in items that can maximize spells. Right now, my sorcerer has that, the Leviathan's Gift (that sometimes breaks and gives you infinite maximize, but that's random) and the Rod of Flaming Vengeance.

Do you know if there is a complete and accurate list of artisans' items and masterpieces? I'm not sure I have seen them all.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you think it's better to read the core rules of first edition or just stick with https://www.d20pfsrd.com/? I will play on core rules (challenge difficulty with some necessary fixes) and I will not min max, if that can help you advice me properly.

Desiderius

Patron
Do you think it's better to read the core rules of first edition or just stick with https://www.d20pfsrd.com/? I will play on core rules (challenge difficulty with some necessary fixes) and I will not min max, if that can help you advice me properly.

I've found d20 generally helpful. There's more there in game than first appears, but can sometimes be a challenge to find it. Show Unavailable Feats with mouseover for prereqs is a nice one.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

If you prioritize artisans' quests (and, aside from RP since a lot of them requires you to do some shady things, I don't know why you wouldn't), by mid game you will be swimming in items that can maximize spells. Right now, my sorcerer has that, the Leviathan's Gift (that sometimes breaks and gives you infinite maximize, but that's random) and the Rod of Flaming Vengeance.

Do you know if there is a complete and accurate list of artisans' items and masterpieces? I'm not sure I have seen them all.

Those other maximize items don't empower at the same time, though. More importantly, they don't ignore spell / elemental immunities.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
This game never stops finding ways to make me chuckle.
Smite Evil adds its damage to each damage roll and weapons with additional damage of a different type rolls two separate times. This means that you get to add two times your smite damage bonus on each attack:
RBiIA6j.png
What the actual fuck, ahahahah

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Welcome to Kingmaker

BTW, for extra cheese try equipping also Acidic Gloves, Arcane Enforcer, River Fox Memento, maybe also be that religious Slayer archetype, who does Holy & Axiomatic damage.

Oh and get some sneak damage dice...

Desiderius

Patron
Smite Evil adds its damage to each damage roll and weapons with additional damage of a different type rolls two separate times. This means that you get to add two times your smite damage bonus on each attack:
RBiIA6j.png

So the Smite bonus is your only bonus? Ruin deals Force damage exclusively, so any other bonus (including the weapon enhancement from Ruin itself, STR bonus, etc...) is in that 12.

Speaking from very recent personal experience, please double-check before chortling about how the game is stupid and you're so above it's silliness. More often than not at this point I've found the chortler red-faced, including yours truly, and not the game.

Desiderius

Patron
Welcome to Kingmaker

BTW, for extra cheese try equipping also Acidic Gloves, Arcane Enforcer, River Fox Memento, maybe also be that religious Slayer archetype, who does Holy & Axiomatic damage.

Those all have trade-offs. He's claiming that the game is calculating damage incorrectly, which his screenshot alone does not demonstrate.

Desiderius

Patron
BTW, I fucked up badly on recommending Robes for Wild Shaping Druids. I'm owning it.

I still think you'll be very happy with your performance Smilodon Wild Shaped with Frightful Aspect (add Transformation for insanity), but I planned the build at least in part around getting the benefit from all the sweet Robes in-game.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
RBiIA6j.png

So the Smite bonus is your only bonus? Ruin deals Force damage exclusively, so any other bonus (including the weapon enhancement from Ruin itself, STR bonus, etc...) is in that 12.

Speaking from very recent personal experience, please double-check before chortling about how the game is stupid and you're so above it's silliness. More often than not at this point I've found the chortler red-faced, including yours truly, and not the game.
You crack me up. Ruin doesn't deal exclusively Force damage, these are the usual Ruin damage rolls (without smite):
sXfsjDs.png
That +12 only comes up with Smite Evil active and the character is a level 12 Paladin. I don't think there's much else to check.

It's funny that your post, where you invite to double-check, needs itself double-checking.

Also, I struggle to find a reason to that "including yours truly", but sure man.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Welcome to Kingmaker

Wait, what?
How does this interact with sneak attack?

Also, I don't understand why some weapons (like Cold Blood) have their extra elemental damage added to their base damage, while others (like Ruin) get two separate rolls...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Sneak attack dice also get added to each separate damage roll.... And I think you can possibly stack like 5 of them (per hit)....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom