Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Yosharian

Arcane
>none of them have any tangible negative effects on a LG barony, do they?
Besides stats? I don't think so.
So her being evil is effectively pointless from a kingdom management perspective. It's just flavour. I mean, it's very cool. But I feel like the devs didn't put in enough work to make alignment a real thing for kingdom management. It's like, you're a LG barony but Regongar is your best general choice? Please, this is ridiculous.

Inb4 someone says "b-b-but alignment isn't everything!!1"

You can dismiss this all you want but that does not change that it is the thruth.
My intention was not to dismiss it, but rather indicate that I am already perfectly aware of it.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Divine: did anyone pick Harrim or Tsanna?
Harrim. He basically always goes for the "freedom of cult" option, as far as I remember. Sometimes you get the occasional -X to something decision, but nothing too destabilizing.
Sounds like a mod issue
And I'm unable to write the spell. I can't find a way to add the Quicken Spell feat without selecting also Empower Spell (this also happens with any other spell). Does anyone know if I'm missing something?

I remember Belt of Perfect Components that automatically Extends/Empowers low level spells sometimes causes this issues with spellbook. You could try to unequip it, helped me in similar situation.
Okay, I tried this morning and the problem was probably caused by having the Grandmaster's Rod (automatically empowers spells) active on the character. Disabling the rod, everything works fine.

Erebus

Arcane
Alright, I'm trying to improve the information on my steam page, please tell me about your experiences with the advisors you picked for each role, especially if it was one of these:

Tsanna is surprisingly good as a Councillor. She favors the survival of the fittest and will never coddle people. When you send her to solve a problem, it's quite possible that she'll just tell your subjects to deal with their own problems by themselves. When conflicts are brewing between different groups, she favors non-intervention, in order to let the strongest prevail.

As a High Priest, Harrim is unsurprisingly very passive. He strongly favors religious tolerance and respects even the weirdest cults. It leads to trouble once or twice.

Jaethal is pleasantly machiavellian as a Curator. She only values art as a way to manipulate people and ensure that your subjects respect you. She's just as likely as Linzi to suggest spending money on artistic endeavors, it just won't be for the same reason.

Ekundayo is a bit too soft as a Warden, but he's pretty clever and ruthless as a Minister.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Alright, I'm trying to improve the information on my steam page, please tell me about your experiences with the advisors you picked for each role, especially if it was one of these:

Regent: did anyone pick Octavia?

Councillor: did anyone pick Tsanna?

Military: did anyone pick Kassil?

Treasurer: did anyone pick Kanerah, Bartholomew or Maegar?

Divine: did anyone pick Harrim or Tsanna?

Grand Diplomat: did anyone pick Val for this?

Warden: anyone pick Regongar or Ekundayo for this?

Magister: anyone pick Vordakai for this?

Curator: I've heard Jaethal is actually a solid pick for this, can anyone confirm? Furthermore, I thought the Storyteller was good in this role, but apparently he isn't the best, can anyone confirm?

Minister: any information would be useful.

I had Tsanna as councilor, from what I remember, she was pretty much "middle of the road" between the plebs and merchants, but I might remember wrong.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Sneak attack dice also get added to each separate damage roll.... And I think you can possibly stack like 5 of them (per hit)....
Sadly, sneak attacks doesn't get added to the extra damage from Alkali Gloves, even if the acid damage gets registered as a separate instance:
Iz9m9wG.png

panda

Savant
It was an old bug that was fixed.
Don't know why they didn't fix other similar stuff though: double stacking of e.g. paladin's, slayer's or duelist's extra dmg from class abilities.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sneak attack dice also get added to each separate damage roll.... And I think you can possibly stack like 5 of them (per hit)....
Sadly, sneak attacks doesn't get added to the extra damage from Alkali Gloves, even if the acid damage gets registered as a separate instance:

Okay, so they do fix some stuff.
When I was testing my Sword Saint this was definitely working. Come to think of it, might have even reported it.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Erm... did anyone not pick Kassil?
Being a lawful ruler I had no other options, as I would not let a chaotic girl or a chaotic half-orc lead my well trained and disciplined troops into battle.
And Kassil did alright for most of the time. Except that one case of him going awol.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Very by-the-book, very safe approach, favors regular soldiers over magic, wants to let anyone into the army as long as they're willing to fight, obviously biased towards Swordlords and incorporating them into the army as officers. Never had any problems with military though, so he gets the job done.

Divine: did anyone pick Harrim
Harrim is the opposite of Jhod, he's very tolerant, lets all the weird and dangerous cults stay, doesn't disturb evil monoliths or anything like that. Jhod is defiantly a safer option for the kingdom stats.

Warden: Ekundayo
I had him for a time, don't really remember much though, he got the job done without unforeseen drawbacks for his methods though.

I thought the Storyteller was good in this role, but apparently he isn't the best, can anyone confirm?
He's hit or miss, usually he handles things well, but in the long sequence with a bard making a play about the baron he refuses any help or even contact to the bard (because that will somehow produce the best play) to the point the bard goes broke and leaves after making the play.

Erebus

Arcane
Being a lawful ruler I had no other options, as I would not let a chaotic girl or a chaotic half-orc lead my well trained and disciplined troops into battle.

Despite being CN, Amiri's really quite traditional as a General. The fact that she's from a barbarian tribe clearly has a strong effect on her views, but I don't remember her offering reckless advice or tolerating indiscipline.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

And Kassil did alright for most of the time. Except that one case of him going awol.
Kassil is a foreign plant, a spy who never hides where his loyalties lie. If you want to be anything more than an Aldori vassal, you need an army loyal to you, and you only.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Jaethal is pleasantly machiavellian as a Curator. She only values art as a way to manipulate people.

Go fuck yourself. That's not pleasant, that straight-up Decline.

Machiavelli himself would be both disgusted and mystified by such an attitude.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hughes_(critic)

I found Ekun to be the opposite of what you say in both cases. He's a mediocre Minister (here's where you need your rudimentary Machiavellianism and LG Ekun is a poor fit for that) and a solid Warden.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Kassil is a foreign plant, a spy who never hides where his loyalties lie. If you want to be anything more than an Aldori vassal, you need an army loyal to you, and you only.

He's an affirmative-action hire, a virtue-signal adoption. He shouldn't be there (your barony) in the first place. The designers wussed out on making either Amiri or Regongar suitably Chaotic in their Generalship, but then again War is Chaos. They're most suited to it.

Desiderius

Patron
The first High Priest decision get you a much needed +3 Divine from Jhod, then you can switch to Harrim. I found him more effective in general. Not a big fan of un roi une foi une loi though one can see the appeal.

Desiderius

Patron
My, my. Looks like I'm well on my way to becoming an award winning commenter.

To what do I owe the rare honor, Serious_Business?

panda

Savant
Don't know why they didn't fix other similar stuff though: double stacking of e.g. paladin's, slayer's or duelist's extra dmg from class abilities.
I thought they fixed stacking Slayer buff?

Slayer was fixed. Unclear whether the issue was anything more than UI in the first place.
It has nothing to do with Studied Target stacking bug guys.
We were talking about dublication of flat class dmg bonuses on e.g. acid gloves rolls.
For example Divine Slayer 10/Duelist 7 will have +10 additional dmg with normal attack AND with acid gloves AND with special divine sneak roll up to total +30.

Desiderius

Patron
It has nothing to do with Studied Target stacking bug guys.
We were talking about dublication of flat class dmg bonuses on e.g. acid gloves rolls.
For example Divine Slayer 10/Duelist 7 will have +10 additional dmg with normal attack AND with acid gloves AND with special divine sneak roll up to total +30.

Thx, deleted comment.

Think I was seeing similar on Alchemical Weapon.

Desiderius

Patron
My, my. Looks like I'm well on my way to becoming an award winning commenter.

To what do I owe the rare honor, Serious_Business?

Y'all got a long way to go to catch up with the parrot collection I have from who? Efe? Can't remember now. Must have 25 or 30.

Keep stanning though, you'll get there eventually.

Some reading for you as you follow along so avidly:

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2013/03/07/isaiah-berlin-machiavelli/

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/195784.Machiavelli_in_Hell

EDIT: Efe gave me the clown noses, not the parrots. I'm tragically short on NPC heads though.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Has anyone ever tried the Faterender?
vOdCZA0.png
Its ability seems extremely powerful. The base damage is only 1d8 (however, if you fight with 2 weapons, you usually have even less than that) and I don't like the 20x3 critical. However, 1d10+Strength on each secondary attack is a big deal. Am I missing something?

Desiderius

Patron
Vanquisher does +10 every hit. Got to use three feats (and get to 19 DEX or use Combat Style) to get all those boosted second blade hits.

Main value of Double-bladed weapons is combining the best of both worlds of Two-Handed and Two-Weapon. An extra 75 Dam or whatever from the STR stackers isn't bad either.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
vOdCZA0.png
Its ability seems extremely powerful. The base damage is only 1d8 (however, if you fight with 2 weapons, you usually have even less than that) and I don't like the 20x3 critical. However, 1d10+Strength on each secondary attack is a big deal. Am I missing something?
Yeah, how are you gonna tell the first blade apart from the second? How will you know which blade is marking and which one is doing the bonus damage?

Desiderius

Patron
vOdCZA0.png
Yeah, how are you gonna tell the first blade apart from the second? How will you know which blade is marking and which one is doing the bonus damage?

The first Blade is the only one that hits at all until you get the two-weapon fighting feats. It's like two extra Double Slices per hit as long as you hit with the first blade too.

Yosharian

Arcane
vOdCZA0.png
Honestly I don't know, ask Hap he's the weapon expert

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom