Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Unfair also boosts the stats of enemies. Which means, they hit harder, and can take more hits.
Hm, I want to test this. And not, not like one "tester" here - I will just write down inspection data on Hard and Unfair.

Thank you for the information.
You're cute sometimes, you know.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Unfair also boosts the stats of enemies. Which means, they hit harder, and can take more hits.
Hm, I want to test this. And not, not like one "tester" here - I will just write down inspection data on Hard and Unfair.

Thank you for the information.
You could just open the difficulty settings a look at the differences between Hard and Unfair.

Hard has:
Enemy stats adjustment: somewhat thougher enemies
Damage to party: 1.0
Enemy difficulty: strengthened (enemies' abilities are increased by 4 and their attack bonus and AC are increased by 2)

While Insane has:
Enemy stats adjustment: moderately tougher enemies
Damage to party: 2.0
Enemy difficulty: insane (enemies' abilities are increased by 8 and their attack bonus and AC are increased by 4)

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Those are very nice, quantitative measures.

AC and attack boni are sginificant, though.
Sorry, I thought you were only interested in enemies' stats adjustment, since that's what the ongoing discussion was about.

You can find all the information you need here:
“Somewhat tougher enemies” increases enemy attack and AC by 2. The default option for challenging and hard mode. It is kind of separate from other settings here, and we intend to move this setting into “Enemy difficulty" instead.
“Moderately tougher enemies” increases the DCs of saving throws of enemy abilities by 2 and DCs of skill checks by 4. The default setting for the unfair mode.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Those are very nice, quantitative measures.

AC and attack boni are sginificant, though.
Sorry, I thought you were only interested in enemies' stats adjustment, since that's what the ongoing discussion was about.

You can find all the information you need here:
“Somewhat tougher enemies” increases enemy attack and AC by 2. The default option for challenging and hard mode. It is kind of separate from other settings here, and we intend to move this setting into “Enemy difficulty" instead.
“Moderately tougher enemies” increases the DCs of saving throws of enemy abilities by 2 and DCs of skill checks by 4. The default setting for the unfair mode.

They were going for the double counting record. We're going to give the enemies higher stats, AB, chance to hit, accuracy, and Thac0! Combat log says +4 from Difficulty for both Unfair and Hard, so who the fuck knows what they ended up doing. Pretty sure the people they had doing bugfixes and updates never played Pathfinder, let alone P:K.

Yosharian

Arcane
How much UMD do you need to use a Wand of Lead Blades? Is it static DC of 20?

I changed all my melee builds to 2-handers. RIP two-weapon fighting

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Pretty sure Wand of Mage Armor is 21. Not that big of a deal for buffs other than convenience since you only burn a charge when you succeed.

DEX-based melee is almost always better TWF or one-handed. The double-counting on Enlarge effects is what makes Two-handed so good with STR-based. They all work well depending on the build.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

As little as you have the patience for if you buff before combat... something like 5 would do. Maybe 7-10 for convenience?

And congrats on switching to the Might side!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
The Hidden Feats at the heart of Haplo's ridonkulous numbers are Perfect Strike and Perfect Crit, Sword Saint exclusives. He'll have 2.5x whatever anyone else can put together.

Hm, true. And they are resource limited. Though you can at least leave Perfect Critical on most of the time, it doesn't eat trough the Arcane Pool quite as rapidly.
Then you get smaller numbers:

o8hGeSX.png

KRWc5A5.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane

As little as you have the patience for if you buff before combat... something like 5 would do. Maybe 7-10 for convenience?

That's weird because my dude had like 13 UMD or something and he couldn't use the wand.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

That's weird because my dude had like 13 UMD or something and he couldn't use the wand.

That's weird. Maybe some mod? I was definitely using Lead Blades with less (like 7 I think).

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wasn't kidding when I said monks can solo the Stag Lord. But no one believed me on Steam. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW! HAA! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!

I think my favourite part of your monk video is how he's basically a sickly, inbred mongoloid (base con, int, wis scores).

Other than that, I'm not sure if it's just because it was a demonstration video, but it was weird that you were using cure moderate consumables for like 3-5hp of damage, instead of your giant stack of cure lights.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>I think my favourite part of your monk video is how he's basically a sickly, inbred mongoloid
It's a challenge build for hard. Unfair Iron Man burned me out of Unfair. So I am doing a hard playthrough. I've been doing all kinds of things to spice up my hard playthrough. Because hard is too easy for me, unfortunately.

>but it was weird that you were using cure moderate consumables for like 3-5hp of damage
I thought moderate potions healed for more than light potions? Maybe I just got bad rolls on the heals?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
>I think my favourite part of your monk video is how he's basically a sickly, inbred mongoloid
It's a challenge build for hard. Unfair Iron Man burned me out of Unfair. So I am doing a hard playthrough. I've been doing all kinds of things to spice up my hard playtrhough. Because hard is too easy for me, unfortunately.

>but it was weird that you were using cure moderate consumables for like 3-5hp of damage
I thought moderate potions healed for more than light potions? Maybe I just got bad rolls on the heals?

They do, but you were using them when your guy was only down 3-5hp. They won't take you over max.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom