Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I think Im gonna uninstall and wait for the number-stacking-burnout after Deadfire to pass and the interface standards to lower. Gonna play some shooter.
No reason to wait. You are not Owlcat's target auditory and will never be.
??? rtwp storyfags who like games with broken ai?

Not for those with severe ADHD.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
I have a feeling that if I had a pillar (lol) in the game, I could put my fighter to it and pull the melee assassin around it with Linzi and he would never stop and just eat AoO nonstop...

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius , Haplo just wanted to ask you guys what are the best single target damage feats/rage powers on a two handed barbarian? I guess Power Attack is good and maybe Combat Reflexes if you can trip reliably. With Dirty Fighting through CotW I could turn my barb into a tripper but is it worth it?

I like Animal Totems to get Pounce and Natural Armor, with Reckless Stance and Inspire Ferocity to give whole team stacking to hit. That bonus cancels Power Attack malus.

You can leave the CMs to other toons because you do so much damage per hit. With Combat Reflexes you clean up on the AoOs everyone else generates.

Outflank and Shake it Off are good on all melee, and you don’t get any bonus Feats so that pretty much covers it. Since you have Martial Proficiency you can just use best available Two-hander so don’t need Focus. Don’t need Shatter since AoOs are at full BAB.

Anything worthwhile from CotW mod I should be looking out for?

Tons. But you don't really get into all that goodness until second half of game on Barb AFAICT. Maybe Hurtful/Cornugan?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have a feeling that if I had a pillar (lol) in the game, I could put my fighter to it and pull the melee assassin around it with Linzi and he would never stop and just eat AoO nonstop...
>Be anon
>Attempt Prologue on Hard
>Fail at the first encounter
>Rather then trying to improve tactical play
>Come to forum and bitch about how bad game is
Whoa!

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
??? rtwp storyfags who like games with broken ai?

well beggars cant be choosers, when was the last time a crpg or every other game had a decent AI?

From what I've played recently:
1) Knights of the Chalice has a pretty solid AI beside its odd obsession with grapples.
2) Russian series of King's Bounty games (TBS/RPG) has a decent AI that uses all those nasty spells and abilities on targets where it will hurt the most.
3) Etherlords 1&2, not RPG but gets honorable mention as Owlcat's glorious past, has AI so ridiculously good that you are actually leaning the tricks from it while playing campaign. Alexander Mishulin did some work there so I suppose he can be quite sadistic mf when he is not thinking about Westerners playing his game.

Desiderius

Patron
>Be anon
>Attempt Prologue on Hard
>Fail at the first encounter
Whoa!

She's going for the record for earliest bail.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
The encounter you had so much trouble with on hard:
Character sheet for MC
kxf6zcm.png

Encounter:
1NPPCle.png

hrjPTVc.png

1fLJKCg.png

1yI09CG.png

8CpRusT.png

DmjWW3s.png

C1mLeN1.png

5kDAdQa.png

I wasted too many color sprays on that one encounter. But meh. Wanted to make a point.

Sykar

Arcane
Desiderius , Haplo just wanted to ask you guys what are the best single target damage feats/rage powers on a two handed barbarian? I guess Power Attack is good and maybe Combat Reflexes if you can trip reliably. With Dirty Fighting through CotW I could turn my barb into a tripper but is it worth it?

I like Animal Totems to get Pounce and Natural Armor, with Reckless Stance and Inspire Ferocity to give whole team stacking to hit. That bonus cancels Power Attack malus.

You can leave the CMs to other toons because you do so much damage per hit. With Combat Reflexes you clean up on the AoOs everyone else generates.

Outflank and Shake it Off are good on all melee, and you don’t get any bonus Feats so that pretty much covers it. Since you have Martial Proficiency you can just use best available Two-hander so don’t need Focus. Don’t need Shatter since AoOs are at full BAB.

Tons. But you don't really get into all that goodness until second half of game on Barb AFAICT. Maybe Hurtful/Cornugan?

Not sure if Cornugon works well with dumped charisma.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Try this feat: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/intimidating-prowess-combat/

Daidre

Arcane

It could work with Intimidating Prowess to add STR mod. But imho Barb is a bit feat starved to take anything beside Weapon Focus > Dazzling Display > Shatter Defense from intimidation line.
Feats I usually take on them:
- Power Attack > Cleave > Cleaving Finish
- Outflank
- Blind Fight
- Improved Crit
- Heavy Armor for Mythril Full Plates
- Raging Brutality is interesting feat from CotW to add 1 - 1.5 CON to damage while raging.

Desiderius

Patron
Don’t need Shatter with Reckless.

That saves three feats.

Only prereq for Cornugan is Power Attack, which you already want.

No need to dump anything on non-casters. Physical stats are easy to boost. Take 12 on every stat before spending points.

Desiderius

Patron
Is Cleave really that useful later in the game?

Cleave, Vital, and Pounce are all Standard Actions. They’re absurd combined with good Move Actions like Freebooter’s Bane.

Pure Barb just go Pounce assassin + Combat Reflexes for all the (single-target) attax.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
The encounter you had so much trouble with on hard
I didnt. On 3rd reload 2 fan of flames landed on all of htem, lucky me.
What was your point in making a sorc and massaging the dice? I did it with a wizard, much more tactical than you.

Oh, I see, its an official Owlcat cocksucking forum full of cuck NPCs. Bad game good! Leave Britney allooooooone!

The game has a crappy UI and usability and a retarded, exploitable AI - wchih jumped at me in the first fucking encounter!
Now I dont know if the AI behaviour is as exploitable as I imagine it is but shitting self in frist encounter is a terrible sing.
And from what I generally read about the AI and an AI mod that improves the something something necromancer, I just might be right.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Tell me hwhat fanboys, if I make 2 fighters and present the AI one of them, it lock onto him and then I pull it around the second fighter - will it continue running around locked on and eat AoO?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The game has a crappy UI and usability and a retarded, exploitable AI - wchih jumped at me in the first fucking encounter!
Yeah, I'm one of the fanboys but this is true. The UI is serviceable, but it's ugly and poorly designed. However It's still a minor flaw and doesn't ruin the game at all, in my opinion. The AI is as dumb as it gets and the game even tells you that with its loading tips, but the game still manages to be fun and challenging at times. Fortunately, Wrath of the Righteous should improve it noticeably.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Oh, I see, its an official Owlcat cocksucking forum full of cuck NPCs. Bad game good! Leave Britney allooooooone!

What the hell is wrong with the UI? It's one of the very best UI's I've ever come across in a game, it's highly informative about nearly every aspect of the game (except for conditions grrr).

I think all of us here have bitched about the game from time to time, it's certainly not perfect, but all things considered it's still one of the best games around at the moment. Give it a chance. Try the turn-based mod if you hate the AI so much.

Desiderius

Patron

What the hell is wrong with the UI? It's one of the very best UI's I've ever come across in a game, it's highly informative about nearly every aspect of the game (except for conditions grrr).

I think all of us here have bitched about the game from time to time, it's certainly not perfect, but all things considered it's still one of the best games around at the moment. Give it a chance. Try the turn-based mod if you hate the AI so much.

You eventually learn what each condition does by Inspecting mobs with each condition, or hovering your mouse over your own.

UI is fine but has a little too much hidden information that takes awhile to learn how to find. I find the aesthetics very pleasing. Not Diablo/Deadfire level but like a comfy chair that works well for watching a long movie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom