Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Congratulations. Your game is bugged :)

I've done the Womb quest as fast as possible and then I went to the Capital. First time I've entered the map I could talk with Jhod however he got mortally wounded once I've cleared all the mobs from the map.

On successive reloads, he was still mortally wounded. In other words, you can save both if you game glitched (assuming that the developers went for binary outcomes).
There are two ways to save both of them:
If you're Lawful, you can tell Kesten to go do his job and get to the capital. Otherwise, go right to the Womb, save Kesten, and don't explore any further. Immediately turn around and go save Jhod, then go finish the Womb later.
Great bug on the stream,
p4yqoCT.jpg

Russian capital of Klykograd must not fall into the hands of generic Anglo fantasy naming conventions.

Speaking of, can you actually rename your capital or are you stuck with the original name?
You can rename it.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Congratulations. Your game is bugged :)

I've done the Womb quest as fast as possible and then I went to the Capital. First time I've entered the map I could talk with Jhod however he got mortally wounded once I've cleared all the mobs from the map.

On successive reloads, he was still mortally wounded. In other words, you can save both if you game glitched (assuming that the developers went for binary outcomes).

I managed to save both, but the player's alignment might have consequences here. I tracked down Kesten at the Goblin Fort, and as a Lawful-aligned character, my PC was able to convince Kesten to stop trying to play the hero and instead head back to the capital to help Jhod. I played through the Womb at a leisurely pace, and on heading to the capital next, both Jhod and Kesten were alive and well at the end of the boss fight.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Great bug on the stream,
p4yqoCT.jpg

Russian capital of Klykograd must not fall into the hands of generic Anglo fantasy naming conventions.

Speaking of, can you actually rename your capital or are you stuck with the original name?

That's not a bug, i think he just named his main character and capital in cyryllic.

Elex

Arbiter
I have to admit and say that my goodwill for the game is starting to evaporate.

I just finished the Womb for the 2nd time and it was anything else except fun. Maybe I'm retarded but the mobs stats are so bloated that my fighter and Amiri were simply missing all their hits (with and without Power Strike penalties).

My party was probably under-leveled for this dungeon (at lvl 9) but the encounters balance seems to be off: in one location I was killing mobs without getting hit and close by I was getting raped by almost the same configuration of mobs (!?). I'm no expert in the intricacies of the combat mechanics but I'm pretty sure this kind of shit should not happen.

Example: My Valerie has 35 AC without buffs (she is also a Stalwart Defender). With buffs she is like 40+ (probably over 45) and these mobs are doing 30-40 dmg to her (!?) I don't understand how this is possible when my fighter with 20+ STR and 19 Attack (without buffs) cannot hit shit. Every mob in this dungeon has like 27+ AC and my specialized character with some of the best two-handed weapons in the game until this point cannot do any damage to some mobs unless he hits a Natural 20. What the fuck!?

And if this is not enough then there is this kind of stuff:
You can rush to the Womb in order to save Kersten but then you will lose Jhod. And if you go to the Capital then Jhod will live but Kersten will die. You cannot save both of them.

Also the Womb's mobs have inflated stats compared to the mobs invading the Capital therefore the better choice is obvious: save the Capital first.

It looks like the game is starting to fell apart after the Troll king quest meaning that if you do the main story quests too fast then the main story will progress faster and most players will not be prepared for what is coming to them.
Basically the recommended play style looks like this: level up your party members as much as possible (while combing the map for XP) and then level up your kingdom. Don't rush to solve main story quests.
If you are lucky then the quests might trigger in a somewhat feasible way otherwise you are fucked.

Now, I will assume that some people will start saying "Git gud!" but the game has some real issues. Too may times the final outcome of some encounters depend on your party pre-positioning or pre-buffing. And the difference is not insignificant; it's between not taking any damage and party wipe. I honestly don't understand how RNG is working in this game.

I need to cool off and probably restart ... next month.
you can play in story mode there is no shame in move the slider after the game start.

some classes at certain levels get massive power spike so yes be underlevelled can really make a difference even one level can.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Example: My Valerie has 35 AC without buffs (she is also a Stalwart Defender). With buffs she is like 40+ (probably over 45) and these mobs are doing 30-40 dmg to her (!?) I don't understand how this is possible when my fighter with 20+ STR and 19 Attack (without buffs) cannot hit shit. Every mob in this dungeon has like 27+ AC and my specialized character with some of the best two-handed weapons in the game until this point cannot do any damage to some mobs unless he hits a Natural 20. What the fuck!?

Monsters in Chapter 1 have around 26-28 AC.

Get 20 in Str (or Dex) from start, use Bard song, use priest buffs (Bless, Prayer), use + weapons, focus in weapon, etc. I had +15 to hit on lvl 3 ranger with masterwork (+1 to hit) bow. You have, what, lvl 8 with +19 to hit?

If you dont build character for harder difficulty, lower difficulty.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I thought that Steam was full of whiners ("too much AC").

Play on Normal or Easy.

Hard and Unfair are for optimised parties. No, lvl 8 with +19 to hit is not optimised.

Yes, 27 AC mob is usual mob that you meet in Chapter 1 on unfair. Chapter 1, when you have lvl 1-3s. Not your 8 lvls who are just bad and this is reason they cant hit and cant take damage.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hm, it's entirely possible, but I've done it twice so far without any apparent issue arising from it. What I did was go to the Womb, rescue the chap there, leave and go back to the capital, fight off the owlbear, save Jhod, go back to the Womb. I've found if you do it without any pause, sleeping, etc, you can get there before either guy's death timer counts to 0

I get it. You cannot save both if you finish the Womb because you have to rest in the Womb. My mistake.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Monsters in Chapter 1 have around 26-28 AC.

Get 20 in Str (or Dex) from start, use Bard song, use priest buffs (Bless, Prayer), use + weapons, focus in weapon, etc. I had +15 to hit on lvl 3 ranger with masterwork (+1 to hit) bow. You have, what, lvl 8 with +19 to hit?

If you dont build character for harder difficulty, lower difficulty.

I thought that Steam was full of whiners ("too much AC").

Play on Normal or Easy.

Hard and Unfair are for optimised parties. No, lvl 8 with +19 to hit is not optimised.

Yes, 27 AC mob is usual mob that you meet in Chapter 1 on unfair. Chapter 1, when you have lvl 1-3s. Not your 8 lvls who are just bad and this is reason they cant hit and cant take damage.

I already did whatever you posted. I don't want to call you a retard for nothing. How far are you in the game?

Shadenuat

Arcane
My party was probably under-leveled for this dungeon (at lvl 9) but the encounters balance seems to be off
With most of basic mobs in Womb it's all about their high DEX bonuses and concealment. Glitterdust removes most of the problems there.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Too bad she's not Evoker

No shit. Transmuter isn't a terrible specialty but it's a waste with Arcane Trickster. Poor synergy. One of yet another many baffling build choices.
Well as single "real" arcane caster they gave her most general purpose, noob friendly school.

And they made sure many noobs would be stuck for hours in her high dc Webs :shittydog:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I think he's more Chaotic good who thinks himself as Lawful neutral.
Anyway, 1k ppl watching the stream. Seems a lot, nice.

Israfael

Arcane
There were around 10k viewers on steam for a week after the game released, with 4-7k at late night in Moscow. Probably twitch sound problems scared most people away

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom