Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Serus

Arcane
Patron
City, towns and a couple of villages.:rpgcodex:
So ONE small city and "a couple" of villages. That must be the tiniest "kingdom" I've ever heard about.
No sorry, Lawrence Watt-Evans in his "With a single spell" book (part of Legends of Ethsar series) there is a region of the world called "Old Ethsar" IIRC that is made of "kingdoms" of similar size as well. Let's just add that it's a tongue-in-cheek series of books and the main export merchandise of these kingdoms are... the princesses.
Fun stuff, the magic is actually quite cool in those books, there are a dozen of different types of magic and the one the main hero of "With a single spell" uses is heavily reliant on using different rare and sometimes strange ingredients. Also some imaginative use of magic, like creating magic trees to grow different kinds of... meat for food.

Couple of questions for people who finished the game or went way past chapter 4:

In barb camp, when you are picking your allegiance, does it really affect anything? Specifically, what's the difference between going neutral peacekeeper route and going independent?

Also, is Tristian and that Tentacle chick are the only councilors available?

_______

Tomb on Unfair is such a rape factory it's insane, getting pounded by 200+ cleaves sure is fun. Hilariously the last fight is probably the easiest of them all. Trap rooms are super deadly tho, also there's a locked door on the first floor and I can't remember if there's anything worthwhile behind it (I think it should be hostages or someshit, but it won't open either due to bug or me being blind again), I guess I shouldn't really bother trying to crack it, but I don't want to skip any of them artifact shards. Speaking of which, does anyone know if there's a list on where to find em?

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This game's addictive as fuck; I haven't had this much fun playing a cRPG in years.

I've spent countless hours just thinking of a party composition I want to have - this is what I'm looking for in this genre. This and putting them to a test - and there's plenty of opportunities to do so. I'm already coming up with ideas on what to play next.

The story's refreshinginly simple, with a clear motivation laid out right from the beginning. And the writing...it's surprisingly good. There are some bad examples near the beginning (particularly companion dialogue), but, weirdly enough, it seems to be improving the more I play. It's not fantastic, mind you (though it can be in places), but it doesn't overstay its welcome and is relatively light on exposition (the hyperlinks are used to a good effect).

Even though I'm not a fan of the art style (Deadfire's far superior on this front), the game has its charm and actually looks much better than you'd think just looking at screenshots.

Looking forward to playing more - I'll post more detailed impressions then.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Is your barony super wealthy or something
I said "kingdom"
Except your holdings is what? A town and a couple of villages. Such kingdom, so much kingdomness.
I take it you are pretty bad with history then. It seem you haven't heard about the glorious Holy Roman Empire?!
Also you play as a baron...
What has Holy Roman Empire has to do with anything? It was larger than today's Germany for its whole history until its dissolution in early 1800s during Napoleonic era. Talking about "bad with history"...
Also I never said that you didn't.

Andnjord

Arcane
there's a locked door on the first floor and I can't remember if there's anything worthwhile behind it (I think it should be hostages or someshit, but it won't open either due to bug or me being blind again), I guess I shouldn't really bother trying to crack it, but I don't want to skip any of them artifact shards. Speaking of which, does anyone know if there's a list on where to find em?
The one from the little CYOA interlude? That room has some random cool stuff, some scrolls and potions and gold, but nothing major.

And to your other question:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Oohmu7N8NziK6BKcD_mI9795U/edit#gid=1618802098

But it's missing some stuff, namely the Cypress Queen and Fallen Hero sets are incomplete.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is your barony super wealthy or something
I said "kingdom"
Except your holdings is what? A town and a couple of villages. Such kingdom, so much kingdomness.
I take it you are pretty bad with history then. It seem you haven't heard about the glorious Holy Roman Empire?!
Also you play as a baron...
What has Holy Roman Empire has to do with anything? It was larger than today's Germany for its whole history until its dissolution in early 1800s during Napoleonic era. Talking about "bad with history"...
Also I never said that you didn't.
It was made by small baronies and duchies that were no bigger than the one in the game. It was not a real country but a collective of such small states with similar culture.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Tristian not having the healing domain is one of the many examples of "Owlcat doesn't want you to have nice things." I know he's bugged, but even if he wasn't; the Good domain? Really? Come. On. What a terrible pick. Fire + Healing is way better, his deity even has access to healing. Free Empower on all cure spells? Hell yes.

Tristian is what caused me to splurge 18k gold and create a custom cleric..... after adding 18k with a save editor

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Tristian not having the healing domain is one of the many examples of "Owlcat doesn't want you to have nice things." I know he's bugged, but even if he wasn't; the Good domain? Really? Come. On. What a terrible pick. Fire + Healing is way better, his deity even has access to healing. Free Empower on all cure spells? Hell yes.

Tristian is what caused me to splurge 18k gold and create a custom cleric..... after adding 18k with a save editor

Or you can just respec him with the respec mod...if you're gonna create merc to replace the companion, who can be easily respecced, what's the point?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
respec mod on nexus is currently bugged, companions only get 20 points' worth of point-buy when respecced, instead of the default 25 point buy. it also has other glitches related to racial passives wherein they stick even after respeccing.

Personally I'd recommend editing the party.json file found inside your latest save game (use 7zip to open) and see if the domains are listed there, and if they are then change them.

Codex Year of the Donut
respec mod on nexus is currently bugged, companions only get 20 points' worth of point-buy when respecced, instead of the default 25 point buy. it also has other glitches related to racial passives wherein they stick even after respeccing.

Personally I'd recommend editing the party.json file found inside your latest save game (use 7zip to open) and see if the domains are listed there, and if they are then change them.
only the main character gets 25 points
go hire a companion, you'll only get 20 points

ArchAngel

Arcane
This game is YUGE! Easily the size of BG2. After figuring this out, I can forgive all the bugs. These devs had no chance to release such a YUGE! game without lots of bugs. Not as their first release. They skipped making BG1 and went straight for BG2. Crazy RUssians!

jungl

Augur
respecing ur team is pointless. You dont have to powergame in tabletop rpgs like dnd and drakensang OH you have more to hit then the enemy has armor class? You cream them. Gain a level up or buff and that is all you need.

Riel

Arcane

What I do when I start over is not level up in Oleg's Trade Post until after the fending off the bandits so I can recruit custom mercs for 100 gold each (yes 100g regardless of Eight Eyes saying it's 500) I create a bunch of mercs so I can customize my party all game long. Which to be honest given I have restarted so many times is not that long... :oops:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

Or you can just respec him with the respec mod...if you're gonna create merc to replace the companion, who can be easily respecced, what's the point?

Respec mod seemed really iffy in an already buggy game, just adding some gold seemed the safest choice.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

But is this a bug or a feature?

Serus

Arcane
Patron

But is this a bug or a feature?
A feature would be my guess. 25 is a very high amount for point buy ("epic fantasy" level in pathfinder) so it seems logical that even if your main char gets it, the lowly mercs get less. Can't be sure of curse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom