Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker is getting an Enhanced Edition, to be released alongside final DLC on June 6th

Shadenuat

Arcane
Enhanced kingdom management system

How about terminating it, rather than "enhancing"? Using a bad facebook idler game as a central element to drive gameplay has to be one of the most :retarded: design decisions in recent RPG history, putting this game in PoE territory of retarded.
It's from AP, and in AP it's way worse. Part of the deal and probably what Paizo wanted.

The enhanced version of AP Paizo re-releases soon for example will include 16 pages of large tables to track your Kingdom stuff.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Is kingdom on auto fixed now?

Dunno but honestly I doubt it. Whether you play with Kingdom on "auto" or "effortless" you still need something like Cheat Menu or Bag of Tricks to truly be safe from game-breaking issues. I also used Fast Travel and Scale XP to make the game worth playing.

Even for munchkin there is little reason to do kingdom management, ive finished too quickly to obtain top tier items

Kingdom management seems to serve several different purposes..

1) neo-gamer hipsters LOVE minigames (and they constitute the majority of their audience)
2) cheap trick to prolong gameplay hours artificially
3) easier to use a facebook idler game to facilitate gameplay, than make up traditional content and traditional quest structure
4) useful as a stretch goal to manipulate customers (that's why these games like PoE or PK typically end up having a shit ton of feature bloat)

Last edited:

Jamma

Novice
I've waited half a year to play this. I need it. Please don't go into another patching frenzy with the enhanced edition.

Vorark

Erudite
I'm a bit confused by the news: the EE is just a re-launch of the base game with improvements (similar to Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition) or does it also encompass all the DLCs?

Goddammit, games these days have so many editions and re-releases... :shredder:

Grejuva

Educated
They better release a turn-based mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom