Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is the greatest CRPG ever made.

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

Think of this as the release of Arcanum, but in 2018 with devs who can and are actively fixing the game. We have a new Arcanum on our hands, but one that is going to be fixed by the devs themselves. Pure incline.

Incendax

Augur
My save games were erased, my second party bugged with infinite healing and animal companions, and my third party bugged so the story would not progress.

I really, really want to like this game. But it's like playing Russian Roulette right now.

Tomatohead

Learned
that's not how you spell elex
It's sitting on my hd and I haven't played it properly since I bought it. I just forget... Should I try? Has it recently received patches (never mind I actually have 1.0.2955.0).
EDIT: Okay, I might start it as my Red Dead 2 order didn't go through, something wrong with my credit card, I was pissed.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

It's sitting on my hd and I haven't played it properly since I bought it. I just forget... Should I try? Has it recently received patches?

ELEX is great, but not comparable in the realm of isometric RPGs. ELEX is the best action CRPG, if that's a term. Up there with Risen 1, great game.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
I haven't encountered any game-breaking bugs. Sure, it has some issues, but probably less then people make it out to be. Half the time when people complain about bugs, they just don't understand the system or it's rules. That, or they are just reinforcing their preconceived notion based on what they've heard before.

jungl

Augur
Baldurs gate series is superior. Third edition DnD sucks in real time cause of the damage bloat. Combat starts starting around level 8. One guy gets surrounded instantly and explodes in chunks taking over 500 damage in one round.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
i don t know, i think most classics are better, thou i do find it better than bg.

i like flawed gems that do something fantastic in a area more than balanced, good games in everything, without great points.

as such arcanum and planescape are my favorites. that said even talking about '' balanced '' games i think both fallouts win against pathfinder.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nah, PS:T is better. Original Fallouts too.

It's better then Baldur's Gate and the NWNs though, and that is something.
Pretty much on par with Pillars of Eternity. Impressive, considering the relatively small budget.

Codex Year of the Donut
Nah, PS:T is better. Original Fallouts too.

It's better then Baldur's Gate and the NWNs though, and that is something.
Pretty much on par with Pillars of Eternity. Impressive, considering the relatively small budget.
I like this post.
This is a good post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom