Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It depends on the number of claimed regions. I think it was 3 regions per 1 town. But you have to start with your capital, so you can upgrade the second village after you claim 6 regions I guess.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i need around 2,5 months to start chapter 3 and got the offer to incorporate the north nalmarches,when the dire will become available?

about the artisans,when the elf maker asked me to find out her last apprentice i choose the option to not get involved in which case she was kinda pissed,havent seen her to bring me anything since then.
hope i didnt get fucked!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Uh, you might have.

Too bad, she can make some sweet swords (although out of the best stuff she can make, she only brought me her masterpiece longsword that I gave to Val.. wait, come to think of it, she also brought me a sweet scimitar).

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
i need around 2,5 months to start chapter 3 and got the offer to incorporate the north nalmarches,when the dire will become available?

Dire is available after completing plot event there in chapter 4.

about the artisans,when the elf maker asked me to find out her last apprentice i choose the option to not get involved in which case she was kinda pissed,havent seen her to bring me anything since then.
hope i didnt get fucked!
You definitely did. You lost her masterpiece item (+5 longsword) and possibly everything else too.

This list is not 100% but there is lot useful info

https://old.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/9o5kkh/artisan_specific_items_list/

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, if you want to go on with that... she never gave me that sweet ECB of hers either. There is one "hidden" end game ECB that you can get fairly early, after Act 3 (not without a fight though!). Just.. make sure you explore thoroughly and collect all the pieces of the Cloak of Sold Souls.

Daidre

Arcane
I was replaying M&M 6 last two weekends before 1.3. My mileage of "tons of trash mobs" moved a lot after this experience. P:K looks barren now)

Daidre

Arcane
Hmm, my impression that AC in P:K could seem a bit overtuned, but definitely not HP. Moving up between difficulties adds meager +2-4 HP/level from extra CON but there is no default +50 - 100% HP like in POE.
In later chapters, when melee have no problems with hitting mobs, it is damn hard to find anything that is still standing after one round of full attacks from 1-2 chars.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Hmm, my impression that AC in P:K could seem a bit overtuned, but definitely not HP. Moving up between difficulties adds meager +2-4 HP/level from extra CON but there is no default +50 - 100% HP like in POE.
In later chapters, when melee have no problems with hitting mobs, it is damn hard to find anything that is still standing after one round of full attacks from 1-2 chars.

True, although I feel SOME NPCs especially during Ch1 have many many more HP than a PC of the same level and build. I haven't systematically looked at every one via Inspect, it just feels that way.
In general the difficulty is the worst during Ch1 and Ch7, ironically.

Sykar

Arcane
If only they WERE pure trash mobs, instead most of them are overtuned sacks of HP.

Stop playing above Challenging then. You should have realized by now playing above it is tedious bullshit since all it does is inflating stats. Hell I would love nothing more than a complete re-balance of magical items and their accessibility and play with core rules only. I mean seriously you can find +2 weapons before level 5. Smh.

Please do not give anyone ideas. The problem comes more so from the far too easy sneak attacks and overabundance of OP magical weapons.

Cael

Arcane
If only they WERE pure trash mobs, instead most of them are overtuned sacks of HP.

Stop playing above Challenging then. You should have realized by now playing above it is tedious bullshit since all it does is inflating stats. Hell I would love nothing more than a complete re-balance of magical items and their accessibility and play with core rules only. I mean seriously you can find +2 weapons before level 5. Smh.

Please do not give anyone ideas. The problem comes more so from the far too easy sneak attacks and overabundance of OP magical weapons.
The term "Monty Haul" is used by 3.x players as derogatory. With paiturd, it is a foundation pillar.

Sykar

Arcane
The term "Monty Haul" is used by 3.x players as derogatory. With paiturd, it is a foundation pillar.

Yeah they really should tone down the magic items inflation crap well in most cRPGs. I mean just look at this crap:

You definitely did. You lost her masterpiece item (+5 longsword)

Technically it's more like +7, since it additionally provides +2 attack and damage (and AC, saves and skills).

That is something you should at most get from a fucking ultra hard boss encounter on the side which should be hard to reach and only at levels past 17. This is a godly weapon, getting it from an artisan is a freaking joke. Personally my rough guideline would be:

Prologue: Only normal weapons and armor
Chapter 1: Only masterwork items. Maybe a magical +2 attribute belt/helm at most.
Chapter 2: First +1 weapons/armors
Chapter 3: Moving on to +2 slowly
Chapter 4: Getting to +3
Chapter 5: First +4 items appear
Chapter 6: Finally +5

And I'd still have +4 and +5 weapons as very rare find and very difficult to acquire. Such weapons are the stuff of legends like Excalibur from the Arthur saga. Getting them should be a major achievment. It reminds me of the retarded Robe of Vecna in BG 2 which was laughably easy to get. The solution with a mod was that it moved it to Watcher's Keep as a drop from a Lich who was wearing it and whose AI was optimized to take full advantage of it.
THAT is how such items should be acquired. Not mere rare shit you buy or get from some artisan.

Hell +2 weapons should be reasonably rare and expensive to acquire. Yet that +2 Greatclub at the end of chapter 1 is a joke in terms of acquisition.

Cael

Arcane

Yeah they really should tone down the magic items inflation crap well in most cRPGs. I mean just look at this crap:

You definitely did. You lost her masterpiece item (+5 longsword)

Technically it's more like +7, since it additionally provides +2 attack and damage (and AC, saves and skills).

That is something you should at most get from a fucking ultra hard boss encounter on the side which should be hard to reach and only at levels past 17. This is a godly weapon, getting it from an artisan is a freaking joke. Personally my rough guideline would be:

Prologue: Only normal weapons and armor
Chapter 1: Only masterwork items
Chapter 2: First +1 weapons
Chapter 3: Moving on to slowly +2
Chapter 4: Getting to +3
Chapter 5: First +4 items appear
Chapter 6: Finally +5

And I'd still have +4 and +5 weapons as very rare find and very difficult to acquire. Such weapons are the stuff of legends like Excalibur from the Arthur saga. Getting them should be a major achievment. It reminds me of the retarded Robe of Vecna in BG 2 which was laughably easy to get. The solution with a mod was that it moved it to Watcher's Keep as a drop from a Lich who was wearing it and whose AI was optimized to take full advantage of it.
THAT is how such items should be acquired. Not mere rare shit you buy or get from some artisan.

Hell +2 weapons should be reasonably rare and expensive to acquire. Yet that +2 Greatclub at the end of chapter 1 is a joke in terms of acquisition.
It should be tied to your expected level at that stage of the game. A rule of thumb is +1 every 4 levels. Every 3.5 levels if you are feeling generous (and so they have +5 weapons before level 20 so that they have a chance to use the damned things instead of getting them just as the game ends).

Oh, incidentally, Excalibur is a Sword of Sharpness (+1 keen longsword). It is not Excalibur that is the powerful artifact, even though it is the one with the name. It is the scabbard that is the artifact. It outright prevents you from losing blood. In other words, no Con loss or negative levels from blood drain, DR 30 vs slashing and piercing, and probably some level of DR vs blunt as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom