Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Castle of Knives location was fun.
Good mix of enemies, threatening enough to keep it interesting, some surprises too.
Guess it's time to start focusing on Fortitude based damage spells and Heals, mainly for hordes of ghosts and swarms.

Decided to give the First Crown to the Inquistitor of Pharasma, wonder what that will bring.

Now I wonder if I should leave on a goose chase after some weird monks or wrap it up. Decisions, decisions.

Seems like I'm missing 1 charge on the Lonely Barrow key. Good thing I looted that place a long time ago, so I don't have to run like a headless chicken looking for some location/enemy I have missed.
But also I'm missing 1 piece of Star Commander's Gloves.

Min didn't bring me her masterpiece. A pity. Then again, I can wear the funny Ring of Circumstances and have a buffed Str of 50 now (and +2 Skill Checks and +2 AC and +1 saves from Dex/Wis).
Have most other masterpieces I guess. Except Tirval's.
No Redeemer longsword or Clarity Elven Curved Blade from Nazrielle, though :( Damn, wanted that Transformation effect and Clarity with Ghost Touch would be very helpful vs those guardian ghosts.

Last edited:

Simple Simon

Scholar
Damn i can't beat varnhold's lot final fight, my character is a kinetic knight while the rest of the party are the 3 default guys:
Freeboter, Halflong scaled fist and the wwf cleric.

All are level 9 and even buffed i cannot kill the boss before he dps me down, isn't the shield spell supposed to block magic missiles?

The way I beat that fight was summon a bunch of peeps with the herald caller, prebuff everybody, put on remove fear and resist electricity if you got it, and then focus the mimic down. He melts pretty quickly if you put the legendary proportion armor on the dagger-wielding freebooter. Make sure you are using the freebooter's bond/bane stuff too.

Sykar

Arcane
Damn i can't beat varnhold's lot final fight, my character is a kinetic knight while the rest of the party are the 3 default guys:

All are level 9 and even buffed i cannot kill the boss before he dps me down, isn't the shield spell supposed to block magic missiles?

The way I beat that fight was summon a bunch of peeps with the herald caller, prebuff everybody, put on remove fear and resist electricity if you got it, and then focus the mimic down. He melts pretty quickly if you put the legendary proportion armor on the dagger-wielding freebooter. Make sure you are using the freebooter's bond/bane stuff too.

Summons are buffable? Thought they are ignored when you cast stuff like Haste. Maybe I saw wrong.

Simple Simon

Scholar
what legendary proportion armor?where did you found it?

Here's all the items from the DLC. I found this on a steam thread. I was referring to the battlemaster's plate. I believe that was in the last dungeon of the DLC but I do not remember which enemy dropped it. I never found the furious greater shock oversized sword myself.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This armor lies on the corpse next to Anach closed in barrier in the main portal room in the DLC big Dungeon (next to non-hostile dog running around that is another secret). You need to delve pretty far into portal labyrinth to remove barrier - lot farther than for plot advance.

zapotec

Liturgist

The mimic falls down pretty quickly, it's that damn wisp with his machine gun magic missile, i guess i don't have enough DPS.

Another question, the Improved Uncanny dodge feat states:
"Characters with Improved Uncanny Dodge can no longer be flanked. "
Does this mean that the effect from the Back to Back feat will not work anymore?

razvedchiki

Erudite
Here's all the items from the DLC. I found this on a steam thread. I was referring to the battlemaster's plate. I believe that was in the last dungeon of the DLC but I do not remember which enemy dropped it. I never found the furious greater shock oversized sword myself.

maybe you confuse the plate with the oversized bastard sword?
The sword is probably the one the general holds if you choose the ending where you ask for the power to protect varnhold.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Summons are buffable? Thought they are ignored when you cast stuff like Haste. Maybe I saw wrong.
From my experience AoE buffs don't work on summons. Maybe you can buff they directly with single target spells.

Simple Simon

Scholar
I don't think summons are buffable but you can buff the elk pet the herald caller has. I just meant to say that you should prebuff everybody before engaging. Thanks for clarifying where that sword comes from. I am pretty sure it is the armor that gives you the legendary proportions buff. I know it says greater heroism in that image but I think that was changed.

Simple Simon

Scholar
I apologize, I checked my save from the DLC when I got home and it turns out it was the belt.
The gobbo merchant doesn't sell it back to you unfortunately in the main game. That belt is pretty nice.

Xeon

Augur
I read that you get a reward if you finish Act 1 within 1 month, is there something similar for the other chapters? I don't mean time limits but special rewards if you are fast enough or something.

Tried looking it up but nada so far, trying to look up a guide as well for optimal path to do all areas and quests in Act1 while still be within 1 month but don't think that is possible, maybe doable if on easier difficulty since you might not need to rest or something I think.

Edit:
This is more important, for Kingdom, some events I can just get them and go do something else but some events like the ranking and taking areas advance time by a lot, should I be careful and be more conservative or can I just do whatever for the most part?

Since I am playing a Druid, I am thinking of romancing the Nymph so hopefully its not too cringy since I saw a guide about her romance being secret and some secret ending or something, didn't read too much of it tho so not to spoil my self.

Last edited:

Simple Simon

Scholar
I read that you get a reward if you finish Act 1 within 1 month, is there something similar for the other chapters? I don't mean time limits but special rewards if you are fast enough or something.

Tried looking it up but nada so far, trying to look up a guide as well for optimal path to do all areas and quests in Act1 while still be within 1 month but don't think that is possible, maybe doable if on easier difficulty since you might not need to rest or something I think.

Edit:
This is more important, for Kingdom, some events I can just get them and go do something else but some events like the ranking and taking areas advance time by a lot, should I be careful and be more conservative or can I just do whatever for the most part?

Since I am playing a Druid, I am thinking of romancing the Nymph so hopefully its not too cringy since I saw a guide about her romance being secret and some secret ending or something, didn't read too much of it tho so not to spoil my self.

The reward for completing the stag lord quickly is a +2 dueling sword. No other material bonuses that I am aware for other chapters. It is still a good idea to complete the other main missions quickly because if you don't, problems arise and they suck up your advisors or cause unrest in your kingdom. You also have to balance that with exploring/adventuring so your characters are at an appropriate level with the enemies faced during the main quest. Usually, it is best to do region claiming and kingdom stat rank ups once you have completed the main mission for a chapter.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
i spent all my money on BP, in pitax chapters there are alot of good weapons and armors on sale i dont have money for it :(

The items will be for sale in Pitax once you claim it. You'll have plenty of time between defeating Irovetti and getting to end-game (like about a year), so you can still loot plenty of stuff and artisans should bring you souvenirs worth hundreds of thousands of gold. Just the loot from the palace was worth quite a bit I think.

Before end game I could even afford this ridiculous Ring of Circumstances for like 370k gold. Having my Str reach 50 and buff 2 other stats -> AC by 2 & saves by 1 and skills by 2 also also was quite worth it :)

EDIT: Come to think of it, the stuff I've looted throughout Act V made most of these weapons & armors from the tournament obsolete. Only the trinkets/items/belts/rods remained useful-to-great.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I apologize, I checked my save from the DLC when I got home and it turns out it was the belt.
The gobbo merchant doesn't sell it back to you unfortunately in the main game. That belt is pretty nice.

That's cool. Although 13 rounds? So they heavily nerfed the duration of the spell (regular spell is minutes per level, not rounds). Still seems nice.

bataille

Arcane
Wait, you miss treasure if you
let Vordekai live and possess Varn?

So much for RP. :negative:
The flavor text is pretty cool, though.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Been doing my first play-through of this and enjoying it. Enormous amount of depth. Question: is there a setting or a mod that allows the camera zoom in/out controlled by the mouse wheel to go faster or have higher increments? Otherwise I consider the interface pretty much perfect. I'm just a short way away from finding the stag lord I think and I haven't noticed any bugs.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am officially beaten by a russian woman named Ekaterina on all fronts

Recent reviews by katerin.kar

Recommended

1,195.1 hrs on record
Best thing that happened to genre since Baldur's Gate 2.

who apparently has also no problems playing with basic companions like Tristian on Unfair. member codexers, every time you say game is hard, there is some russian girl Katya beating shit out of Unfair with pure class Tristian and such and 1200 hours in the game.

Last edited:
Just dropping in to say that just one feature of the alchemist is stupidly overpowered.

Infusions.

When buffed at lv 14, my sylvan sorc's kitty has around 10 more AC and almost 1.5x saves than pure class equipped/buffed Valerie (+4 Full plate, tower-shield, +3 deflection/resistance/natural armor acc and +4 stat belt and headband). Also trips and hits like a truck. Which dumb hoe with tranny jaw is too stupid and weak to do apparently.

MottiIC.jpg

Yeah personal buffs like shield and echolocation can make your animal companions uber powered. Not to mention fast bombs greater cognactogen and rapid shot with curse bombs is a debuff slaughter machine. Immunities? No problemo! bring out the force bombs and blast them incorporeal undead to smithereens.

And this play-through I don't even have access to lv 6 spells like transformation on the grenadier yet. Transform your DW sneak attacker rogues for your combat log to go into epileptic seizure.

Also tried a feral mutagen/feral wings vivisectionist with winter wolf cloak, mighty fist amulet, mastery fauchard and alkali gloves. He is damage dealing MVP with mutagen and transformation.

Okay sure, there is the druid...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom