Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
my main character is a wizard and he never uses acid splash unless I specifically tell him and/or set it to auto (for dealing w/ swarms/trolls) if I don't select anything he just uses his crossbow

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
my main character is a wizard and he never uses acid splash unless I specifically tell him and/or set it to auto (for dealing w/ swarms/trolls) if I don't select anything he just uses his crossbow
That is how it was for me too for the first several levels. Then you finally get fireballs and shit. And then every fight is just fireball fireball fireball, ice cone, the fire that bounces between stuff, rest and repeat.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Any caster with Acid Splash will attempt to use it because Owlcat haven't managed to make a sensible AI.
And that AI is still better than players. Using bow with Octavia instead of Acid Splash is a sign of a retard player.

Some people don't specialize her towards Arcane Trickster.
Even then you should not be using a bow. Only reason to use a bow would be to switch completely into a bow character instead of a caster but that is kind of a bad idea for a characters that comes as wizard 1/rogue 1 and has such high Int.

Shadenuat

Arcane
ac doesn't matter

Even then you should not be using a bow. Only reason to use a bow would be to switch completely into a bow character instead of a caster but that is kind of a bad idea for a characters that comes as wizard 1/rogue 1 and has such high Int.
there are at least a few reasons u sometimes want to use bow:
- Flanking is not applicable (and so is sneak attack)
- Target too far
- You want to keep character far away (for example from blinding aura or just aggro)

there is no reason for this AI since Autocast exists.

ArchAngel

Arcane
ac doesn't matter

there are at least a few reasons u sometimes want to use bow:
- Flanking is not applicable (and so is sneak attack)
- Target too far
- You want to keep character far away (for example from blinding aura or just aggro)

there is no reason for this AI since Autocast exists.
1. Acid attack that ignores DR and SR and has 50% more chance to hit is still better.
2. Get closer, you will miss anyways. Or use a real spell.
3. Cast some other spell, don't use a bow.

Efe

Erudite
he can do whatever he wants. its not okay that ai prevents you from doing it when autocast exists.
whats next? you are not allowed to lose?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
There might be 1.3 beta version out today, both on Steam and GOG this time, will be interesting to see what changes it brings.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I can't bring myself to play this again. It's odd, I don't dislike the game at all but the early game is just so trite now and the little bugs and weird design decisions just turn me the fuck off every time I try to replay. You STILL get your entire hotbar shat up with icons when you memorize spells - WHY? :argh:

Cael

Arcane
I can't bring myself to play this again. It's odd, I don't dislike the game at all but the early game is just so trite now and the little bugs and weird design decisions just turn me the fuck off every time I try to replay. You STILL get your entire hotbar shat up with icons when you memorize spells - WHY? :argh:
NWN has a lot to answer for...

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can turn off in options to have icons be auto placed on the hotbar.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You can turn off in options to have icons be auto placed on the hotbar.

It's there but it hasn't worked since release.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It is easy to just move shit off the hotbar. And there are very few bugs now. My only problem with the game is that it is boring. Boring repetitive combat, not enough bosses, boring areas, boring story, boring quests, boring characters, super boring empire management mini game gimmick. But as a tactical RPG it does everything TOEE or BG2 does only in a more modern engine.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NWN has a lot to answer for...
This is why you roll barbarian. No spells to crowd your hotbar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom