Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If they make another Pathfinder game, I wonder if they'll adapt another AP or do something original.

Not sure how much freedom Paizo gives them.

I was just thinking that I'd rather invest my time in playing their game multiple times than re-watching GOT from series 1. Even with whatever restrictions they're under, I think they're doing pretty well.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure if the season pass is worth it...
Like I said before, it seems more like a "support the developers and get some goodies for repeat playthroughs" thing than must-have DLCs. Which is fine if you think about it that way.

Anyway, how can an infinite dungeon have an end boss?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd have done a normal handcrafted dungeon with an end boss and after the end boss there'd be a portal/gate to the actual randomized parts. I still don't know what the point of this DLC is, I guess it's pushing builds to the limit, which is fine, but there are many other games which focus on this exact thing and do it better. I know there's a fanatical cult following of the Infinite Dungeons module of NWN, and I'm certain there will be a fanatical cult following for this too, so more power to them, I guess.

There's also the issue of how much the random loot will unbalance the campaign later on and will it scale infinitely as well.

From Owlcat forums:

* It is set in a Cave, under the stolen lands. The Cave constantly rearranges itself in what is called an "Endless Dungeon."
* Story Content is minimal and atmospheric centered around an end boss. I've been told by reliable sources that the end boss is apparently "really epic in scale."
* You can access the endless dungeon with your main character in "Campaign" mode, or start a new character to explore it from the main menu in "Standalone" Mode.
* This is likely to be the last DLC for the game.
* The Level Cap for this DLC is 20.
* From the Main Menu you start the dungeon in Standalone Mode at level 1. Campaign mode starting level is not yet clear.
* The Party Cap is 6, same as the main game.
* Default mode for Standalone DLC is Last Azlanti.
* Camping will take time in Campaign mode. Standalone has NO time limits.
* Standalone Mode is a Rogue-Iike experience.
* When restarting with a New party after dying in Standalone Mode, you will start with certain boons.
*There will be checkpoints so you don't need to run through 10 minutes of empty dungeons.
* There will be some new enemies.
* The final Boss is also a new enemy.

Would sell my soul if someone would make this Endless Dungeon mode in ToEE.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am just finishing up my evil run. It is fun how in last chapter
when you go do Varnhold but you have Vordekai as your advisor, now him and his giants fight with you vs guards :)

There are a lot of small bits of reactivity in the game that are hard to notice unless you play it over and over again. Here's the one that I noticed just yesterday in chapter 3:

At the bridge where your peasants are fleeing the sinking kingdom there is an old sick man. He tells you to bring him some berries that will cure him, only it turns out those are actually poison so that he can kill himself. Well, this time, either because I had a certain NPC in the party or I passed a hidden skill check, I realized that before I gave him the berries, so instead of letting him kill himself I send him back to be cured. And he is, and can be later seen supporting you during the riot scene.

It's just a little change, but it's quite specific and neat. And there are a lot of these moments in the game.

Cael

Arcane
There are a lot of small bits of reactivity in the game that are hard to notice unless you play it over and over again. Here's the one that I noticed just yesterday in chapter 3:

At the bridge where your peasants are fleeing the sinking kingdom there is an old sick man. He tells you to bring him some berries that will cure him, only it turns out those are actually poison so that he can kill himself. Well, this time, either because I had a certain NPC in the party or I passed a hidden skill check, I realized that before I gave him the berries, so instead of letting him kill himself I send him back to be cured. And he is, and can be later seen supporting you during the riot scene.

It's just a little change, but it's quite specific and neat. And there are a lot of these moments in the game.
He got better, eh? You sure he isn't a bit wall-eyed after that?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Just skimming through the Varnhold's Lot DLC - I probably shouldn't have just clicked through the dialogue with the mustachioed bard pansy boy...
5 secs later it cuts to a scene of us wrecking the place with some OTT gay sex.
:argh:
*Sigh* Whatever happened to the days when you just took an alignment hit?.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Did you know that some of the Owlcat Games team members did the voiceover for some of the monsters in the game? That's right when you fight a mandragora, a troll or some other monsters, you may hear one of the game designers or narrative designers roar!

It today's video the studio's Game Designer Leonid Tolochenko is trolling!

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why do these guys only use their Kickstarter updates to promote Paizo merchandise?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2510178

"Kingmaker" 10th Anniversary Edition - Help Paizo Reprint the Original Adventure!

Let’s say that you’ve just slain a raging Jabberwock and thought to yourself, “I sure wish I could play the tabletop adventure that inspired the devs to make this!”

Or maybe huddling round the fire with Octavia and Amiri and Regongar made you think of sitting down at the gaming table with your friends. You’ve felt the urge to throw dice side by side with your battle-tested comrades and conquer the Stolen Lands together.

Whatever the case, now you may have such an opportunity! The tenth anniversary of the original “Kingmaker” adventure path for tabletop Pathfinder is just around the corner. To celebrate, its authors from Paizo have launched a crowdfunding campaign to run a new print of the legendary source books! And what’s more, they’ve decided to add some of the material from our video game to the new edition. For example, if you support them now, you may unlock Tristian and Nok-Nok chapters as part of the official companion guide!

The campaign will only run until May 22, so waste no time. Make a pledge, and experience the original adventure that inspired it all!

7ee862f28c0c0a2d70a7f595837bac1a_original.jpg

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Varnhold's lot DLC was ok. Would have preferred it if it was set in the campaign, with level cap expanded 5 levels. It's not like the game isn't difficult enough to take it. I'll take that back though if they plan to go to level 40 in a sequel.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I felt that some of the character portraits and music during their storyline cutscenes feel kinda jRPGish (especially Tristian's), but nothing that really annoys me since I like some jRPGs.

TwoEdge

Scholar
Is this a good time to start playing? Is all the DLC out?

There's one last DLC planned, but it was delayed. I don't think it affects the game too much though, as it's supposed to be an infinite dungeon mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom