Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker - now with Varnhold's Lot DLC - Beneath the Stolen Lands DLC coming May

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Feyd Rautha Cipher Patron

Feyd Rautha
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I guess I'll have to wait for the EE before I play then.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Yeah, good things come to those who wait, or so the saying goes.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Why do these guys only use their Kickstarter updates to promote Paizo merchandise?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2510178

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Chippy Learned

Chippy
    Varnhold's lot DLC was ok. Would have preferred it if it was set in the campaign, with level cap expanded 5 levels. It's not like the game isn't difficult enough to take it. I'll take that back though if they plan to go to level 40 in a sequel.

^ Top  
  6. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Isn't the actual PnP module kind of not good? Or at least meh?

^ Top  
  7. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    Whats with paizo and its pointy anime artwork,anime shit is the rage in pnp artwork these days?
    What happened to simple down to earth artwork?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I haven't known Paizo to use that aesthetic ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. JackOfOwls Learned

JackOfOwls
    I felt that some of the character portraits and music during their storyline cutscenes feel kinda jRPGish (especially Tristian's), but nothing that really annoys me since I like some jRPGs.

^ Top  
  10. karoliner Savant

karoliner
    Is this a good time to start playing? Is all the DLC out?

^ Top  
  11. TwoEdge Novice

TwoEdge
    There's one last DLC planned, but it was delayed. I don't think it affects the game too much though, as it's supposed to be an infinite dungeon mode.

^ Top  
  12. Krzysiek Educated

Krzysiek
    It is OK but better to wait for enhanced edition.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Does anyone else have problems claiming the Silver Lake region? I'm now entering the Varnhold chapter and have completed the Hunter quest a long time ago, but I still have no claim available.

^ Top  
  14. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    I think you need to level up Community to get access to more claims.

EDIT: Or maybe level up Loyalty as Daidre says.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 9:28 AM
    ^ Top  
  15. Daidre Educated

Daidre
    Claimed it as usual on my last run on 1.3 patch. Afair you also need Kamelands available for claiming to claim Silversteps, 40 Loyalty and Councilor rank 3 for this one.
    Other guesses that
    a) Quest is no completed, there is second part in Grove
    b) There was known bug when choosing murderous option was not completing it properly.

^ Top  
  16. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Weird, the quest is marked as finished, and I let the guy go. I also have Kamelands, community rank 5, loyalty rank 3, plenty of loyalty. The only thing I did not do is go back to the village to tell on him to the merchant, but I don't remember needing to do that the last time. Maybe I should try doing that as well, or leveling loyalty a bit more.

^ Top  
  17. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane

<3sRichardSimmons
    I have not read or played it, but I believe it is commonly considered to be one of the best APs Paizo put out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    That doesn't give me confidence :p

^ Top  
  19. Xeon Liturgist

Xeon
    Do checks about finding traps or secrets for example only happens once? I don't think they are like in the IE games for example where a check happens every round or something, is that correct?

^ Top  
  20. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane

<3sRichardSimmons
    I’m not sure if it’s every round, but they are definitely continually checked until discovered.

^ Top  
  21. Daidre Educated

Daidre
    Actually, no. You get only one attempt on Perception check until a level up. But from each character, and they have different perception radius depending on how high their skill is.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 6:02 PM
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    D'oh! Turns out I did have the claim, and probably for some time, I just never got the notification. Maybe because I did the quest before completing other requirements.

^ Top  
  23. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    Why are there no cool builds in Kangmaker?

Everything that's even remotely cool is either gimped or ruined by something else.

For instance, mages were cool in BG because you could cast stuff like Time Stop, or massive damage spells, and felt very powerful. In Kangmaker, even aside from the rest mechanics that gimp them, they don't do that much damage or have any epic spells, unless you cheese the ray spells and become an arcane archer essentially.

If you wanted to build a cool swordsman, on the other hand, you got:

1) Duelist - completely gimped build. Look at its description, is there anything there that sounds even remotely interesting or powerful? Your defining ability would probably be parry/riposte, except it's a complete joke, since your base defense will be much higher than your BAB as a duelist, so parrying would be counter-productive. Your ultimate ability adds some stat damage or tiny bleeding damage? Wtf... So this is basically a snorefest build with high defense and nothing else. What this has to do with the notion of a duelist, I don't know.

2) Sword saint / kensai - completely retarded build. Sword saint, swordsman, etc. Anybody rolling this would want to create a powerful sword master, not a freaking mage, so why did they make this a hybrid magic class?

3) Aldori duelist - Basically same as duelist, purely defensive class that will put you to sleep.

4) Two handed fighter - this one is actually pretty decent performance-wise, putting out good damage, but zero skill/involvement. Just auto-attack and go to sleep.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 2
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Just because you don't know them, it does not mean they don't exist.

I guess you didn't see the gnome sorcerer illusionist with crazy DC Weird that one shots enemy packs in hardest part of the game. No melee build can match that.

^ Top  
  25. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    That's my freaking point. Kangmaker has these retarded builds that no one would want to play for any reason other than they happen to be effective. Are there a lot of people growing up and watching movies about gnome sorcerer illusionists casting Weird spells? Is that what you wanted to be growing up? Yeah, exactly. Or maybe roll a Sword Saint/Paladin/Rogue/Bloodlines Priest multiclass that can use spell A together with ability B to produce a time continuum ripple and kill stuff with farts.

• butthurt butthurt x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)