Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by MicoSelva, Sep 25, 2018.

1. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    I know, but options are "Allies only" or "Enemies only". There's no "Allies & enemies". The "all" option includes people outside the group, the "none" option doesn't interest me.

Also, for some reason when I drag the combat log to expand it and, as I'm dragging it, I move the camera with WASD, my FPS drops to single digits.

^ Top  
  2. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    That's just encumbrance with your weak ass little rogue character. It's greatly increased when you are traveling with a party, where the weight can be distributed evenly. There is nothing tryhard about it and it works just fine. Also, when you are walking around in a safe camp zone (like you are doing), encumbrance doesn't seem to affect walking speed anyway. You are looking too hard for little shit to complain about.

Have yet to run into any such RNG. I've passed all in-dialogue skill checks because I have high enough attributes and skills, and every door/container opening for the same reason in the 5 hours I've been playing. Playing on hard, btw. I don't know, maybe I'll notice something like that soon.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Salute Salute x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    is there any way to change the companion AI?

edit:
    remapping character to select to F1-6 keys doesn't seem to work :(

^ Top  
  4. Fairfax Arcane

Fairfax
    There's no module yet.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    TBH I'd pay a few dollars for a portrait pack DLC if they're all of the same quality. Base ones are high quality, just way too few.

• Agree x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • decline x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "It baffles me that in a world where Troika figured out turn based combat FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS AGO others devs still refuse to copy them."

Copy them by going out of business? BRILLIANT.

• Funny x 11
    • Despair x 7
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • decline x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • nice x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Trying at challenging, party(with very limited choice ) get completely wrecked on random encounter cant heal without buying overpriced potions , then spider swarm, no one can cast AOE , game over.Also far too few portraits.

• incline incline x 3
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Funny, I think they did perfect turn based combat... Probably just not in the game they were referring to -- I assume ToEE.
    I often switched to the realtime combat in Arcanum because it was faster. I used turn-based for difficult fights.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Yeah i noticed that about the weight. As for the checks well they are not fixed and don't let you try again. My rogue is 19 dex and 16 int,in theory he should be able to open all that shit. Yet a lot of time i have to reload and try again. It is really bad design decision.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. toro Arcane

toro
    The spider swarms are retarded but I assume you have to level up +1 or +2 and then come back.

^ Top  
  11. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    You seem to imply that there is any correlation between turn-based combat and going out of business. You are wrong, friend.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Moink Savant

Moink
    Trokia went out of business after making a game with real time combat though

[​IMG]

• Yes x 3
    • Makes you think... x 3
    • Bad Spelling x 3
    • incline x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Spider swarms can't be damaged by normal attacks, just aoe damage, which is problematic because 1. Game does a shit job at informing the player of such 2. There is a good chance that the cave is the second area a new player visits and players at this point are in no way prepared or informed to deal with tiny spiders that are immune to everything they do, and wipe their party right after the easily killed off a much bigger spider.

It's shit game design.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Anyone know where the config file is stored? I found the savefiles but it's not in the same location.

^ Top  
  15. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Mechanically the game seems okay, but story wise I'm not feeling it. It's just so bog standard so far. The thing when you wake up in your room to battle sounds... I've must have seen that 100 times before, or it feels like anyway. Oh noes, we have been attacked by these vicious level 1 assassins, help us oh great warrior! I know I'm being an ass now, but couldn't help to roll my eyes at that moment. I'm trying to come up with a reason why my character ended up on their footstep in the first place. Apparently I answered a call, to what I don't know because I could ask all these questions after I had accepted the quest.

Oh well, hopefully it kicks up a notch later on.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. toro Arcane

toro
    First impressions: the game looks good and the combat is brutal. C&C is present.

I started on hard but I switched to challenging because I found no way to kill the first "random" encounter (3 wolves). *sigh*

To be honest, I got wiped like 20+ times already. The beginning is really brutal without a healer.

There are time limits. Not only the first major quest has a time limit of 3 months but there are time limited quests. This will definitely enrage some people.

I've reached the first dungeon and it's quite big.

I think people which enjoyed BGs will most likely enjoy this game. It's categorically better than PoE.

• Brofist x 9
    • incline x 6
    • Informative x 5
    • nice x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    I find it kind of interesting that anyone would start playing a game like this for the storyline. It's pretty easy to tell what you're getting into from even a very distant glance.

I always thought that presenting optional insurmountable challenges to the player, then expecting them to figure out that they are not ready for them and to come back later was good RPG design. It respects the intelligence of the player and urges them to recognize their limitations, leading to an improved sense of progression later on.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Agree x 10
    • Brofist x 5
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Yosharian Liturgist

Yosharian
    Can't take anyone seriously who claims to be 'offended' by social justice content.

I despise that kind of thing, but 'offended'? You sound like a fucking snowflake.

• Agree x 12
    • Brofist x 3
    • meh x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    I was going to call you a retarded 10 year old, and then I saw your join date. So you must be a retarded 14 year old.

• Funny Funny x 11
    ^ Top  
  20. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    I can't get over the comma in place of the (superior, natural, American) decimal point.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    the scarcity of damage reduction(and being completely different from armor) reminds me of why I hate D&D and the stuff based on it
    woops a bandit wielding a stick rolled a critical on your fully armored fighter wearing a shield, they're dead. :mad:

• butthurt x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • incline x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    I didn't write it. Write a reply on Steam if you are offended by this guy being offended.

• incline incline x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    They hired Avellone, so one would expect something.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. DrLocrian Educated

DrLocrian
    This is truly a slav game. Selling :outrage: for 8 gp and longswords for 4. Like it so far.

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. SophosTheWise Arbiter

SophosTheWise
    I totally get it, but I didn't feel the same way.
    To me it seems that the game is absolutely self-aware. The game knows it's cheesy and silly. I mean it starts by gathering a group of heroes and instantly gives you a bard praising you and the adventure that's about to come. Many games with this kind of content seem utterly generic -- but this game doesn't seem boring to me because it's written without the expectation of writing a masterpiece but with being content about what it represents. Other games seem uninspired when they do this, this game just feels comfortable, a bit like coming home to a home-cooked meal.

• Brofist x 5
    • Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • incline x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)