Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Andnjord

Arcane
"update queued".....
admiral-ackbar.png

haderlump

Literate
Looks like they adopted the "hit it with a hammer until it works" aproach with their updates...

Shadenuat

Arcane
Thankfully people already figured out for them that it is just a folder mismatch, you can even fix it yourself.

Prime Junta

Our lead QA is Russian. One of her previous jobs was testing spaceship parts for Roskosmos. She was very upset when one of the rockets blew up. An older colleague of hers reassured her, "do not be sad, it is in the nature of rockets to blow up sometimes."

She's an excellent QA lead though. Can't say what it says about Russians and their engineering or development practices but thought I'd share anyway.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is a workaround for the "bug":

its just a folder miss-match.

I moved all files from here:
Steam\SteamApps\common\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Kingmaker_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\GeneratedSoundBanks\

to here:
Steam\SteamApps\common\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Kingmaker_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\GeneratedSoundBanks\Windows\

This fixed it

Vatnik Wumao
Our lead QA is Russian. One of her previous jobs was testing spaceship parts for Roskosmos. She was very upset when one of the rockets blew up. An older colleague of hers reassured her, "do not be sad, it is in the nature of rockets to blow up sometimes."

She's an excellent QA lead though. Can't say what it says about Russians and their engineering or development practices but thought I'd share anyway.
As comrade Engels used to say, form gives function and repetition strengthens it. Patience should be a virtue for the sovok man.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
There is a workaround for the "bug":

its just a folder miss-match.

I moved all files from here:
Steam\SteamApps\common\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Kingmaker_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\GeneratedSoundBanks\

to here:
Steam\SteamApps\common\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Kingmaker_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\GeneratedSoundBanks\Windows\

This fixed it
It will break again next patch, and they will make sure to encrypt the file paths. Every solution offered only makes them stronger.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

QA in what?

But yeah, the sociocultural philosophies regarding problem-solving is one of those things you don't always think about, but have a profound impact on development and how various groups express themselves and are perceived by others. You'd think that engineers, so math-bound and dealing with solving real existing issues fundamental to various projects would be more similar, but from nation to nation, they differ to an almost comical degree, in my experience, even when it comes to relatively similar groups, such as Swedes & Danes.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Can't say what it says about Russians and their engineering or development practices but thought I'd share anyway.
That they make good rocket weapons.

Jokes aside,Rus have the reputation that they make practical and sturdy things. Most of the CCCP machines still work fine and you fix it on the road if something fucks up. Rus shit is always reliable when it come down to mechanics :salute:.

Vatnik Wumao
Are they even testing these hotfixes or are they just panic releasing?
Well, considering it's sunday and they were supposed to take a weekend off... :lol:
Free Sundays are a symptom of bourgeois decadence, alienating the worker from the product of his toil. Owlcat is working towards the plyatiletka with its large number of hotfixes aimed for export.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom