Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Drudkh

Learned
I'd like to make a formal appology to the lead programmer Mr. Brennecke of Obsidian for my past words, this game is on a whole other level of launch-fucked beyond any Obsidian release. Also, i know someone already mentioned this, but Owlcat can suck it for making resurrect scrolls 6k gold when i can spend about half as much to just make a new character. It's not that this game is too "hard", it's just all about driving the player nuts via sucking our precious time slogging back and forth through it's mind numbingly slow navigation system and constant rest requirements.... Great game tho :D

Nothing like firing up Pathfinder Kingmaker for some inclined and relaxing CRPG pleasure on a cold rainy Sunday! What's this? A letter for Valerie? A quest for my beloved companion! Let's see where they go with this!

Miss, miss, miss, cure light wounds pot, miss, lay on hands, miss, lay on hands, miss, miss, cure light wounds pot, miss, miss, cure light wounds pot, miss, lay on hands, miss, lay on hands, miss, miss, cure light wounds pot :popamole:
On the bright side at least, Valerie's got some shiny new full plate +2 now after the paladin accidentally a sword to the gut. And then all his entourage accidentally some swords too. Also JESUS H CHRIST I need to find a better way to get BP. Bought around 400-500 and wiped out my cash reserves and I still desperately want more BP since I want to build up everything. Not to mention there are a bunch of items I'd kinda like to have too. I guess one thing Kingmaker's got going for it is the money sink of the barony is effective because it gives me absolutely jack shit in return and yet I still want to pour all my gold into it which means finding money and valuables while adventuring feels nice.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I honestly don't mind not having tutorial or even tool tips explaining all the gameplay features. When I started to play BG games as a kid, I wasn't familiar with AD&D rules and didn't know what stats to pick, but I was so mesmerized by the game I just kept on playing and restarted a bunch of times after figuring out how the game worked. This is the way I approach Kingmaker as well. I already restarted once and I'm having a blast with the game. The actual game content is so good I don't mind having to spent time experimenting and figuring things out on my own.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I honestly don't mind not having tutorial or even tool tips explaining all the gameplay features. When I started to play BG games as a kid, I wasn't familiar with AD&D rules and didn't know what stats to pick, but I was so mesmerized by the game I just kept on playing and restarted a bunch of times after figuring out how the game worked. This is the way I approach Kingmaker as well. I already restarted once and I'm having a blast with the game. The actual game content is so good I don't mind a few hickups.

If you play a fighter put all your stats into CH and INT. CON is a dump stat.

Cael

Arcane
Nothing like firing up Pathfinder Kingmaker for some inclined and relaxing CRPG pleasure on a cold rainy Sunday! What's this? A letter for Valerie? A quest for my beloved companion! Let's see where they go with this!

Miss, miss, miss, cure light wounds pot, miss, lay on hands, miss, lay on hands, miss, miss, cure light wounds pot, miss, miss, cure light wounds pot, miss, lay on hands, miss, lay on hands, miss, miss, cure light wounds pot :popamole:
On the bright side at least, Valerie's got some shiny new full plate +2 now after the paladin accidentally a sword to the gut. And then all his entourage accidentally some swords too. Also JESUS H CHRIST I need to find a better way to get BP. Bought around 400-500 and wiped out my cash reserves and I still desperately want more BP since I want to build up everything. Not to mention there are a bunch of items I'd kinda like to have too. I guess one thing Kingmaker's got going for it is the money sink of the barony is effective because it gives me absolutely jack shit in return and yet I still want to pour all my gold into it which means finding money and valuables while adventuring feels nice.
It would be far more fun to port that kind of mechanic to a Pirate of the Caribbean game where you loot English and Spanish ships for treasure.

The wisp island is a rollercoaster of feeling smug for using protection and resists against electricity to feeling angry when you get overwhelmed by the sheer number of them zapping your fucking ass and blowing through your spells. Did finally get my first magical robe though, and level 8. The robe being "Acid spells have +2 DC" which is absolutely fucking useless to me but at least I've got a magic robe! Need to go to Bokken's shop so I can give him his set of books too. No idea what I'll get for it but it's probably worth checking out.

Also learned Reg is a cutter. Pretty sure this disqualifies him from being my wife. Very disappointed.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It would be far more fun to port that kind of mechanic to a Pirate of the Caribbean game where you loot English and Spanish ships for treasure.
We already have Sea Dogs, thanks.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
While I'm loving the game I have serious problems with kingdom part.

-BP gain is a pain in the ass, I have 7 extra regions with buildings and claimed resources but I've only 61 BP weekly...
-Only reliable source is buying them from merchants...
-Uprading buildings, trade agreements are not really worth their BP...
-Some really minor projects either take too long to complete (curse researches) or fucking overpriced. 1000 BP for a feast!! Let them rot.
-I managed everything fine from the start, never lost a "problem", all stats are at least "I" and did the main quests as soon as they appeared(that cursed hill thing especially) but my subjects are rioting in act 4 ...

I should've chosen Lawful evil...

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'd like to make a formal appology to the lead programmer Mr. Brennecke of Obsidian for my past words, this game is on a whole other level of launch-fucked beyond any Obsidian release. Also, i know someone already mentioned this, but Owlcat can suck it for making resurrect scrolls 6k gold when i can spend about half as much to just make a new character. It's not that this game is too "hard", it's just all about driving the player nuts via sucking our precious time slogging back and forth through it's mind numbingly slow navigation system and constant rest requirements.... Great game tho :D
Well they simulated PnP perfectly. Rarely players want to give a big bunch of their hard earned money to ress a dead player when that player can make a free new character and sometimes even inherit the gear of the dead one :)

Canus

Savant
I have never been so happy to unlock an upgrade as I was when I got the upgrade to half the time it took to do those two week projects. And all I needed to do was complete 70%+ of the game and be crowned king.
Amusingly enough if you're a Neutral Evil kingdom your kingdom motto actually has a typo in it.

Incendax

Augur
For example Tristian is an ecclesithurge and the domain mechanic of being able to slot their primary domain into non-domain slots is bugged and does not work.

This is quite singificant since a Domain like Fire gives you Fireball and a Fire primary ecclistheurge can double as an evocation blaster if it actually worked.
That part does work. I’ve got an Ecclesitheurge of Asmodeus with Fire primary and I can prepare fireball in all my slots.

It’s the “change your secondary domain” power that is all goofy and broken right now.

Andnjord

Arcane
Reports from the tomb:

So, I'd given the names both of my main char (a fighter tank) and of Octavia (all the others are custom chars). After a few tries I found a solution for Octavia: Baleful polymorph! Now Octavia is slowly plinking away at her opponent who is just a harmless puppy! :martini:

EDIT: And now all the soul-eaters are dead!!:yeah:

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finally did the Crag Linnorm fight yesterday with lvl 7 party on challenging.
Beat him twice but didn't have any Cold Iron weapon on first attempt :D
Second time I hit him with 5 enervations and then I had him Cursed, Poisoned, Slowed, Enfeebled, Fatigued and Webbed. He could not hit anything at that point and his breath weapon was also not doing much vs two tanks with 20 fire resistance. After that it was just waiting for enough hits to bring him down so I could finish him off with my +1 Cold Iron Dagger. In my mind I imagine that last blow going through his eye into the brain.

Cael

Arcane
Reports from the tomb:

So, I'd given the names both of my main char (a fighter tank) and of Octavia (all the others are custom chars). After a few tries I found a solution for Octavia: Baleful polymorph! Now Octavia is slowly plinking away at her opponent who is just a harmless puppy! :martini:
Octavia must make a save vs cute or you have a new addition to your kingdom :D

Andnjord

Arcane
Reports from the tomb:

I think the fact that the puppy tried to eat her brains out was enough of a bonus to her will save.

Time to rest now and memorize spells that are actually useful against undead!

Like, you know, death ward. Kinda useful to have when exploring a dark mysterious tomb...I feel so ashamed :(

Cael

Arcane
Reports from the tomb:

I think the fact that the puppy tried to eat her brains out was enough of a bonus to her will save.

Like, you know, death ward. Kinda useful to have when exploring a dark mysterious tomb...I feel so ashamed :(
I mean this in the nicest of ways: You-you-you... NOOB!

:happytrollboy:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
You can fix Tristian's missing second domain by respeccing with him the mod from nexusmods, doesn't fix the bugged second domain, but at least gives him the spells and domain power...or maybe make him just a regular cleric meanwhile waiting for the archetype to be fixed?

I think missing second domain shows that they probably were planning on working on his build before launch, but they didn't get to it.

Andnjord

Arcane
Reports from the tomb:

I mean this in the nicest of ways: You-you-you... NOOB!

:happytrollboy:
I'm learning :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom