Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It seems that you'll have the ability to 'reform' Regognar into chaotic neutral from chaotic evil. Guess adventuring is the best psychiatric/social help available in this fantasy world.
So? It's nothing new, I think in BG you could change companions' alignments.

Well, it just reeks of how some alignments are perceived to be more desirable than others. Some random murder hobo changes the nature of a man who has been shaped into a wild animal with all his numerous experiences--all by merely gracing him with their company! Sure!

I guess it just displeases me that alignments are sometimes treated as something fluid and not the core or fundament of a person.

Alignments should be fluid. People change. The idea that going on a massive adventure, seeing the world, meeting interesting people, and killing some of them wouldn't change you at all is silly. Good people can become evil and vice versa. Well organized teetotalers can become sloppy drunks. Sane people can go crazy.

In PK, like so many other RPGs, your own alignment also changes in response to your actions in the game.

Being able to change companion alignments is nothing new either--you could do the same to Viconia. I think this kind of thing may just seem less dissonant in games without a quantifiable alignment system. For example, you could turn Alistair and Leliana a bit more evil/pragmatic in DA:O if you handled their companion quests in certain ways, and that made perfect sense.

pm_675

Arbiter
Finished downloading. Will play a little and post impressions later.

Jezal_k23

I think characters shouldn't be immutable and neither should they be easily swayed. After all, they spend their whole lives before you came along acting a certain way, and that shouldn't be easy to change. Simply because you do good things doesn't mean a character in your party should be moved enough by that to change from evil to neutral or good. I think it's a combination of what you experience together as a party and what you do as a leader that could lead to a chance in alignment. That is to say the experience should feel meaninful so an alignment change is earned, which is what good character development is all about.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't really like him (he's a bit too positive IMO) but he's a good source for some day 1 unedited gameplay footage for new games, which is much more useful to me than any review.

I can't stand these bubbly, always-look-on-the-bright-side, saccharine streamers. Watching Cohh you'd think bad games exist only in the minds of grumpy, grouchy sourpusses.

Anyway, checked a few streams, so far I really like what I'm seeing, a lot of setting options, an ample character builder, clean and lucid UI, great music.

jf8350143

Liturgist
If my internet keep working well, I will finish the downloading in about 1 hour. But it's already 11pm here and I have lots of work tomorrow. Feeling very conflict right now, kind want to wait for it to finish downloading and create my character before going to bed, but it will take me at least half an hour to even decide the appearance of my character.

Sacibengala

Prophet
It seems that you'll have the ability to 'reform' Regognar into chaotic neutral from chaotic evil. Guess adventuring is the best psychiatric/social help available in this fantasy world.
So? It's nothing new, I think in BG you could change companions' alignments.

Well, it just reeks of how some alignments are perceived to be more desirable than others. Some random murder hobo changes the nature of a man who has been shaped into a wild animal with all his numerous experiences--all by merely gracing him with their company! Sure!

I guess it just displeases me that alignments are sometimes treated as something fluid and not the core or fundament of a person.

But alignments are suppose to be something fluid, isn't it? People change, it just depends on how the writers handle it.
yeah, like gender...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Alignments are determined by the actions of a person. Alignments do not determine the actions of a person. It has always been like this, and playing it any other way is retarded.

Edit: For fucks sake this isn't something you can disagree on you fucking mongoloid.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
There's something off about this game.

Starts with 7 splash screens, followed by loading screen triggering windows freeze detection (solved itself by waiting though).

The tooltips also take 30 seconds to load every time I click something. I guess they only tested on SSD or something?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Lol Codex mentioned during load near shit like Kickstarter is pretty funny.

Oooh that's nice, like in D:OS. Post screenshot.
wefoundtheirlair.jpg

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
There seem to be some people that are getting stuck on the loading screen..
Yuop, same here, like 2 minutes... but started at some point. exe crash every time on exit game.

Booted it on my mac, got stuck on the load screen after it seemed to finish loading, now I'm restarting and trying again.
FYI : https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1734339901253226993/

Thanks. People are saying it can take ten minutes to load the first time you run it, but it’s been fifteen. My PC download is two thirds of the way through, so worst case I’ll just play it on the other computer.

Edit: Infinitron —it’s been stuck loading on my Apple laptop, technically my work computer, for 25 mins. I’m downloading it on my windows desktop now. Hopefully it will run.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
There's something off about this game.

Starts with 7 splash screens, followed by loading screen triggering windows freeze detection (solved itself by waiting though).

The tooltips also take 30 seconds to load every time I click something. I guess they only tested on SSD or something?
it takes 30 sec. to load on SSD, I also thought my game froze during load but it just takes that long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom