Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Apparently my game has reached a broken state after finishing Nok-Nok's quest.

He talked to the giant who then went to the capital to berzerk. I can do the event "Munguk's Drunken Rage" in the kingdom screen, but after failing OR succeeding it, it just pops up again.
And every day or two the giant rampage decreases three of my kingdom stats, so my kingdom will just fail now because of Nok-Nok's goblin diplomacy. Working as intended?

Unsure if I can find a save to dig up or have to wait for a potential bug fix. I do not want to put my kingdom on invincible, since I feel the mode is ingrained in the play experience.
It is working as intended. You are supposed to succeed that event multiple times before the Giant goes away. Savescum that shit like crazy until you win.

Kill the Giant when you see him, praise toro afterwards.
OK, but does that frack up Nok Nok's quest?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jubilost master race, always have extended Hastes ready all day.

Again, whoever complained about the companions being built badly is insane. Okay so they are not 8 WIS, INT, CHA crushbots but they're all pretty damn effective out of the box. It's a real struggle deciding who I want in my team.

Just one thing, I hope Tristian never dies, I've no idea how I'd put out endless highly effective healing without him and he's my best advisor tied with the gnome.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Apparently my game has reached a broken state after finishing Nok-Nok's quest.

He talked to the giant who then went to the capital to berzerk. I can do the event "Munguk's Drunken Rage" in the kingdom screen, but after failing OR succeeding it, it just pops up again.
And every day or two the giant rampage decreases three of my kingdom stats, so my kingdom will just fail now because of Nok-Nok's goblin diplomacy. Working as intended?

Unsure if I can find a save to dig up or have to wait for a potential bug fix. I do not want to put my kingdom on invincible, since I feel the mode is ingrained in the play experience.
It is working as intended. You are supposed to succeed that event multiple times before the Giant goes away. Savescum that shit like crazy until you win.

Kill the Giant when you see him, praise toro afterwards.
OK, but does that frack up Nok Nok's quest?
Nope. It's possible that it might remove one of the possible endings from his quest, but I was still able to
make him a Big Hero
after killing Munguk.

Parabalus

Arcane
The magic happens when all the Enlarge spells begin stacking with it and of course crits flow.

Still, I eventually switched it for I believe Composite Bow of Speed for an extra shot.

The best bow for Ekun is
in chapter 6 nymph trader. it gives him free Blindsight.
But the "of speed" additional attack doesn't stack with additional attack from haste. Or does it?
I does not. But you can get that extra attack in round one when Haste is not up yet.

Why would you not pre-cast haste?
Low duration? I never precast spells that last 1 round /lvl.

Before you aggro mobs, at least. With all the metamagic + Oculus you can really have it up all the time, no reason not to.
Oculus?
That means you killed Tristan and as result lost all people for one Advisor spot unless you picked up that priest of Lamashu. Good luck keeping your kingdom safe after that without putting it on baby difficulty

Ofc I picked up the priestess, I'm natural evil. Quite happy with her as well, that betrayer deserved the axe.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm usually all for hand placed loot, but the game presents too many trap choices with weapon specialization options. They should've made leveled pools of unique items that spawn in hand picked containers that are determined by weapon focus feats you've picked. Better than choosing punchdagger from start and finding out that they practically don't exist.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The magic happens when all the Enlarge spells begin stacking with it and of course crits flow.

Still, I eventually switched it for I believe Composite Bow of Speed for an extra shot.

The best bow for Ekun is
But the "of speed" additional attack doesn't stack with additional attack from haste. Or does it?
I does not. But you can get that extra attack in round one when Haste is not up yet.

Before you aggro mobs, at least. With all the metamagic + Oculus you can really have it up all the time, no reason not to.
Oculus?
That means you killed Tristan and as result lost all people for one Advisor spot unless you picked up that priest of Lamashu. Good luck keeping your kingdom safe after that without putting it on baby difficulty

Ofc I picked up the priestess, I'm natural evil. Quite happy with her as well, that betrayer deserved the axe.
But Evil options are not to pick her up. You need to be good for that one moment to pick her up. Game screwed me there and my evil run. I killed her by choosing evil option and later found out that I cannot get Oculus and have a advisor :(
Also it is bad to mention Oculust when it is only for a smaller percentage of players that will get it, most will not choose to kill Tristan.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
I'm usually all for hand placed loot, but the game presents too many trap choices with weapon specialization options. They should've made leveled pools of unique items that spawn in hand picked containers that are determined by weapon focus feats you've picked. Better than choosing punchdagger from start and finding out that they practically don't exist.

it s funny. there are lots of + 5 weapons that i've seen only two or three in the whole game. orc axes and punching daggers come into mind.

they should just make the npcc selli way more weapons. hell they sell things that ingame should be way WAY more rare already

OK so rerolled a pally; two handing a fauchard. cleaving and smiting the shit out of the shitty were rats while touching myself. very very effective against their DR.

I think i should probably go and play chapter 2, but you know bugs are still being found and patches are still begin made.

Parabalus

Arcane

The best bow for Ekun is

Oculus?

But Evil options are not to pick her up. You need to be good for that one moment to pick her up. Game screwed me there and my evil run. I killed her by choosing evil option and later found out that I cannot get Oculus and have a advisor :(
Also it is bad to mention Oculust when it is only for a smaller percentage of players that will get it, most will not choose to kill Tristan.

Yeah, some of the alignment options are finnicky.
I let her go because I liked her work (caring for the infertile etc.), which is "good" in a micro-vacuum, but ultimately evil. There are a few more examples of such cases.

Fuck that magic elf, never had him in my party and he stabs me in the back. Harrim all the way!

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Beat the game and Steam says my playthrough took around 170 hours to do everything I came across. Even with all the loading times and kingdom management distractions, it's crazy that Owlcat's first RPG (and hopefully many more to follow) matches favorably with BG2 SOA+TOB in terms of playtimes.

Anyway, the last couple of acts will need some numbers tuning because many of the encounters had Challenge Ratings in the 20s for a party that could have an average level of 15-18. The final chapter also made too much use of enemies spawning in waves behind the party, with Wild Hunt Archers being especially obnoxious in their ability to appear out of nowhere and gang up on your support characters, obliterating them in a second from half a screen away. While it felt good to eventually overcome these fights, I felt they were a poor fit for RTwP.

Despite the numerous progress stalling bugs and some over-optimistic encounter design at the end, Kingmaker was easily the best Kickstarted RPG I've played. Nothing else has scratched that Infinity Engine Murderhobo itch.

Efe

Erudite
whats this oculus or tristian thing?
in one game he took the eye and shattered it by giving his sight. in another he took it and put it on himself, then eye was removed and i picked it up.
he didn't die in 2nd version and is serving happily.

Parabalus

Arcane
whats this oculus or tristian thing?
in one game he took the eye and shattered it by giving his sight. in another he took it and put it on himself, then eye was removed and i picked it up.
he didn't die in 2nd version and is serving happily.

So you have both oculus artifact (equippable on belt) and tristan in your party?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Where are people finding all these great bastard swords? I'm in chapter 4 and I can't remember ever seeing any that looked good, and I explored pretty much everywhere I could. Maybe I'm just missing perception checks.
It's trolling from developers. You'll walk around with +1 Flaming one for 2/3 of the game.
Or devs just really want us to use paladins or magus :D
One day I just might make a full paladin/magus party and pick up all kinds of weapons to say fuck you to devs :D

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

The best bow for Ekun is

Oculus?

Shandra Mervey seems like the Evil option to take as an envoy, though. Even though she's actually pretty neutral, she's affiliated with the "evil" faction.
Incidentally, how is refusing to give Lander's body back to his family a LE option? Knowingly bringing back an evil criminal to make your life easier by "avoiding a scandal" with his rich family is LN at worst in my opinion.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
That is a poor comparison, though, because the game isn't a roguelike, and gear is not random
Artisans feel p. random to me especially when they bug out and give you 3 same items in a row :troll:
I think that only happens if you request something specific, but yeah it's annoying that you have to manually tell them "OK thanks for the sword I asked for, now go ahead and make whatever instead of bringing me 10 more Flyswatters."

ArchAngel

Arcane

The best bow for Ekun is

Oculus?

Shandra Mervey seems like the Evil option to take as an envoy, though. Even though she's actually pretty neutral, she's affiliated with the "evil" faction.
Incidentally, how is refusing to give Lander's body back to his family a LE option? Knowingly bringing back an evil criminal to make your life easier by "avoiding a scandal" with his rich family is LN at worst in my opinion.
I did pick her up as "evil" option, but she is not really evil. And I was told she
leaves your service at about same time you kill Tristan for Oculus. And if you didn't pick up the Lamashu priestess... well you are fucked.

Parabalus

Arcane

The best bow for Ekun is

Oculus?

I did have shandra, but she vanished and didn't come back (when she should have according to cutscenes, likely bug). Would be fucked without Tsanna. Praise Lamashtu.

Glad to know Lander is also a cuck betrayer, he even looks like tristan. Never trust effeminate men.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

The best bow for Ekun is

Oculus?

I did pick her up as "evil" option, but she is not really evil. And I was told she
leaves your service at about same time you kill Tristan for Oculus. And if you didn't pick up the Lamashu priestess... well you are fucked.
Oh, I didn't realize that. They probably should've made Maegar or Jhod a councilor option, too.

The best bow for Ekun is

Oculus?

I did have shandra, but she vanished and didn't come back (when she should have according to cutscenes, likely bug). Would be fucked without Tsanna. Praise Lamashtu.

Glad to know Lander is also a cuck betrayer, he even looks like tristan. Never trust effeminate men.
Lander is basically a crony-capitalist Joffrey, as it turns out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom