Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
No, one of my mercs is samuraialdori.

ArchAngel

Arcane
We are talking about high difficulty settings, right?
I don't know, I am playing on challenging. It is up to you to mention difficulty you are talking about when mentioning something is hard or easy. We are not mind readers.
We are codexers, so if you are not fantadomat - you are playing at least on hard. I thought you don't need to point obvious things.
I think only a few people are playing on Hard here.
And I don't play on Hard because I prefer to have a more authentic D&D experience, once you change numbers too much, many of the classes and abilities become pretty useless.

razvedchiki

Erudite
the countess probably is a bug,she wasnt there before 1.1 and she doesnt talk.

neither do i play hard just challenging,havent found a way for my tanks to have sufficient AC for hard "(

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I played Icewind Dale on Heart of Winter difficulty (or whatever it was called) with a fresh level 1 party.

The trick was not to need AC. You did this by spamming web/entangle/grease and Hold Person. That was basically the only way to survive and progress.

And even so, I have no urge to play this game on Hard+.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We are talking about high difficulty settings, right?
I don't know, I am playing on challenging. It is up to you to mention difficulty you are talking about when mentioning something is hard or easy. We are not mind readers.
We are codexers, so if you are not fantadomat - you are playing at least on hard. I thought you don't need to point obvious things.
I think only a few people are playing on Hard here.
And I don't play on Hard because I prefer to have a more authentic D&D experience, once you change numbers too much, many of the classes and abilities become pretty useless.

Challenging for me as well. Probably could switch to Hard, because I'm having few challenges now (level 9), but I don't mind feeling rewarded for progress and don't want bloated enemy saves/CMDs. Plus as I understand, there will be some challenge again eventually.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The Countess bug is harmless, by the way. The quest can be resolved normally. Once you clear the boss in Pitax, leave the city, and enter it again. Then go to the Lonely Manor with Octavia from the map that pops up.
And yes, that bug has been there for several hotfixes now. Low prio.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm now thinking about setting option affecting enemy rolls to normal and leave stats on hard.

Efe

Erudite
i thought you did olegs fight by sending everyone except 1 across the gate as far as you can so they start the fight behind the enemy.
very easy once you get free access to those archers

GrainWetski

Arcane
This is a response to you and the other couple of people who seem to disagree with the statement.

This game not only clearly does not belong on consoles because of the way it controls, but because of it's problems with performance even with the beefiest systems on the platform it was made for. Not to mention it will not appeal to the general casual taste of said console owners.

It's a waste of time and resources because it's going to sell like shit on consoles, and if the game had a troubled reception on PC because of things like complexity and difficulty, I can't imagine the outrage those few who buy it on consoles will express. It will serve to further drag the title through the critical mud and cause the publisher to apply pressure on Owlcat to alter things that are going to lead to an overall decline of quality. Either way it shakes out, it's going to deviate the focused strength of the developer.

It really surprises me how some folks around here can't recognize how this will play out given observable patterns in the industry in the past. I don't think it'll destroy Owlcat or anything, but there is no doubt in my mind that it will be a detriment in some way to the spirit of the qualities we appreciate in the developer here.
Clearly nothing ever happened to certain genres, mainly CRPGs and FPS, after being forced onto consoles. Nothing at all.

Oh well, the genre was already completely dead for about a decade, so it won't be anything new when the inevitable happens.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Difficulty spike? Let me just say, the last chapters are not a difficulty spike. They are a difficulty Himalaya that you are asked to insert into your ass.

Yosharian

Arcane
So, here's a question for you guys. I finished the Stag Lord off, but I still have 50+ days left on the timer. Should I spend those 50 days grinding against mobs and exploring the areas I haven't visited yet? I figure those 50 days are 'free' days that I won't get to spend doing other things if I just hand in the Stag Lord quest right now... am I wrong?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, here's a question for you guys. I finished the Stag Lord off, but I still have 50+ days left on the timer. Should I spend those 50 days grinding against mobs and exploring the areas I haven't visited yet? I figure those 50 days are 'free' days that I won't get to spend doing other things if I just hand in the Stag Lord quest right now... am I wrong?
There is not that much to explore anyways. I would clear the map of all areas your Perception will allow you to find. Even with Stag Lord gone, the magic fog is still there impeding your progress.

panda

Savant
so when i slay some monsters i suck some blue stuff,like the highlander after a duel.whats up with that?
This is tied to late game quest. In theory you need to kill 50 strong monsters to get access to the deepest part of a certain dungeon.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Game just majorly dicked me.

I am in an area where you need to assemble a key made out of three parts. Without this key, some doors are locked. There's a part of the map that you can only reach by unlocking one of the doors.

Well, the game glitched and when I climbed up some stairs, instead of where I normally come out, it dropped me inside a room locked by all sides by doors I have no key for. There's no secret wall to spot...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
In fact, that's game over for me, I only kept my auto-save and 2 quicksaves, and used them all in that area. Great game, 10/10. Grrr...

Lately a lot of things I enjoyed turned to trash near the end. As much as I appreciate a higher challenge, copy-pasting the same encounter 15 times, even if it's a good or challenging encounter, isn't enjoyable. This would be fine if at least the game didn't teleport me into a locked room because of a glitch.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
The one you need in the House at the Edge of Time. If you have the code, that would help, but I don't know what the final key is called.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't remember room like this, one has key in a chest, one has guards I think

The endgame suxx tho.

Can you load your save somewhere? I wanna see where you ended up
Wonder if you missed a key on one of the guard bodies during your jumps

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
836802796a75ff8dc168312795fd6d45.jpg

The one that opens the door with the single character to the left and the one near Valerie. There's no way to escape this area without it.

See the transition at the bottom left? That's where the stairs were supposed to lead me. But because Octavia was too big I think the game moved me to that locked corridor, trapping me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom