Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

panda

Savant
Can't you teleport out with lantern off? AFAIR only one character needs to hit the veil/mist/whatever and entire party will automatically follow.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's only one mist there, and that mist puts you into a room IN THE SAME TRAPPED CORRIDOR (just the alternate version).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Exactly. Well, I did make one "just in case" save before I headed to the House, so I can certainly reload. But I ... don't really want to? The House sucks. If someone has the key item ID, thank you. If not, replaying the game would be more fun than finishing it.

And yes, keeping only 3-4 saves does drastically increase load times.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The house is best played through by collecting companions, rushing 3d key and be done with it. Then you can finish it in 20 mins.

3d key (Key to Nyrissa Chambers) is what Jasede is missing. It can open middle door on his picture.

panda

Savant
There's only one mist there, and that mist puts you into a room IN THE SAME TRAPPED CORRIDOR (just the alternate version).
Damn, you right, just checked it.
But i had no key too when i got there and that low/left door could be opened without it. I even thought it was part of puzzle of sorts: that some doors could only be opened from one direction, and you'd need to go there through mist first.

Edit: oh, i see you solved it

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yep, but in this complex rpg the more saves you have the harder it is to load them
I keep 4 hard saves that I reload over and 3 autosaves and 3 quicksaves. Of those hard saves, one is always out on the world map before I enter some major quest area. That one stays there until I am done with it all. Just in case...

I see Jasede did the same, I guess now it is just about if you she wants to redo content. Maybe put it on Story difficulty so you can redo content you did already faster?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sent my scouts on 30 day event to find the Armag's Tomb and in the meantime I decided to do the other main quest. I am now in
Abandoned Keep
and I found some strange things/possible bugs.
1. There is some monster there that keeps regenerating and I could not kill it. I tried Cold Iron, acid and some other elements on it. Not sure if I tied Fire yet.
2. Game mentioned I've seen a medusa or something but I didn't see any such creature, kind of sad about the game spoilering it.
3. Seems this place has some of the books Linzi talked about that could help find Armag's Tomb. I found one book that says to find 3 more that should have more info about it.
4. If you helped one of the Defaced Sisters you find her here and she helps you, nice bit of C&C. And it lets you do more C&C with her, I told her to use Imprisonment on herself

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
While I am here, the bitch BEHIND the locked door has just cast her 12th Heal spell. Am I supposed to be doing something here or does she eventually run out?

Edit: holy fuck she finally ran out.

This endgame gets a solid 2/10 from me. (The rest of the game was still great.)

ArchAngel

Arcane
For this immortal monster use negative energy.
Like Inflict critical wounds? Or like Enervation?
If this explained anywhere? Or a bug that is circumvented with the negative energy "trick"?
The creature is in the Wild Magic, 50% spell failure + casting spells does not sound like a fun time. I beat him to the ground using two archers, for some reason he would not move from his spot LOL

Reinhardt

Arcane
For this immortal monster use negative energy.
Like Inflict critical wounds? Or like Enervation?
If this explained anywhere? Or a bug that is circumvented with the negative energy "trick"?
The creature is in the Wild Magic, 50% spell failure + casting spells does not sound like a fun time. I beat him to the ground using two archers, for some reason he would not move from his spot LOL
Wounds. But low level spells was not enough because he's regenerating and 50% spell failure chance. Big spell killed it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Who knows

Disintegrate also works. I figured it regenerated so used that using muh intuition
Don't have Disintegrate but I got Slay Living but I don't use it with everyone having inflated HP/saves and my fighters/rogues kill everything in 1-2 rounds anyways.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Shadenuat am I supposed to have the Wild Energies (50% spell failure) debuff everywhere throughout the House at the End of Time, or is it just bugged and permanently active? For a while I did not have it, but then I went downstairs and even since coming back up I am still under the influence of this debuff.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
While I am here, the bitch BEHIND the locked door has just cast her 12th Heal spell. Am I supposed to be doing something here or does she eventually run out?

Edit: holy fuck she finally ran out.

This endgame gets a solid 2/10 from me. (The rest of the game was still great.)
I guess it really was a faithful adaptation of the module after all

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I think it's a tongue in cheek joke.
The guys who made this are as old or older than me. I think they did this as a reference to the original Baldur's Gate trailer, in which a man in metal armor on a boat is hit by lightning during a storm. After the trailer, many of us thought the game would have realistic weather effects and that you would need to take off metal armor during a storm.

Nothing of that made it into the game. I've never talked about this here, but I'll always remember it. Trailers are all lies.

I thought the storms were like their final nod to Baldur's Gate. "Look, guys! Our game managed it!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom